Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2005, 03:58 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by itrsport.com
Looking good Brian! Did you take those pictures today? Got the snow tires on the trusty Type R for now.
Took them Friday night... was a lot of fun.

I thought your Type R never saw snow?
Old Nov 26, 2005, 03:59 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by r3z0nate
Theres Amish people in wisconsin?

Sorry about the car...whats the damage. Makes me think twice about getting those kumho's but I don't know how any tires would have held up in this snow.
Kumho's are horrible snow tires. Hence the reason I don't recommend them to anyone.
Old Nov 26, 2005, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I just got them... They are not as bad as you guys are making out, but they are no where near as good as the continentals.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by Fireball
Took them Friday night... was a lot of fun.

I thought your Type R never saw snow?
It's been my daily driver since Feb of 2000! Seen lots of snow but fortunately not tons of salt since I was down in IN for several years. What made you think otherwise – the lustrous paint on a 6 year old vehicle?
Old Nov 27, 2005, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

Saw a 2006 Apex Silver IX MR with gunmetal MB Motorsport rims and Renner badges at Flanners on Bluemound today at around 11-12 o'clock. Just wondering who it was
Old Nov 27, 2005, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Of course there are amish people in WI, i see about 30 a year up near my families lakehouse in Wautoma. At the local food stores they have "horse parking only" spots for the horses and buggys, pretty crazy.

About the gramlights, i have the 57s in gold and love them. The picture you posted of the "bronze" almost looks identical to my golds with a week or two of brake dust on em. The gold is lighter and almost metallic looking when clean, and when there is brake dust, they do not look "dirty", but rather a darker tone, which is a positive.
The picture of both the bronze and the gold on rays site is VERY misleading. WHEN COMPLETELY CLEAN, the bronze is much darker, almost a looks like a very dark worn penny; while the gold looks SIMILAR to the color of the stock gold STI wheels. The gold is more of the import "bronze" or a bronze-gold combination. I have some pictures of them, but they are too big, anyone want to host them for me?

Last edited by RED DEMON; Nov 27, 2005 at 05:31 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

I can host them if you would like me to
Old Nov 27, 2005, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Silk
Saw a 2006 Apex Silver IX MR with gunmetal MB Motorsport rims and Renner badges at Flanners on Bluemound today at around 11-12 o'clock. Just wondering who it was

Me too, I need a new TV....
Old Nov 27, 2005, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

See I keep getting mixed reviews about those all season tires for snow...some say the goodyears are terrible but they weren't slipping at all during the couple storms we had...

I want better all season tires, or possible snow tires but that seems extreme with the off days of snow and the amount of wear they take on. Tire rack has Pirelli
PZero Nero M&S and Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S as other A/S tires for the stock ralliart tire sizes but not much else. I guess I could buy different rims but its not something I really wanted to do.

Any other recommendations for 205/50/16?

Kumho's are horrible snow tires. Hence the reason I don't recommend them to anyone.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally a vacation is coming my way. Im taking a 2 week driving trip to florida and back to visit my dad in Ft. Meyers, and a friend in orlando. Dec 21-Jan 3 then back to work on the 4th. Tight schedule but I can do it. Should be almost a 3000 mile trip. Oh did I forget to say Im taking the evo? Hopefully if the weather is nice in NC at the time I just want to drive on "The Dragon" not whip around it, just one of those things I can mark off in my things I want to do.

I figure I'll take the evo and take a semi-US state tour. Something I've wanted to do for a while. Plus the way airfare is lately and I hate airports anyways, might be a nice change of things. I cant wait to hit some small hick town fueling up, might be a good laugh. And the best part of it I will be going thru Nashville, if you were never there I highly suggest going. Another bonus is getting the car tuned for winter and summer conditions all in 2 weeks.

My front door to my dads front door is 1393.19 miles. One way
Old Nov 27, 2005, 09:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dryad001
Finally a vacation is coming my way. Im taking a 2 week driving trip to florida and back to visit my dad in Ft. Meyers, and a friend in orlando. Dec 21-Jan 3 then back to work on the 4th. Tight schedule but I can do it. Should be almost a 3000 mile trip. Oh did I forget to say Im taking the evo? Hopefully if the weather is nice in NC at the time I just want to drive on "The Dragon" not whip around it, just one of those things I can mark off in my things I want to do.

I figure I'll take the evo and take a semi-US state tour. Something I've wanted to do for a while. Plus the way airfare is lately and I hate airports anyways, might be a nice change of things. I cant wait to hit some small hick town fueling up, might be a good laugh. And the best part of it I will be going thru Nashville, if you were never there I highly suggest going. Another bonus is getting the car tuned for winter and summer conditions all in 2 weeks.

My front door to my dads front door is 1393.19 miles. One way
Holy crap. That sounds like a lot of fun actually. Have a good time.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 09:24 PM
Evolved Member

I recommend the tranny change, and yes, I also suggest bring your own fluid. I think for both it's an hour and half labor, which is like $120-ish?

It's something that should be done around 30 and I wouldn't recommend trying to do your own driveline fluids... it's time consuming and you don't want to mess that up.
Yeah, I think I paid that and I didn't bring my own fluid. I thought I was told that Renner could only sell the diff fluid by the gallon and I only needed like a quart or something.

Either way, I had Renner do my fluids and they did it perfect...obviously I did bring my own oil though for the engine.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by laakness
Holy crap. That sounds like a lot of fun actually. Have a good time.

Oh I will, I have a few things going on the car down there. New cams (264/272 will be up for sale), need the ecu flashed...again before I go or it will be done by Jester in orlando, few "other" goodies. Darn methanol made me do it this time, Im talking with a shop that will hopefully build me a custom set-up, will see if he hooks it up for me.
Old Nov 27, 2005, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dryad001
Oh I will, I have a few things going on the car down there. New cams (264/272 will be up for sale), need the ecu flashed...again before I go or it will be done by Jester in orlando, few "other" goodies. Darn methanol made me do it this time, Im talking with a shop that will hopefully build me a custom set-up, will see if he hooks it up for me.
That sounds bad ***. Couple birds with one stone on this trip
Old Nov 28, 2005, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Silk

That was me. I work there. I just got those wheels and some new Michilen Alpin Pilot winter tires. Those rims were like 120 ea. Pretty good deal I thought. They are for winter and do not care how heavy they are.

Pete

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners