Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2008, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice- thanks! and laak- my reason and explanation for postin the info is two posts back- i know the nature of this thread!
Old Apr 29, 2008, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A little hard love in here the last 2 days
Old Apr 29, 2008, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

I know why you posted it, I'm just teasing you since you said it was reference for others.

There is no image search on evom and all the data in the tables is useless unless everyone bookmarks that specific post
Old Apr 29, 2008, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dryad001
A little hard love in here the last 2 days
Old Apr 29, 2008, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by RED DEMON
How are you likingthe turbo? How is the pull- when does it spool up? Numbers?
any regrets or downsides? or thingsw you would do differently the second time around?

What turbo would you guys recommend for myself- im kinda like tek3 in the sense that i use it as a daily driver, but keep in mind my car has 63k miles and also needs to be able to perform in altitude!

Green? 50-trim (my initial thought), 35r? 3065? TME turbo, others?
I'm not sure you're daily drive is the same as tek3's daily drive. We once daily drove our evos out by holy hill. And tek3's daily drive was at 145mph+, i know cause i was behind him and staring at the speedometer.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 01:23 PM

Just outlog a V8 from a light. Hahaha
Old Apr 29, 2008, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by laakness
MikeMan...all of those mods at once are going to make your gas mileage worse...you might get a little mpg bump with just a tune but like Fireball said...not much.
Thx mike.....guess its looking more and more like a DD for me I dont care about the MPG so much now that I think of it...but the miles flying up on the odometer get depressing.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 03:15 PM
Evolved Member

It'll last if you keep up on the maintenance. I'm at 67K, Nick is over 70, and RedDeamon has 60+ and we're all on '03's I think.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 03:27 PM

It'll last if you keep up on the maintenance. I'm at 67K, Nick is over 70, and RedDeamon has 60+ and we're all on '03's I think.
Mine's also. If my first cylinder piston was still good.

But i got a new set coming, i'm close to 80k. Getting old.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 03:59 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I had 86k on the silver one when I sold it.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I had over 70k on my 03 when I sold it too.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Hey Guys a couple questions. Did someone in here say they have a turbo XS FMIC? latest issue of Turbo says its picked up like 17whp on a IX with that swap.

Also, is there anyone interested in here in my IX MR SE Black Chrome wheels. Thinking of selling them. PM and make an offer If you want them.
Old Apr 29, 2008, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

I think Nez's is turbo xs but I doubt he's changing it out now
Old Apr 29, 2008, 09:14 PM

First off I would like to thank you guys for having my back on this topic however I fully understand where the Mods are coming from. It’s their duty to keep everything fair for their paying vendors. Believe me I know!

However, I wasn’t and haven’t been pushing what I carry on anyone. More a less, letting your members know what I do and what I carry. Because of it being extremely hard to find great Race fuels around here exp Torco and VP race fuels I figured I would give everyone in the Milwaukee area a heads up. Plus I usually beat anyone else’s prices by quite a bit! I haven’t posted all over this forum, just in the area around my location. I’m not one of those guys who tries to push his products and then sit back and collect his money and done with it, As Ryan knows, I’m all about racing, TURBOS!!!, big power ect I’m out at the drag strip all the time, helping other members wrench on their cars the best I can, and helping out at Group meets to give back to the members!

Also and most importantly, being young myself, I understand how easily we can be fed false info and believe it. So with that in mind, I tired to post that You really have to be careful about where you get your fuels from. Reason being, My family does own a gas station so I have seen all of the little things that are involved that no one really thinks about when it comes to fuels. Both Pump gas fuels and Race Gas fuels.

For instance, The ease of Pulling up to a pump and filling up with Race gas is awesome! I will agree and I don’t even have any race fuels at our pumps. However a couple things to watch out for…..1) Its illegal to fill up your car right at the pump (if its Leaded Fuels) and then drive away, different story if its on a trailer. I know of 2 buddies of mine who got ticketed and fined for doing such thing at another station. The cops come and you are forced to drain your tank on site!
2) All underground tanks, by law, have to have breather tubes. Which vent the vapors out of the ground and into the air. However, in turn that allows oxygen to be constantly mixing with the fuel…which we all know is a bad thing for race gas. The longer it sits in the ground not being moved and mixing with the oxygen the lower the octane really is.

So if a station gets a load of 1000 gallons, and it takes 9 months to move all of the fuel…by about the 4th month you are paying for basically fuel that is no higher octane than Pump gas and yet still paying $2 or $3 per gallon higher!!!

Drums sometimes are a PITA to move and pickup, but the ability to fill up at your convenience, not haveing to worry about the prices fluxuating like pump gas prices, and the ability to seal the drum back up right after your done filling up makes it stay fresh for a LONG TIME!

Thats all i have for now.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 06:01 AM

83k for me

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners