Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2008, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
FWIW dispite where I put the blame for the situation I am disappointed that Brett has left, would have liked to have seen him playing for the Packers again this year.

I do however still think that the best solution was reached given the circumstances.

My last point will be to say that the only good thing that has come out of this is that Aaron Rodgers has proven himself to be a good man and a pro off the field. We'll see how he does on the field.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 02:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a different take....I was sick of Favre. I would have been glad to see him try another year, but the will he won't he retire **** was really getting old. He is at the end of his career. He has not been good in the playoffs for years. Last year was as close as they have been and and close as I think they ever would have been to the superbowl with Favre. It was an awesome year...but it ended like so many...Favre pick. After that last pick, I was hoping it was his last game. A very wise man said it best " you live by the Favre you die by the Favre".

I won't even go into how my opinion of him has slipped. But going on tv (greta) was a bish move.

I personally am ready to try someone else. Will Rodgers be good? I don't know and we'll soon find out. I think he is screwed. The Favre fans are going to eat him alive as soon as he looks human. I am hoping he will win more than he loses and throw more touchdowns than picks, we shall see.

I won't bore you with my Packer fan resume, but, I liked Favre, but I love the Packers.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

anyone see today's press meeting? Anyone else get the feeling he's not happy about leaving? I got the impression that being a QB in GB is his passion and being a QB anywhere else is a job.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 07:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LAo_pRiNCe
I am not a man anymore, or ever was. I only had a 1/4 of the bun left to eat and couldn't get it down in time. Got pissed and ate a friends date's food, lol. It was at the Painted Parrot on 81 National.

It's time for a new champ, lol. Name the time and day, and I'll be there Chris!!! lol
a new champ huh?? a burger and some fries is child's play young grasshopper.

10 eggs, 8 pancakes, 1 pound of hash browns, 3 bacon, 3 sausage, 1 slice of ham, and 2 slices of texas toast........if memory serves, only a few of the world's driest pancakes remained on my plate. don't let my girlish figure fool you, the belt isn't going anywhere

Old Aug 7, 2008, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

yea that was crazy
Old Aug 7, 2008, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mack4477
a new champ huh?? a burger and some fries is child's play young grasshopper.

10 eggs, 8 pancakes, 1 pound of hash browns, 3 bacon, 3 sausage, 1 slice of ham, and 2 slices of texas toast........if memory serves, only a few of the world's driest pancakes remained on my plate. don't let my girlish figure fool you, the belt isn't going anywhere

Where is this place?!
Old Aug 7, 2008, 09:21 PM

Im with you Ryan 110%, i guess we are just different than the rest. As i grew up (even though im a little younger than you) watching him game after game, and went to a TON of games as i was growing up. My Dad was very lucky to have the jobs he has had to have season tickets (both Greenbay and Milwaukee)

Anyways, I dont care what BS he pulled he is still incredible on the Field. Rodgers, ya maybe he will do ok, but we would of seen signs of "magic" already from him if he had it.

Like nez said its going to take a LONG time before we are dominat again like we once were. Look at teams like the Bears, Miami, Denver, Lions, ect ect ect this list could go on all day. Every team has great players but without a Great QB you don't have anything.

Yes, an outstanding DEF. can take you deep into the playoffs but sooner or later your going to need a QB that when needed can be that Star. I honestly dont think Rodgers has that.

Honestly even with Favre possibly only playing one more season or two, they should of traded Rodgers a$$. Favre gave this team a chance, a chance every year he plays, no matter how old he is.

It saddens me that his beloved fans would possibly turn on him, no matter what. Like Nez said that too me seems like Bandwagon jumpers. Not that im calling anyone that, just throwing that out there.

He was "our" General, Knight in Shineing Armor, Leader of the team, The Go-To guy when things were shakey, Commander, ect ect

Without a guy like that in a huddle, you have a mess. And right now i think somewhere down the road of this season we will all see that! I'll never NOT love Favre and the packers but its going to take a Miracle Draft pick or 1 helluva trade to give us another QB to run this team.
Old Aug 7, 2008, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, mack tore the **** out of that food. Honnie did very well too.

It was at Johnny V's? somewhere on National if I remember right.

The pancakes are the restaurant's secret weapon...they do suck that bad
Old Aug 7, 2008, 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

Honnie is Back in Town???
Old Aug 8, 2008, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by newimportowner
Honnie is Back in Town???
Yup. He came out to autocross on Sunday.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Morning fochers!
Old Aug 8, 2008, 08:18 AM

That just looks like my regular breakfast. lol

We'll settle this one day.
Old Aug 8, 2008, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Not to get off topic here but I'm going to change my boost contol config from the one port to the two port and see if that helps the surging. I'm not certain why it was installed as the single port config.

Old Aug 8, 2008, 12:28 PM

Wow, no posts all day?
Old Aug 8, 2008, 12:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess not

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners