Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2008, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by voodooutt
hey guys wtf is up...... i wanna see if in the next 2 weekends some of you would like to come down to my new place for a grill out and stuff?

Id say that sounds like a plan.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So we have to deal with another mod? Great.

J/K

We should get Firecrotch to come down. Whats really scary is they are both named Brian or Bryan
Old Aug 20, 2008, 05:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dryad001
So Im thinking of doing something out of the ordinary with my build. Ive always wondered what the Ikeya shifter would be like? For those of you out of the loop:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ighlight=ikeya

Im trying to stay a bit original during my build and I think this fits the bill. So far my money looks good since Ive been finding some killer deals lately so buying this is still under my budget.

Interesting

Morning fochers!
Old Aug 20, 2008, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by compscibOi
WSUS and lab testing is your friend.

We have wsus and labs... just a few prod machines that didn't want to shut down and a few oversights by the dbas
Old Aug 20, 2008, 07:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by dryad001
So Im thinking of doing something out of the ordinary with my build. Ive always wondered what the Ikeya shifter would be like? For those of you out of the loop:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ighlight=ikeya

Im trying to stay a bit original during my build and I think this fits the bill. So far my money looks good since Ive been finding some killer deals lately so buying this is still under my budget.
This thing seems kinda gimmicky to me. I don't see how it will improve anything since you still need to do everything you needed to to before to shift, just the motion of the shifter has changed.

It looks cool, and it will appear that you have a sequential transmission, but I don't think this will improve performance in anyway.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

Wings tonight?
Old Aug 20, 2008, 07:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The more I think about that shifter the more I think it's a bad idea. Unless I'm missing something obvious.

With a regular shifter - since the shift cables are attached to the shifter that is free to 'float' around its pivot and is not bolted to the chassis there are no alignment issues. The transmission determines the location of the knob relative to the chassis for each gear. This location could and probably will be slightly different from car to car, and even from cruising, to braking hard, to accelerating hard, to turning hard.

With this shifter the cables are attached to a drum which is bolted down onto the chassis. This makes the location of each gear fixed relative to the chassis, the location will never change with relation to the chassis so 'must' change with relation to the transmission as it moves around.

So using this shifter would at best be similar to driving around putting pressure on the shift knob as you go around bends, accelerate or brake.

At worst (if the alignment isn't very precise) it would be like driving around with pressure on the shift knob all the time.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

ooops http://strydehax.blogspot.com/
Old Aug 20, 2008, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

So, since we're posting up fun stuff, a couple of the guys are gonna help with some landscaping this weekend. anyone else wanna join in the fun ? food and beer provided!
Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:26 AM

Yes, will work for food.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Corvette ZR1 - http://www.popularmechanics.com/auto...s/4278606.html

Part of the floor board has balsa wood in it
Old Aug 20, 2008, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by the-moss
The more I think about that shifter the more I think it's a bad idea. Unless I'm missing something obvious.

With a regular shifter - since the shift cables are attached to the shifter that is free to 'float' around its pivot and is not bolted to the chassis there are no alignment issues. The transmission determines the location of the knob relative to the chassis for each gear. This location could and probably will be slightly different from car to car, and even from cruising, to braking hard, to accelerating hard, to turning hard.

With this shifter the cables are attached to a drum which is bolted down onto the chassis. This makes the location of each gear fixed relative to the chassis, the location will never change with relation to the chassis so 'must' change with relation to the transmission as it moves around.

So using this shifter would at best be similar to driving around putting pressure on the shift knob as you go around bends, accelerate or brake.

At worst (if the alignment isn't very precise) it would be like driving around with pressure on the shift knob all the time.
I know what your saying but the shifter cable mount is far enough forward of the shifter box that I think there is still going to be some slop in there. Id like to see how their cam and drum design works, I just cant figure it out trying to visualize.

Ive been reading up on it and the initial set-up can be a bit tricky but from what people say it works very well.

The only reason I am debating about it is for 3 reasons. First is my shifter is so tight it gets hard to rip through the gears. IDK if something is binding anywhere or whatnot. Secondly is its a more precise shift, I havent heard of too many missed shifts with using this. Third, its out of the ordinary. I like to try new things. Although it wont create anymore performance what I think it will do is be more consistent.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

So I am just coming to realize I will need som Preventive maintenance coming up soon. How hard is it to do the timining belt? should I go with a stocker, or are there better alternatives? Who in here can I solicite to help, and what will it cost me? I am at 53K now, but within the next two months for sure. Wow that means almost 100K miles in evo over the last 2 years or so. Loved every minute of it too.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

I have a list of just what you need for the timing belt, your on your own for the balance belt stuff
Old Aug 20, 2008, 01:40 PM
Evolved Member

Here ya go Bill

http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/catalog/?section=586

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners