Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2008, 12:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ink
I have have my old rear bumper sitting at the shop and unfortunately I have no truck to pick it up with. Ive been trying to get a hold of a family member with a big truck with no success. If anyone on here can lend me a hand picking it up and dropping it off a few miles away I will gladly buy you some wings or...
You shoulda asked Nez before he lost his truck.

That bumper isn't too big; it should fit in a reasonable SUV, right?
Old Jun 23, 2008, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ink
I have have my old rear bumper sitting at the shop and unfortunately I have no truck to pick it up with. Ive been trying to get a hold of a family member with a big truck with no success. If anyone on here can lend me a hand picking it up and dropping it off a few miles away I will gladly buy you some wings or...
Give me a call.
Ink
Evolving Member

It should... Its not huge but it definately is not small.
Evolved Member

Nick we can always duct tape it to the roof of the 1st gen!
Old Jun 23, 2008, 12:30 PM
Ink
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by fcheng118
Give me a call.
Will do. Thanks Pete
Old Jun 23, 2008, 12:31 PM
Ink
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Nez136
Nice
Old Jun 23, 2008, 12:34 PM

Is that how they do it in door county?

Last edited by fcheng118; Jun 23, 2008 at 12:42 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If anyone wants to buy a house...

http://view.guidedtour.tv/shorewesttv_shorewest_1021013
Old Jun 23, 2008, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fcheng118
Is that how they do it in door county?
No, in door county we just tie a rope to it and drag the fu<ker down the street
Old Jun 23, 2008, 01:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Where are you moving to Laak?

That looks like a kick *** deck you have.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by the-moss
Where are you moving to Laak?

That looks like a kick *** deck you have.
We're moving to Appleton around August 1st. We'll just do an apartment to start with so it's flexible for the future buyers of our house to not get caught in the you buy/i buy/they need to sell domino effect.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Nez136
Hey now, you might scratch the paint... or peel it off with the duct tape.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Hey guys I am a member of SAN ( SEMA Action Network) they have helped with legislation pertaining to various topics in many states. i contacted them recently about Exhaust laws in Wisconsin. they did get back with me and said they would try to help get laws in this state so they are fair.

their response

For the past several years, SEMA and the SAN have been battling state laws and legislation which seeks to ban the sale, installation or use of an exhaust system which has been modified in a manner which will amplify or increase the noise emitted by the exhaust. These laws, which appears to be the case in Wisconsin, effectively discriminate against the motor vehicle aftermarket by restricting exhaust systems to those installed by the motor vehicle manufacturers. We agree that these exhaust systems should not be used in a way that causes overly loud or objectionable noise. However, these laws ban the sale, installation and use of exhaust systems that result in even modest and inoffensive noise increases.

We have worked in other states to establish exhaust noise limits indicated in decibels and allow vehicle owners to prove compliance by an objectively measured fair and predictable procedure. In California, for example, provision is made for the testing of vehicle exhaust noise to a standard adopted by the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) to an established noise limit of 95-decibels (SAE J1169). Under the SAE standard, a sound meter is placed 20 inches from the exhaust outlet at a 45 degree angle and the engine is revved to three quarters of maximum rated horsepower. The highest decibel reading is then recorded. This procedure allows law enforcement personnel a clear standard to enforce, allowing them to objectively demonstrate whether or not a modified exhaust system is in violation.

To date, this procedure has been enacted in California, Washington State, Maine and Montana. I would be happy to work with you on getting legislation introduced in Wisconsin to regulate exhaust noise with a specified noise limit which can easily be tested and administered.

To do this, I would first suggest passing a copy of the SEMA model language (attached) on to your State Representative and Senator in Madison. Once you have made contact with their office, I will be happy to follow up with them to provide additional information on the SEMA model.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need additional information.

Thanks again,

Jason Tolleson
Director, SEMA Action Network

I have contact my State representitive with their attached Bill Proposal.

No person shall modify the exhaust system of a motor vehicle in a manner so that the exhaust system emits in excess of ninety-five decibels as measured by the society of automotive engineers (sae) standard j1169 (may 1998). It shall not be a violation of this section unless proven by proper authorities that the exhaust sytem modification results in noise amplification in excess of ninety-five decibels under the prescribed sae test standard.
A court may dismiss any action for which a person is prosecuted for operating a vehicle in violation of this subsection if it is found that the defendant had reasonable grounds to believe that the vehicle was not operated in
The term motor vehicle as used in this section does not include motorcycles.

This will give a standard to base legality on rather than the whim of a police officer. i would encourage all of you to do the same if you wanted any chance to get the law changed.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Might be good news. Good job Bill, but theres always going to be ******** cops out there. Im surprised that last week when I was heading to work New BErlin was following me down National onto Moorland never got pulled over and was never looked at when they passed me, and I have expired out of state plates.

Scotty, I got your PM. See if you cant get it in a billet wheel. I need the hotside in a 3" 4-bolt configuration, no v-bands.

Last edited by dryad001; Jun 23, 2008 at 03:13 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Forgot about this, just ordered one of these ******:

http://www.lincolnelectric.com/produ...on-tig-225.asp

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners