Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2006, 06:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by the-moss
Nice, I really like those wheels, you just painted the stockers right?. Who's is the BBY Evo that was parked next to you? Anyone on here? It had the silver UK badge and red tail lights.
Yeah, just the stock wheels that i repainted. I have a set of SSR comps that i am also in the process of refinishing as well that i use for summer wheels. The BBY evo is another guy that works with me. Pretty much stock. Its got a clutch and flywheel, basic reflash, and some springs. I think he comes on here every now and again
Old Jan 11, 2006, 07:15 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by MikeMAN
haha cool, which feller were ya?/

mike
The non-dorky looking one. That one was Tom.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fireball
The non-dorky looking one. That one was Tom.
That could be argued Fireball
Old Jan 11, 2006, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Wow, i saw a red evo last night when i was coming from Mayfair mall.
i jumped on the high-way to head to the east side and then i see this car weaving traffic to catch up to me (i wasn't speeding), wait i can tell those lights anywhere! so he pulls up next to me and then i wave, he takes off and then was slowed down by traffic, i pull up next to him and wave again at him....just stairs me down like Pual Walker ready hit the NOS. I just wish we could all get along

FWIW, if the person is on this forum and really want's a race, pm me
Old Jan 11, 2006, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Thats one thing I thought, even with a 12-cell a notebook with a 17" widescreen, dual hdds and dual optical drives, and a desktop cpu would just be insane to get.

It is a tempting setup if you can be plugged in but the minute your mobile forget about.

I do need HDD space for music for final scratch(dj program) on the fastest type of drive possible with a pretty fast cpu and enough ram, the geforce 6800 or quadro video is probibly an over kill for web-dev and occasional gaming.

I never looked at IBM, I haven't really seen any notebook they offer or even considered them. I refuse to buy dell...I just don't like them for some reason although my cousin has one and it seemed to be pretty good. I got a friend a gateway this past year and he loves it, plus the 10% discount for me is tempting. Those toshiba Qosmio look pretty sweet but my dad says they always have problems with toshiba at work.

The 3 year warranty is pretty key huh, do you mean the absolute protect, where you can drop it and spill **** on it and they will fix it? Are AMD mobile cpus up to par yet? Not alot of companys use them. Is there a company that builds your own from the case up, without software?

Originally Posted by bolsen
Yea... I'm going to have to disagree with you there. A laptop isn't a desktop. No offense intended, but allienware doesn't know how to make a laptop. Err, let me rephrase that. Allienware makes laptops for people who don't really "use" a laptop as it's intended. I was on a flight home from LA once, I had my IBM out working away on the tray and all of a sudden the guy next to me pulls out his allienware laptop. It just fit in the width of the seat and it looked reallll puurty. I asked him what the battery life was, he said he carries two batteries for about 2 hours of useage. I kinda laughed to myself knowing that my standard battery gave me about 3 hours of usage! Don't get me wrong, they're pretty, but they aren't a real laptop.

Want a good laptop? Get an IBM. If you can't afford the IBM, get a dell. No matter what you do, get the 3 year warranty. I'm also a fan of the Toshibas. Just make sure whatever you do, get the 3 yr warranty.

In response to the cpus. Get the Centrino package. It comes with the Pentium M(obile) processor and an Intel wireless card. Pentium M has lower clock rates, but real world speeds are the same as p4's. Pentium M is specifically designed for mobile applications.

Oh, for the record, I've personally setup and configured hundreds of laptops. I've created several of our corporate laptop images as well. I've worked on and repaired everything from IBM, Dell, HP, Compaq, and Toshiba. And for what it's worth, within the 4' proximity, I have 4 laptops sitting around

So yea, if you want any more info, just ask. Did I mention, make sure you get the 3 yr warranty?
Old Jan 11, 2006, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Warranty is a big thing, and i do agree with you the last company i would ever buy is Dell. Bolsen is correct on many points, but i think it really comes down to your personal preference, what you will be using the computer for, what price range you are looking for, and many other factors. Alienwares are a bit pricey, but i have been subscribed to their site for years and bought two computers (for my nieghbors) from them, so i get a discount when i order. For the money, compare them side by side....compared to dells (completely over price IMO) for the same buck with alienware you can a much faster and newer processor, get two times the harddrive space, 256 additional mb RAM, fast front side bus, and a much more powerful video card.
To each his own, but my biased opinion (get the discounts) is to go with alienware. If for some reason that would not work for me, i would definately second bolsens reccomendation on an IBM, they are reliable tough machines. After an IBM, i would go with a HP for the third slot.

dyrad- You are currently running the white rabbit turbo, correct? If so would you reccomend it? I am thinkin of the WR, Buschur 20g, or TME for the future; any thoughts? I am looking for the best "bang for the buck", strongest turbo/powerband for the money (most cost-effective)

Last edited by RED DEMON; Jan 11, 2006 at 09:36 AM.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 09:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Nez136
Wow, i saw a red evo last night when i was coming from Mayfair mall.
i jumped on the high-way to head to the east side and then i see this car weaving traffic to catch up to me (i wasn't speeding), wait i can tell those lights anywhere! so he pulls up next to me and then i wave, he takes off and then was slowed down by traffic, i pull up next to him and wave again at him....just stairs me down like Pual Walker ready hit the NOS. I just wish we could all get along

FWIW, if the person is on this forum and really want's a race, pm me

haha.. that was me bro!! I saw you but got caught up by a car! they were doggin it but i wanted to atleast roll past ya to give ya a wave. I did wave to ya, but i couldnt tell if you could see me.

Racing wasnt even a thought to be honest, just to give ya a thumbs up but i guess you didnt know it

edit: I got on there but had to go across all lanes to hit 45 north to my house. It always looks like IM dodgin traffic FYI haha
Old Jan 11, 2006, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

ohh, ok, i must of missed it, sorry!

Geeze, small town eh!?

Edit* i try not to drive too fast on i94 b/c i got 2 of my tickets there
Old Jan 11, 2006, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

Yea when i saw you while i was waitin to cross hwy 100 i knew i was gonna get stuck by a Gma driver on that sweeping corner. I didnt know it was you, but I wanted to run ya down a second before i had to cross all the way over to 45 north
Old Jan 11, 2006, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Haha, that's funny ****.

Nez, how are the turbo plans coming along?
Old Jan 11, 2006, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GSXDUB
Yeah, just the stock wheels that i repainted. I have a set of SSR comps that i am also in the process of refinishing as well that i use for summer wheels. The BBY evo is another guy that works with me. Pretty much stock. Its got a clutch and flywheel, basic reflash, and some springs. I think he comes on here every now and again

Scott, you got a clutch put in?? When did you do that? Also what did you buy in that fact... geez we are buds and I never knew ya got that ish!!
Old Jan 11, 2006, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Like i said before, its that time where the snow is melting and people are out to get speed back in their blood!

Red Demon, i'll be installing the 20g-9 as soon as it gets to my house (like 3 weeks) so you can be the jury for mine and Dryads car(he'll be there for the install) also keep in mind i have the 272 cams while dryad has the 264, 272's, so the power band will be slightly different. im also still on my stock clutch!
Old Jan 11, 2006, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by laakness
Haha, that's funny ****.

Nez, how are the turbo plans coming along?
780 injectors, fuel rail, FPR, and turbo go in all at once.

im not sure about the tuning though, i don't want to do road tuning anymore unless you want to drive again
Old Jan 11, 2006, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

I always have speed in the blood to be honest... snow or no snow hence the evo is out 24/7!! I was only in Hwy 100 area to pick up a card table and some phones for my store at a co workers house 4 blocks off the strip. I never cruise hardly as it is, let alone one of those guys who's out with the windows half cracked on a 25 degree night in january
Old Jan 11, 2006, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4rcd6
I always have speed in the blood to be honest... snow or no snow hence the evo is out 24/7!! I was only in Hwy 100 area to pick up a card table and some phones for my store at a co workers house 4 blocks off the strip. I never cruise hardly as it is, let alone one of those guys who's out with the windows half cracked on a 25 degree night in january
See its guys like you that when im with driving makes me wanna break my no ticket streak(4 months now)!

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners