Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2010, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I got my AMS exhaust yesterday, but didn't get around to opening it until about an hour ago this morning. I put the car up on jack stands, crawled underneath the evo and said "hell no", crawled back out and am now looking for anyone who can install this beastly exhaust (preferably today or tomorrow). I will of course pay for all labor and time. I have all the gaskets (and purchased 2 additional just in case) and bolts that came in the box. I also bought the AMS test pipe so I will be deleting the cat converter. Downpipe is stock, but everything back from that point out is the AMS exhaust system. I know it's kinda short notice, but if anyone knows a place please let me know.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 07:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Jhutterer
Must be nice..
Seriously. All you need is a good idea, a little bit of luck, and a whole lot of hard work and determination and those cars could be yours too.

Honestly nobody can say he hasn't earned what he has.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by the-moss
Seriously. All you need is a good idea, a little bit of luck, and a whole lot of hard work and determination and those cars could be yours too.

Honestly nobody can say he hasn't earned what he has.
I agree with you. I wasn't implying anything more than I wish I had it.

I can tell you respect your boss, he must be doing something right.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by the-moss
No, he has a Murcielago now.
So when will we see it at Shawano?
Old Jul 1, 2010, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Carbon no cut frame sliders

Old Jul 1, 2010, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by dgkm81
So I got my AMS exhaust yesterday, but didn't get around to opening it until about an hour ago this morning. I put the car up on jack stands, crawled underneath the evo and said "hell no", crawled back out and am now looking for anyone who can install this beastly exhaust (preferably today or tomorrow). I will of course pay for all labor and time. I have all the gaskets (and purchased 2 additional just in case) and bolts that came in the box. I also bought the AMS test pipe so I will be deleting the cat converter. Downpipe is stock, but everything back from that point out is the AMS exhaust system. I know it's kinda short notice, but if anyone knows a place please let me know.
Unless they have changed their design you will not be able to install the test pipe and catback without the ams downpipe. Their tbe is designed w/ 3 bolt flanges.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 12:47 PM

From the product photo on their website, it looks like that's still the case. Check the cat-delete pipe you got. If there's 3-bolt flanges on both ends, you'll want to get the AMS downpipe right away too.

I've run into issues with that before, including having a new 3-bolt flange welded onto an existing aftermarket downpipe so it would fit with the AMS cat-delete and cat-back.

Last edited by MidniteEco; Jul 1, 2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Tractionlimit
So when will we see it at Shawano?
Probably the same day we see Nez's evo up there.
Old Jul 2, 2010, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The AMS exhaust is cake to install, but you will need that DP. I had their full turbo back and had it in and out many times. Fit like a glove.
Old Jul 3, 2010, 12:22 AM

Got the ams exhausr on but ran into the problem u all mentioned causei didnt get the downpipe. Kinda glad i didnt cause its almost too loud runnin on stock cat. Ill have the test pipe if i ever choose to use it in the future at least. Looks great, no shaking, andis solid
Old Jul 5, 2010, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Hope you guys had fun yesterday. I was down at the track most of the day trying to get a car in the 9s
Old Jul 6, 2010, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

what's up guys. i'm having a delimma with my evo. over the weekend it drove fine until saturday night when i started it up and noticed a very low rpm idle. now as soon as i start it up, it'll want to die unless i give it some gas and it won't. it drives fine and at wot it pulls all the way to redline. i thought it was bad gas so i put in some fuel injector cleaners and a new tank of gas and still the same. start up is still the same. it'll idle real low and die. checked plugs and all vacuum hoses and can't come up with nothing. don't know why all of a sudden it would just pms on me. wanna get some inputs before i drag it to the stealership. no cels are on either. i did have one but had it checked out and was low reading from the 2nd o2 sensor. any ideas would be appreciated. mods are drop in intake,exhaust, lower ic pipe. no tune. thanks again.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 08:03 AM

Sounds like maybe a bad front O2 sensor and it's causing the ECU to screw up air:fuel mix. It would still be okay to redline at wide-open-throttle because the ECU doesn't control based on the O2 reading during WOT.
I'd also think mass airflow sensor, but it shouldn't run well to redline with a MAF problem.
You might try a boost leak test too, before going to the dealer. Though I would expect you to notice a loss of power if you had a leak large enough to screw up idle.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

My guess is either the MAF or IAC valve on the throttle body.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 10:26 AM

Oh yea, I forgot about the IAC valve. If I remember correctly, you can read it's position with EvoSan, too.

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners