Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2010, 11:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
of yeah
Old Jun 10, 2010, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by fcheng118
You can't even make it out to Miller Park which is like 10 miles from your house, how the hell you gonna race????
Actually, 6.5 miles
Old Jun 10, 2010, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tek3Evo
anyone with tires that will fit 18x8 rims. I want something to burn up at shawano. either all season or performance don't care as long as they have some tread/cheap/and will fit the rims. send me a PM as I don't get on here all that often. thanks.
what about the Vredesteins???
Old Jun 10, 2010, 08:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tractionlimit
what about the Vredesteins???
Picked 'em up today!
Old Jun 11, 2010, 07:01 AM

Now we're even Tom.

Old Jun 11, 2010, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

^ Nice. I'll be just plain sad if you get a better Shawano time than me on those tires .
Old Jun 11, 2010, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

So is this the 4th or 5th Evo that's raced on those tires? It should be a Vredestein commercial. They won't die!
Old Jun 11, 2010, 08:30 AM

HAHA

It's been just us three, but now on four different evo's.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

Just did my lights today they are super easy to do, just takes alot of time. Might do other sets
Old Jun 13, 2010, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

I take out all the old glue and put in this 3m glue so seal is perfect.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 12:33 AM
Evolving Member

^nice i just did it with silicone, too lazy to pull out all the old sealant
Old Jun 15, 2010, 07:52 AM
Evolving Member

Taking out the old gunk is the way to go but man is it a pain the the butt. Id be willing to do this for some locals if anyone wants them done. I use a heat gun not the oven.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 10:34 PM

Hello fellow Wisconsinites,
I want to introduce myself and the evo and give you and idea of what I want from the car with hopes this forum can assist in troubleshooting and future modding. This is my first sports car and I would like to do all mods myself as I want to learn all about the car. I am confident I can do anything with enough research and time. My current goals are to have this car for track/street driving.
I have only done one ice race this past winter other than that I have no track experience. I do know I want to setup my car for track not drag.

I have owned my red 03 for about a year, I bought it relatively new(25k miles) from a friend of a friend.
It came with a HKS BOV(hoping to recirc)
Ohlin Coilovers(unsure what ones. The previous owner used to work for a EVO rally team in IL and got them new for free.)
HAWK pads
Ralliart 18" rims + stockers with blizzaks + another set of 15" with blizzaks(and a set of brakes that fit.)
Turbo timer
Evo 7 rear tail lights
Amber side markers

I have installed:
Buschur TBE exhaust
DNP o2 housing
Dejon MBC
Tuned by Tamer@4ws @ 24 psi
Walboro fuel pump
LICP
MIL.SPEC TB seals
Innovate 02 sensor
Tactrix cable +evoscan

Here are things I have noticed wrong with the car that I would like to fix:
The rear wheel(s) have bad hop when going over bumps at freeway speed. The rear driver side coilover has/is leaking.
The car seems to have a lot of roll while cornering
Slow speed turning, pulling in and out of parking spots, causes a pop on the front passenger side. Balljoint?
When the car is warm and I come to a stop, the RPM's dip down to 250 and then quickly pop back up to idle(1k)

I have been debating taking the coilovers out and putting the stock suspension back in and send the coilovers out to get fixed. Do you guys think this is causing the hop?
I also have a Energy suspension master bushings kit sitting here, do you guys think I should install the bushings before I go autox or wait until I have more seat time?
With my car's current condition do you think it would be safe to autox?

I tried to be thorough in this post but once again I am a noob but not completely clueless and also not scared to research, so if I am not being clear enough please let me know. I may stop by Miller park this weekend as I live a 1 mile away.. Would be nice to see how the evo is suppose to be driven.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 04:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would get a rear sway bar to try and tighen up the rear. It will also help with the slight hop that you have. Get rid of the hop is/should be your main concern, if it goes on too long you will be ordering a transfer case.

The dip in RPM can be fixed if you use a recirc BOV, the HKS one is a POS. Theres a new APS valve in the for sale section, thats probably the best you can get. Anything HKS sucks IMO.

I couldn't tell you anything about auto-x since its like watching soccer (sorry guys). If you ever want to switch to the dark side (drag racing) let me know.
Old Jun 16, 2010, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jhutterer
Hello fellow Wisconsinites,
I want to introduce myself and the evo and give you and idea of what I want from the car with hopes this forum can assist in troubleshooting and future modding. This is my first sports car and I would like to do all mods myself as I want to learn all about the car. I am confident I can do anything with enough research and time. My current goals are to have this car for track/street driving.
I have only done one ice race this past winter other than that I have no track experience. I do know I want to setup my car for track not drag.

I have owned my red 03 for about a year, I bought it relatively new(25k miles) from a friend of a friend.
Hey there. Are you wingless, and do you happen to work at/around Harley in Milwaukee? I like the 15s for the winter! 25K on an '03? damn, I did that my first year .

I can't tell you what to fix first on your car, but you should be able to get the answers you need here. I would recommend a lapping day at USAIR Shawano, WI if you want to maximize your learning and track time (four 15-minute sessions). There happens to be one this Sunday and there should be plenty of Evos there to get rides from.

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners