Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2010, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I have an Injen Intake upper and and Lower Intercooler pipes on my IX. I would love to replace the Injen air filter with with a K&N, but I cannot find a part. does anyone have a good idea what to replace it with. I went to Injen's website, what a piece of crap that is. I need a 4.5 ID, 6.5 od major cone diameter, 4.5 minor cone diameter, with a cone length of 5" or less witha flange of 1" or less.

any one have any idea. I went to K&N's site, nothing, as I said Injens site is absolute shiat. but i really need a filter.
Old May 15, 2010, 12:16 AM
Evolved Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyhoB_Q4WfA

Last edited by Silk; May 15, 2010 at 12:18 AM.
Old May 15, 2010, 06:26 AM
Evolving Member

Lithe, if you want a free (kinda crappy, but functional) floor jack, let me know. It doesn't fit under my car anymore, so I have to get a racing jack...
Thanks Ryan! If you're sure you don't want it I'll take it off your hands. Is it the one I think I remember you posting about a while back? It weighs like over 100 lbs? That's fine with me, much better than my flimsy spare tire scissors jack...

Let me know when I can pick it up from you...or maybe Beth & I'll finally meet up with you guys one of these Thursday nights.
Old May 15, 2010, 08:57 AM

Nice Silk, u got yourself a 10second car
Old May 15, 2010, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lithe
Thanks Ryan! If you're sure you don't want it I'll take it off your hands. Is it the one I think I remember you posting about a while back? It weighs like over 100 lbs? That's fine with me, much better than my flimsy spare tire scissors jack...

Let me know when I can pick it up from you...or maybe Beth & I'll finally meet up with you guys one of these Thursday nights.
No this was an inexpensive jack that I picked up a long time ago because the other one was so heavy . That one is at my dad's now. If you want I can bring it Thursday, or drop it off any day on my way home from work since I drive right through there.
Old May 15, 2010, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fcheng118
Nice Silk, u got yourself a 10second car
Sweet run there, Silk. What mph? Slicks or street tires? It's great to see what the Red/E85 combo can do. Maybe someday I'll be able to do the same in the X . You're bringing it to Blackhawk, right?
Old May 15, 2010, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Probly not bringing it to blackhawk, I need some brakes....

The mph was 128 with a 1.592 60' on yokohama avs es100 street tires. Also I forgot my laptop at home and couldnt raise my rev limiter high enough and had to shift into fifth instead of reving 4th out.
Old May 15, 2010, 08:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Then what are you bringing to blackhawk?
Old May 15, 2010, 11:06 PM

1.59 in the 60??? Nice launch
Old May 16, 2010, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tractionlimit
Any recommendations for an experienced fender roller in the area? 265s were supposed to fit on the 18x9.5et22s without rubbing, but the rears are hitting on big bumps, and probably couldn't handle passengers. I think Neovas run wider than most.
Greeting everyone, I just picked up my GG IX about a month ago and having a blast with it. Can't wait to take it out to a track.

Tractionlimit: Did you find an experienced fender roller? I'm looking for one as well.
Old May 17, 2010, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by newimportowner
So I have an Injen Intake upper and and Lower Intercooler pipes on my IX. I would love to replace the Injen air filter with with a K&N, but I cannot find a part. does anyone have a good idea what to replace it with. I went to Injen's website, what a piece of crap that is. I need a 4.5 ID, 6.5 od major cone diameter, 4.5 minor cone diameter, with a cone length of 5" or less witha flange of 1" or less.

any one have any idea. I went to K&N's site, nothing, as I said Injens site is absolute shiat. but i really need a filter.
I was looking for one a while back as well and Pete had the K&N part number for it. Since you have the dimensions, he should be able to look it up again pretty easily.
Old May 17, 2010, 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Finest
If you use the side points to jack it up, how do you put the stand underneath it?

I'm not about to get under a car without proper jackstands in place.
Jack it up, put the jack stand next to the jack, lower onto the stand. Depending on the jack stand, it might bite into the pinch weld a bit, but it still holds the car just fine.
Old May 17, 2010, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Brew City Evo
Greeting everyone, I just picked up my GG IX about a month ago and having a blast with it. Can't wait to take it out to a track.

Tractionlimit: Did you find an experienced fender roller? I'm looking for one as well.
Welcome. I may have already mentioned this to you, but there's a lapping day on 5/29 at Blackhawk if you're interested. Great way to learn your new car.

I did find someone who can do the rolling, and I'm going to ask if he'll show me how to do it myself. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old May 17, 2010, 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

i'm trying to source out this clunking noise i have from the passenger front side. i recently replaced the swaybar links in the front and was hoping it would eliminate the noise, but it didn't. it got a little better but still clunks. i'm wondering if i could swap the left to the right and right to left to see if it is a strut problem. i just put on some lowering springs on and checked the shock and seemed fine to me. still has some life in it to me. and i've seen blow shocks. wondering if i could swap struts with springs to narrow problem or just swap struts. noise is real irritating. loud music drowns it out but i know it's there so no help. any input would be appreciated. thanks.
Old May 18, 2010, 06:34 AM

I'd swap the whole strut assembly. I assume the noise didn't change when you put in the lowering springs, so I wouldn't see much value in the effort of switching the springs. Also remember that when you remove the struts, you are disconnecting the camber adjustment point so it would be wise to get it re-aligned after you have the problem sorted out.

Another thing to check would be the ball joints.

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners