Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2009, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fcheng118
Honni, I got them floor mats from Alex for you.
That's awesome, thanks guys! I'm still in st.louie
Old May 20, 2009, 05:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nez136
I bet you havent banged a girl in the back of a 1996 toyota 2.2l camry either
its cool, you can barrow it if you like
I did a girl in the back of a 97 Eclipse GS-T......not a lot of room back there folks!
Old May 20, 2009, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

I did a girl in the back of my 1996 Impala SS, but there are Shiat tons of room back there, I thought I was in my own bed.
Old May 20, 2009, 06:51 AM

Well I did a girl in my bed, there's plenty of space there hahahaa
Old May 20, 2009, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

I like how this convo took off!

Well anyways, interesting thing happend lastnight, blew one of the EGR hoses of the throttle body, needless to say the car didn't boost right after but luckily for the AEM, any pipes blow off or boost leaks pop up the car still runs decent.
I dont think the AEM uses the EGR so I might just take the hoses off and cap the ports.

Has this happend to anyone else ever?
Old May 20, 2009, 07:39 AM

Well anyways, interesting thing happend lastnight, blew one of the EGR hoses of the throttle body, needless to say the car didn't boost right after but luckily for the AEM, any pipes blow off or boost leaks pop up the car still runs decent.
I dont think the AEM uses the EGR so I might just take the hoses off and cap the ports.

Might as well rip out the valves too and save some weight.
There's two solenoids, a valve, a solenoid valve, and the eveporative emission canister. I think that canister actually might be a bit beefy. Plus there's all the hoses and crap.

Check to see if the AEM runs the evaporative emission system or the exhaust gas recirculation system. If not, rip them out. I'll help - I'm curious to learn more about those systems and where all the components are.
Old May 20, 2009, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

well ill probably being doing that for sure when I install the intake manifold.
Old May 20, 2009, 08:28 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by fcheng118
Fireball, is your car running yet? Should bring to miller park this weekend, we need more evos out there. Subies are outnumbering us
Speaking of this topic... is there any reason my car would not fit into SM?

I think there's some prepared class above that... just making sure that I wouldn't fall into there.

Still on street tires, but have some big spacers, full coilovers, and will most likely be gutted besides the stuff you probably already know.
Old May 20, 2009, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Gutting it will take you out of SM.

For SM you are pretty much allowed to bolt on whatever you want, but you need a full interior (can remove back seat) and can't really make any chassis modifications.
Old May 20, 2009, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

I dont think the AEM uses any of the emissions crap. All of the iwres are for whatever I/O you want to do with them. Take for instance a 2nd fuel pump.

Back on topic. Banged a woman in a 93 TA, 93 300zx (very tight fit, almost no room) 99GP, 83 Lesabre, 61 Olds 94 (plenty of room) 79 Blazer. Pretty much every car Ive ever owned except the Evo.

Last edited by dryad001; May 20, 2009 at 08:53 AM.
Old May 20, 2009, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MidniteEco
Might as well rip out the valves too and save some weight.
There's two solenoids, a valve, a solenoid valve, and the eveporative emission canister. I think that canister actually might be a bit beefy. Plus there's all the hoses and crap.

Check to see if the AEM runs the evaporative emission system or the exhaust gas recirculation system. If not, rip them out. I'll help - I'm curious to learn more about those systems and where all the components are.
All of the evap stuff on my car is out. A lot of it is by the rear bumper on both sides of the spare wheel bump.
Old May 20, 2009, 09:10 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by the-moss
Gutting it will take you out of SM.

For SM you are pretty much allowed to bolt on whatever you want, but you need a full interior (can remove back seat) and can't really make any chassis modifications.
By my terms in gutting... I mean pulling the back seats out, pulling the carpet out, all sound systems (speakers), airbags, and the sound deading material.

Does that classify SCCA "gutting"?
Old May 20, 2009, 09:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
SM needs a car with a full interior, minus the rear seat and mounting hardware for the rear seat. You are allowed to remove the stereo. You are not allowed to remove airbags, carpet, or sound deadening material. If you remove the stereo you must cover the resulting holes.

Going through the rulebook quickly again I think your transmission is fine.

Your wheel spacers are fine since they are really just an effective offset change and you can run whichever wheels you want.

The only other thing I think that might get you is fuel. I'm pretty sure a street mod car must run on pump gas.
Old May 20, 2009, 09:28 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by the-moss
SM needs a car with a full interior, minus the rear seat and mounting hardware for the rear seat. You are allowed to remove the stereo. You are not allowed to remove airbags, carpet, or sound deadening material. If you remove the stereo you must cover the resulting holes.

Going through the rulebook quickly again I think your transmission is fine.

Your wheel spacers are fine since they are really just an effective offset change and you can run whichever wheels you want.

The only other thing I think that might get you is fuel. I'm pretty sure a street mod car must run on pump gas.
I do run pump gas.

However, I have a detachable steering wheel which means definitely no drivers side airbag. Would that do it right there?

Since this will throw me out of SM... where do I land?
Old May 20, 2009, 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Fireball
I do run pump gas.

However, I have a detachable steering wheel which means definitely no drivers side airbag. Would that do it right there?

Since this will throw me out of SM... where do I land?
Do you still have the other Evo? If so, just run that one in a street tire class.

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners