Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2010, 02:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So you think Im uptight just because I call a solicitation gay? Time to look at the big picture.

If i go out with a video camera and make some crappy DVD, set up a show and charge to get in for the release party, etc. C'mon these people cant be serious.

On top of that Import car shows usually suck around here, still never been to a good one.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 05:01 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so where does the cars meet up around Oshkosh .... im trying to bring mine up if i stay here anylonger ...
No kind of racing up here ?
Old Aug 22, 2010, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Oshkosh is in an odd part of the state, not much happens up there. Your kinda stuck between Green Bay and Milwaukee.

Like I said a few posts ago WIR is right around where you will be.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dryad001
So you think Im uptight just because I call a solicitation gay? Time to look at the big picture.

If i go out with a video camera and make some crappy DVD, set up a show and charge to get in for the release party, etc. C'mon these people cant be serious.

On top of that Import car shows usually suck around here, still never been to a good one.
If you look at the Techademic's Mischief videos, some ppl enjoy watching them and do buy them at the full price. When the guy came up with the idea, some ppl liked the idea of having MKE recognized. Chicago had their own group doing this, Houston and Dallas has they own group, why not MKE.

Car shows suck around here but that doesn't mean we can't try to make it a good one. Since this is the first show, it's going to be a little rough but if they keep doing this every year, it'll just get better and better. If you ever been to HIN, we're trying to bring that scene here into our own hometown. All it requires is the support of the locals and so far, I've been seeing a lot of support for this show.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Piro Fyre
Hate to break it to you but I think the bolt completely snapped and it's seized inside the bushing in the control arm. When you're rotating it, you're rotating the bushing too, which is why it's hard to spin it. It's happened to me and I guess it's happened to the previous owner because I see Energy Suspension bushings on one side and the other side is still stock...

You are correct the bushing is spinning, I have the energy suspension bushings, but how do I get this busing out? What/where do I cut, what do I heat?
Old Aug 23, 2010, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jhutterer
You are correct the bushing is spinning, I have the energy suspension bushings, but how do I get this busing out? What/where do I cut, what do I heat?
TBH, IDK. Been trying to figure out how I can get it out and tried to find out where I can heat it without melting the bushing itself. I'm stumped on this one. Never managed to get the bolt out and never got to install the Energy suspension one the other side.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Why not just hack saw the head of the bolt off, thats what I would do.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Piro Fyre
TBH, IDK. Been trying to figure out how I can get it out and tried to find out where I can heat it without melting the bushing itself. I'm stumped on this one. Never managed to get the bolt out and never got to install the Energy suspension one the other side.
Well I figured the bushing was being replaced anyway so I burnt it out so I could put heat directly on the sleeve to try and break it loose from the bolt, nothing.

Originally Posted by dryad001
Why not just hack saw the head of the bolt off, thats what I would do.
The bolt I believe is fused to the sleeve so cutting the head off would give me nothing. Unless I am thinking wrong.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Jhutterer
Can anyone give me some tips on how to get the lower front control arms off? I have all bolts removed except one, its the one that attached to the front sub-frame. What really chaps my *** is that the bolt is spinning but it isn't coming out. I am stuck and can't seem to find any pointers. THis bolt seems to be just as hard to remove on the passenger side as well. Any pointers would be much appreciated!
If it is the bolt connected to the strut, the single and most outward bolt, then after loosening the bolt you will need a block of wood and hammer it out.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by LAo_pRiNCe
If it is the bolt connected to the strut, the single and most outward bolt, then after loosening the bolt you will need a block of wood and hammer it out.
Its the bolt connected to the subframe.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

I got my new buschur race FMIC so now im rolling again. Im finnally gettin tuned next week too. Hope your guys are ready for a striped down street machine. Just dont bump into me i have no crash beams and my car will go smoosh.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 08:28 AM

Subframe bolts, I've never had an issue with those. But my suggestion would be to use a block of wood and hammer it out and possibly heat it too if it doesn't budge. Probably is rusted if you driven in rain and/or winter.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2010/08...aught-on-tape/

wow
Old Aug 24, 2010, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

^^^ Old news already. Sorry bud.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 10:58 AM

Are you talking about the front bolt (the horizontal one) or the back bolt (the vertical one)?

And did it actually unscrew from the threads and get stuck in the bushing, or did it break off, leaving part of the bolt still in the threads?

Last edited by MidniteEco; Aug 24, 2010 at 11:04 AM.

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners