Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2009, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no snow

Originally Posted by laakness
don't get your e-penor all in a twist. I know how skinny tires work in snow.
ice :d
Old Jan 26, 2009, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Is there no life in this room anymore or am im just typing to a brick wall all the time?
Old Jan 26, 2009, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

No life.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Too many rules came in. We weren't allowed to talk about cars, politics, guns, the weather in florida or any of that stuff anymore.

It seems everytime someone said something interesting someone else complained that they shouldn't do that in this thread. At least that's my opinion on why this thread has died.

What we need is a good fight.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont post since I dont have anything interesting to say. My life is pretty boring for the moment. Plus everyone is still in the Caribbean if Im not mistaken
Old Jan 26, 2009, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by the-moss

What we need is a good fight.

If that is what you really believe then...

Why not poor some more gas on the almost burnt out fire...

OBAMA SUCKS ***!

Old Jan 26, 2009, 02:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
A little general but here's something somewhat car related and has the potential to cause a fight.

Obama today required the EPA to reconsider California's application to set more stringent emmissions and efficiency standards than required by federal law. If the EPA reconsiders and does allow California to set its own standards then that really opens the door to every state setting their own emissions standards.

The sides of the argument I have seen are:
- This potentially causes massive problems for the auto makers because now they have to adhere to up to 50 different emissions standards depending on the state the car is sold in. Not something an industry in trouble really wants to deal with.

- On the other hand the automakers are already experienced with dealing with this since many models of cars and trucks are sold in many different countries, all with potentially different emissions standards.
- It is highly unlikely that EVERY state, or even most states will come up with their own set of rules. More likely a couple will invent some standards and other states will choose to adopt those standards or not.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

Im suprised that a lot of states can still afford emissions testing. I've heard MKE county has been on the outs for a while since its been costing an average of 5 million a year and the return is only 2 million. That is only a rumor i heard though.

I bet most states would just have a certain set of rules. Im not sure on what to say about cali, i know Ink said its smoggy as **** there. For the time being my evo will just stay registered up north
Old Jan 26, 2009, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Nez136
Im suprised that a lot of states can still afford emissions testing. I've heard MKE county has been on the outs for a while since its been costing an average of 5 million a year and the return is only 2 million. That is only a rumor i heard though.

I bet most states would just have a certain set of rules. Im not sure on what to say about cali, i know Ink said its smoggy as **** there. For the time being my evo will just stay registered up north

Most other states CHARGE for emission testing. California let independant shops do the testing ( Anywhere from $35-$75 dollars) ( Unlike WI that just has the testing stations to create worthless govt jobs) Emission testing is a joke...I live in Ca for a while and most car guys could pass the testing and settheir stuff up however they wanted anyway. And to get caught...you have to draw attention to yourself....it is all about the "stealth" look out there. Some of the most powerful and fastest cars look close to stock out there....

In CA the hot dry area and huge population make the smog horrible ( SoCal is the WORST) The hippies out there are killing the state with all of the feel good environmental crap.

I am all for clean air and water, but if you are going to strangle the economy and kill jobs with all of your hippie BS, at least try to insure that the measures you dream up make some measurable difference.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think the thread died since I got a job and can't post all day long

Edit: since I got a job that I actually work at all day
Old Jan 26, 2009, 09:54 PM
Evolving Member

LOL I stopped posting after I received 15 points for saying the R word!
Old Jan 27, 2009, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gbpkr21
Most other states CHARGE for emission testing. California let independant shops do the testing ( Anywhere from $35-$75 dollars) ( Unlike WI that just has the testing stations to create worthless govt jobs) Emission testing is a joke...I live in Ca for a while and most car guys could pass the testing and settheir stuff up however they wanted anyway. And to get caught...you have to draw attention to yourself....it is all about the "stealth" look out there. Some of the most powerful and fastest cars look close to stock out there....

In CA the hot dry area and huge population make the smog horrible ( SoCal is the WORST) The hippies out there are killing the state with all of the feel good environmental crap.

I am all for clean air and water, but if you are going to strangle the economy and kill jobs with all of your hippie BS, at least try to insure that the measures you dream up make some measurable difference.
That makes sense then.

Hippies suck too.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Does anyone else's phone have problems loading this webpage in mobile form? I use to just fine until about a month ago now it always trys to load the full page.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Nez136
Does anyone else's phone have problems loading this webpage in mobile form? I use to just fine until about a month ago now it always trys to load the full page.
Get an iPhone and be cool.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

ghey

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners