Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2006, 01:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What kinda price did you pay tho?? I got a buddy who installs for them and he even admits the tvs are a bit overpriced compared to Best buy or Circuit city..

I go with whats best for me in my pocket, not a high named place with good products. As long as i get a good set with good pricing.. thats what i get.

1700 bucks for a 46" DLP Toshiba was a sweet deal and i got it at best buy with a 287 stand for 200 bucks. Not including the cables i got on discount and also my HD DVD player for 10 bucks off... cant complain!!
Old Jan 11, 2006, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

^i agree 100% i found it hard to beat some of the prices that BB had to offer, i got my TV w/stand for $2,111
Old Jan 11, 2006, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Best Buy is evil!

I'm still waiting for my TV hookup to come through.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.anandtech.com/tradeshows/...px?i=2669&p=10

How sweet is that.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by r3z0nate
Best Buy is evil!

I'm still waiting for my TV hookup to come through.
They will do whatever you want, just go there with an atittude!
Old Jan 11, 2006, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

I tried to get them to sell me a keyboard thats online for the same price but they wouldn't do it for some reason.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4rcd6
What kinda price did you pay tho?? I got a buddy who installs for them and he even admits the tvs are a bit overpriced compared to Best buy or Circuit city..

I go with whats best for me in my pocket, not a high named place with good products. As long as i get a good set with good pricing.. thats what i get.

1700 bucks for a 46" DLP Toshiba was a sweet deal and i got it at best buy with a 287 stand for 200 bucks. Not including the cables i got on discount and also my HD DVD player for 10 bucks off... cant complain!!
I don't want to quote prices here, but I'll put it to you this way. For a couple of hundrend dollars more, I got a awesome table stand & a 52inch top of the line Mitsubishi, so it's not as far off as you may think.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 03:07 PM

hey you guys from milwaukee, you ever get stopped for not having your license plate on the front? got pulled over the first night i bought the evo, got a warning, got it drilled in, kept it for like a week and then took it off. get pulled over probably once a week with my excuse of, it fell off, need special license plate holder!

got pulled over doing 85 on 94 in JEFFERSON COUNTY! the douche asked how fast i was going, said 85, trooper says well i clocked you at 74 but thanks for being honest, walks away comes back and tells me you're free to go, thanks for being honest no ticket, clean record! yeAH!
Old Jan 11, 2006, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
r2kbug I got a no front plate warning within a month of having my Evo. I put it on and haven't been bother since.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never been harassed with it off.

Nez- I can finally get your tune in perfect with my new little toy coming, I can't wait ,myself because I keep hitting a P0171 code at idle (too lean), my trims are way out of wack but trying to still do it by ear, getting better.

everyone- anyone want to get together sometime soon? Nobody has come out of their caves in a while. This weekend is always a possibility. I might unveil the sort of new *****.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dryad001
Never been harassed with it off.
Not even in New Berlin? I was pulled over for having to loud an exhaust and I'm 100% stock
Old Jan 11, 2006, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Silk
Not even in New Berlin? I was pulled over for having to loud an exhaust and I'm 100% stock

Amazingly not. A few days ago on the way to work I stopped at my usual gas station on Sunnyslope and Cleveland and saw a marked squad pull through (last time they did this I got my wing ticket 1.5 years ago). It was probably the same ***** cop and I saw him go up Cleveland towards Moorland. So I went a different route (shorter) to work that day. No ticket.

I don't like bashing cops because my dad is a retired cop from Milwaukee, but these NB boys are something else. Seriously they don't have anything to do here, nothing happens unless I do it, or my neighbors call the cops on me for some stupid reason (I think the wife died, damn) I really didn't put the dead squirrel carcass there honestly, or the brass nail in the tree, or the 15+ quarts of tranny fluid in their bushes... it wasn't me. I can't wait till they croak.

But what i found out lately if you drive normal and not make any sudden type of acceleration, or jerky movements with the car they will hardly notice you, unless they hear you. I have been followed numerous times to work by these kids, they might have seen my record and probably thought "Huh, is it worth making a 2 hour complait report?" "Ah screw it let him go" LOL

Then there is Milwaukee finest, never had a problem. My last name is pretty well known so I usually get " Hey, I know your dad... well take it easy"
Old Jan 11, 2006, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dryad001
Amazingly not. A few days ago on the way to work I stopped at my usual gas station on Sunnyslope and Cleveland and saw a marked squad pull through (last time they did this I got my wing ticket 1.5 years ago). It was probably the same ***** cop and I saw him go up Cleveland towards Moorland. So I went a different route (shorter) to work that day. No ticket.

I don't like bashing cops because my dad is a retired cop from Milwaukee, but these NB boys are something else. Seriously they don't have anything to do here, nothing happens unless I do it, or my neighbors call the cops on me for some stupid reason (I think the wife died, damn) I really didn't put the dead squirrel carcass there honestly, or the brass nail in the tree, or the 15+ quarts of tranny fluid in their bushes... it wasn't me. I can't wait till they croak.

But what i found out lately if you drive normal and not make any sudden type of acceleration, or jerky movements with the car they will hardly notice you, unless they hear you. I have been followed numerous times to work by these kids, they might have seen my record and probably thought "Huh, is it worth making a 2 hour complait report?" "Ah screw it let him go" LOL

Then there is Milwaukee finest, never had a problem. My last name is pretty well known so I usually get " Hey, I know your dad... well take it easy"
New Berlin Cops are the worst. The crappy part is ii work in new berlin. i got 2 tickets in two weeks. first lady cop pulls me over on Calhoon. first words from her mouth were, "you know sometimes zero to sixty in 4 seconds isnt a good thing." th enext week, i got a ticket for 7 mph over the limit. they were out "protecting kids" 7mph. give me a break. my speedo needle takes of that much space in the speedometer. the funny thiing is they never said anything about my exhaust (HKS) nor the fact i had no front plate. oh crap i should knock on somthing quick.
Old Jan 11, 2006, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by newimportowner
New Berlin Cops are the worst. The crappy part is ii work in new berlin. i got 2 tickets in two weeks. first lady cop pulls me over on Calhoon. first words from her mouth were, "you know sometimes zero to sixty in 4 seconds isnt a good thing." th enext week, i got a ticket for 7 mph over the limit. they were out "protecting kids" 7mph. give me a break. my speedo needle takes of that much space in the speedometer. the funny thiing is they never said anything about my exhaust (HKS) nor the fact i had no front plate. oh crap i should knock on somthing quick.

Number one reason why I don't drive on Calhoun, it's a friggin gauntlet. I work/ live in New Berlin
Old Jan 11, 2006, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Hehe...no worries mate, I was just messing around although $50 here adds up quick

Originally Posted by Nez136
sorry i wasn't thinking

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners