Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2005, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...890873,00.html

Talk about super-car. WOW.

Plus, its AWD turbo
Old Dec 16, 2005, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ItsFast
http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/art...890873,00.html

Talk about super-car. WOW.

Plus, its AWD turbo
I saw a video on that car yesterday...great car.....but i want my '91 F40
Old Dec 16, 2005, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Nez136
I saw a video on that car yesterday...great car.....but i want my '91 F40
Fine, when I get that one I'll race ya. From 0-250!
Old Dec 16, 2005, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

http://www.break.com/articles/tubingtakeoff.html?t=4438 this is funny

Here is the Bugatti video...not that great though(the video i mean)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3720&q=bugatti
Old Dec 16, 2005, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Old Dec 16, 2005, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Old Dec 16, 2005, 10:04 AM
Evolved Member

Mike i found your best friend!!

Old Dec 16, 2005, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Seems like awful much to get that car to 1000hp, maybe they should have contacted AMS

16C, 7 radiators and 4 turbos...Is that to keep the accelleration up or what.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

I live off of 48th street and work about 5mins from there..off 64th and mill. Thats pretty crazy, I saw an evo driving around here acouple times but didnt figure it was someone on here

Originally Posted by RED DEMON
Harry Kaufmann? I work for him on 5744 West Good Hope! Actually saw Nez as i pulled out of work about a month ago. Harry has some nice cars in the dealership, mainly high end because wholesaling is his main business (100-200 cars a MONTH) and he sells the high end and high demand cars at the dealership. He juts left tuesday to go down to Florida for his yearly "car buying spree" in which he buys anywhere from 30-50 cars while down there.
How do you know Harry? He is also a very good family friend of ours and lives within a mile of my parents. Did you know him prior to the lil "run-in"? Hes a nice guy, comes across as a bit gruff to many people and is very set in his ways. I have been workin at his dealer since i was about 15, . I started filling in as the receptionist while his son and daughter (who worked there) were skiing during winter. Now ive been there for almost 5 years and still chuggin away, althought my job description is so general, i dont believe Harry could even GIVE my job a description.
I remember when i got my EVO, i had him look all over (during the time evos were at a high demand and overpriced ) and he got frustrated a hell that he couldnt find it. I go it else-where, and about a month after i got mine, i roll into the dealer and see my IDENTICAL car. 03 RR sunroof and large wing, EXACT car as mine (with some mods and miles). I think he bought it just to say "see i can find anything"
Old Dec 16, 2005, 11:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
1 - Of all the people in the world that can fork out the kind of cash it would take to buy one of those things, how many of them do you think want a tempremental, noisy car that is probably not very driveable on the street.

2 - It has to be noise and emmissions legal.

3 - It's the same with other manufacturers, take the Ford GT - They went with a supercharged V8 to get 500hp (I don't know if it actually is 500hp, but I know it's right around there). If you want horsepower and have some spare cash there are a host of shops around the country that would slap together a 500hp evo for you.

4 - I wonder what the potential of that engine is. If most would agree that it's not that difficult to double the output of the Evo, imagine the possibilities.... Unfortunately most would agree that the 4G63 is a particularly mod friendly engine.

Last edited by the-moss; Dec 16, 2005 at 11:27 AM. Reason: Counting to 4 is difficult
Old Dec 16, 2005, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Moss- was that you on Sunnyslope earlier? Looked like you driving.

I have a serious thread in OT about a family that needs help locally, anyone want to make a day of it?

4 days 12 hours 12 minutes
Old Dec 16, 2005, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Amazingly they were all sold immediately when they went up for sale. I was really just trying to state from an engine standpoint a 4banger that can put out 825whp is more impressive than a 16c that puts out 1000.

From that article it almost sounds as if the engine is at its potential, doesn't it, or you would have to maybe get the engineers that built the car to work on it(probibly not a big deal if you can buy one)? I didn't see the fully legal emmisions part, thats pretty damn impressive.

I got a chance to talk to the rep at the auto show about the ford gt, we were talking about how little he thought they would sell...it comes down to who would buy it @ $125,000. If I had that much I wouldn't buy a ford gt, thats for sure.

Still a sick car, I'd drive it

Originally Posted by the-moss
1 - Of all the people in the world that can fork out the kind of cash it would take to buy one of those things, how many of them do you think want a tempremental, noisy car that is probably not very driveable on the street.

2 - It has to be noise and emmissions legal.

3 - It's the same with other manufacturers, take the Ford GT - They went with a supercharged V8 to get 500hp (I don't know if it actually is 500hp, but I know it's right around there). If you want horsepower and have some spare cash there are a host of shops around the country that would slap together a 500hp evo for you.

4 - I wonder what the potential of that engine is. If most would agree that it's not that difficult to double the output of the Evo, imagine the possibilities.... Unfortunately most would agree that the 4G63 is a particularly mod friendly engine.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 01:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah that was me I work on sunnyslope for 1 more week. That's the first time I've been 'spotted' in 70,000 miles. I must have the stealth Evo.

With regard to that family, it's a very sad story. I would like to help. I'm broke though and booked up until after New Year. I saw that they need some work done on their astro van. Do you know what needs to be done on it? I would be willing to help with that in the evenings after I get back from my trip on the 8th.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by the-moss
Yeah that was me I work on sunnyslope for 1 more week. That's the first time I've been 'spotted' in 70,000 miles. I must have the stealth Evo.

With regard to that family, it's a very sad story. I would like to help. I'm broke though and booked up until after New Year. I saw that they need some work done on their astro van. Do you know what needs to be done on it? I would be willing to help with that in the evenings after I get back from my trip on the 8th.

I sent them my contact info and the willingness to help them out. I also stated that I wouldn't be able to help until I get back on the 6th. The only reason I want to help is because I saw my step dad die of something similar, it's frightening to see someone in seizures and convulsions. Call it a changeof heart but it's the right thing to do in the right season of the year.

I am willing to fund the entire "fix-up" or whatever it takes.
Old Dec 16, 2005, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Who lives in the falls around here?

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners