Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2005, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick opinion wanted from the evo guys. I am craving more power out of the evo and am thinking of purchasing a large "power package" this winter; then having the parts installed (and a tune done) after winter by either a local shop or AMS. Currently, engine wise, i have a APS BOV, RS*R turboback, Works filter, and two defi d-gauges (NEED to upgrade narrowband a/f to wideband).
How does this look for a engine part package? Anything i should remove? Anything i need to add?
  • HKS 272/272 [or 264/272 more streetable?] camshafts
  • HKS/AEM/Fidanza Cam gears
  • Electronic Boost controller (Thinking of Profec E-01, HKS EVC V, and Apexi AVC-R)
  • ???? Walboro Fuel pump ????
  • ARP Headstuds
  • 10.5 hotside
  • Upgraded FMIC (or just upper and lower hoses)
  • Engine fuel management or ECU re-flash (Utec, Emanage 2, SAFC II, Xede, or simply Dynoflash)
  • ???? Upgraded Header OR Manifold ????
  • ???? Injectors ????
Any opnions greatly appreciated...im having a hard choice deciding between a 264/272 cam combo or straight 272s; and also as evosfly04 has mentioned, i am not sure if i need a walboro unless i have a larger turbo. Lastly, you guys think injectors are a must?

Last edited by RED DEMON; Nov 17, 2005 at 01:53 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RED DEMON
Quick opinion wanted from the evo guys. I am craving more power out of the evo and am thinking of purchasing a large "power package" this winter; then having the parts installed (and a tune done) after winter by either a local shop or AMS. Currently, engine wise, i have a APS BOV, RS*R turboback, Works filter, and two defi d-gauges (want to upgrade narrowband 02 to wideband).
How does this look for a engine part package? Anything i am missing? Anything i need to add?
  • HKS 272/272 [or 264/272 more streetable?] camshafts
  • HKS/AEM/Fidanza Cam gears
  • Electronic Boost controller (Thinking of Profec E-01, HKS EVC V, and Apexi AVC-R)
  • ???? Walboro Fuel pump ????
  • ARP Headstuds
  • 10.5 hotside
  • Upgraded FMIC (or just upper and lower hoses)
  • Engine fuel management or ECU re-flash (Utec, Emanage 2, SAFC II, Xede, or simply Dynoflash)
  • ???? Upgraded Header OR Manifold ????
  • ???? Injectors ????
Any opnions greatly appreciated...im having a hard choice deciding between a 264/272 cam combo or straight 272s; and also as evosfly04 has mentioned, i am not sure if i need a walboro unless i have a larger turbo. Lastly, you guys think injectors are a must?
well i have the straight 272's in my car and i love them, drivabilty is great! front mount is not needed unless your upgrading to a different turbo(10.5 doesn't count), you should be able to yield around 20 whp with the 10.5 install, injectors will not be needed if you go with a flash since they are always on the conservative side, if you go with a EMS injectors will most likely have to be upgraded. fuel pump is a cheap way to make sure your delievering enough fuel to the injectors(its a must when you really start pushing HP numbers)....header is not worth the money unless you send the stocker to buschur to get ported. As for the EBC...as you know i have the E-01 but if i were to do it over i would go HKS, so much easier to tune. Headstuds will be a must when you start pushing more than 25 psi...as for cam gears....well i dont have any experiance with those
Old Nov 17, 2005, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

and if you can't decide between a flash and a EMS...look at it this way, AMS will be flashing VERY soon and i would trust them with my life and thats the way to go if you just want to set your tune and forget it. otherwise if your going to keep going with mods and don't mind fooling with your car all the time, then buy a Utec or Xede, i had a Emanage in my last car and didn't like it. SAFC is nice but you don't have direct control of timing
Old Nov 17, 2005, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can vouch for Nezs' roommate, very nice boobies and body. Yeah, I'd hit it.

Looks like my *****ing and complaining went well today. I was pulled in the office and got a quiet generous raise before my 1 year was done. Yay for me. Anyone want to help me with project regal this weekend, most likely saturday??? Nez you owe me, ummmmm Firenuts you around? I would ask bolsen but he would take the damn car apart instead of putting it back together. Moss and r3z could make a friggin website about it- thats good I like documentation.

Anyone going to blow bambi away this weekend. I have 1 tag as of right now. Something WILL die on sunday, if it isn't a deer a squirrel will do. Look out everyone I will be armed this weekend. Yay!
Old Nov 17, 2005, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Lol, I'll make the site for rights to nez's roomate
Old Nov 17, 2005, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by r3z0nate
Lol, I'll make the site for rights to nez's roomate

Yeah sure I'll go along with it.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 05:58 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Nez136
hmm, can't seem to find a pic, but i found a bunch of pix of girls that work for me, worked for me, and girls that tan at my place...they're on milwaukeenights.com!
Post the halloween pic.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 06:02 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by dryad001
ummmmm Firenuts you around?

Got plans for the weekend already, sorry. Next weekend is pretty open though.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fireball
Post the halloween pic.
i only have it on my phone....

Mike i did a couple loggin runs last nigt...holly **** man, after adding more fuel my injectors are at 98.2%....not good.....so next mod is 780's. anyways like i said before, i love cams, my car is a fu<kin blur driving by.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Nez136
i only have it on my phone....

Mike i did a couple loggin runs last nigt...holly **** man, after adding more fuel my injectors are at 98.2%....not good.....so next mod is 780's. anyways like i said before, i love cams, my car is a fu<kin blur driving by.
That ain't nothing, wuss. After I put the 16g on the GSX my duty cycle was at 101%
Old Nov 18, 2005, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ItsFast
That ain't nothing, wuss. After I put the 16g on the GSX my duty cycle was at 101%
get fu<ked ***
Old Nov 18, 2005, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

how many degrees of timing do you push on the GSX?
Old Nov 18, 2005, 09:54 AM

Its around 20 degrees.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Man, I got out of the bank today after depositing my check and two guys wanted to sell me a set of IR(brand name, not ifra red) speakers. I've never heard of them before but they claimed they were worth $4400...

They were working on an install from a company in IL and they didn't want to bring them back because someone else would have taken them home instead...sorry.. I think I'll keep my $800

Last edited by r3z0nate; Nov 18, 2005 at 01:18 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2005, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Oh man you skipped that deal?!?

I hate those guys!! That happened to me at an ATM once too. Hey man, you want to buy some *name a brand you've never heard of* stereo equipment? It's worth a fortune but I don't want to take them home.

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners