Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2006, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spotted Yellow Evo heading South on Mooreland road around lincoln Ave around 12:30 today. anyone here?
Old Jan 12, 2006, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nez136
hmmm wings, i'll do them anytime! Make sure you let me know
So Dryad, i take it you ordered a scan tool? i think i might just have to rent you and bring you to AMS's dyno. Martin charges a sh|t load and Nick and Pete's cars still knock, decent power though. I guess we'll talk about it when the fu<king turbo finally gets here. Its so freakin nice out, it makes me wanna put my Volks back on the car for the summer!

Oh yea, upgraded to HDTV through Time Warner, the quality is better than DVD, i was zoned into the Discovery HD channel for about 1 hour last night. OCC isn't a bad show.
Yeah, I'd be down for some wings on Sunday! Let's light this candle.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

Right on. I think 15" is the biggest I am going to go. 17" just seems to damn big and pointless for a notebook after thinking about it. 2.5k is about the max I want to spend and so far the macbook seems to have the best specs.

Definately gonna get the warranty

Originally Posted by bolsen
Yea lenovo finances.

Laptops aren't cheap like desktops are, you're in a whole new ball park. 40gb and 256 is pretty standard setup. If you want a nice laptop, which will cost a good penny, expect to pay roughly 2k. Get the 2ghz centrino package with the 80gb 5400rpm drive and a gb or 2 or ram. I've always been a fan of the 14" screen. The 15" is too big for me and just adds weight.

About the 3 year warranty thing, let me put it this way. Since a laptop runs off 1 system board and say your nic dies. To fix it they have to replace the system board. That would cost roughly $800. Say your LCD goes out. Those are roughly $700. Knowing that, the extra few hundred up front for the 3 year warranty is worth it.

Oh and before I forget, morning fochers!
Old Jan 12, 2006, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

We should all get together and get drunk as well! Dryad and i will have a couple drinks once in a while but i don't think i have ever seen him plastered...
Old Jan 12, 2006, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

As long as no one throws a bowl of peanuts and popcorn at me and I loose my keys 10mins later im down
Old Jan 12, 2006, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

im down for bw's on sunday as well..... anyways today i seen 4 evos on the road which is quite shocking... one wingless apex silver, one small winged apex silver, one regular apex silver, and one ww.... what a beautiful day to bring the beasts out!

i also have a little story ill post tonight when i get home from work but it has to do with me driving in a bad neighborhood, getting pulled over, pulled out of the car and searched, and leaving with a speeding tickett....its rediculous...cops hate spoilers
Old Jan 12, 2006, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

Well i haven't posted in here for awhile. just wanted to inform peeps that i have recently put on Buschur's stage 2 and 4 (still have to get 3) also his LICP. I have the Forge BOV, and i put it all in last nite, except the Walboro and 680cc injectors, and took it out for a spin, i love it its absoloutly awesome. Plus i have just put a deposit in at AMS to get my ECU Flashed on the 17th of february. It will be awesome to get the Dyno sheets and have it fully tuned by ONE of the best tuners out there.

It makes me a little nervous tho, i was a little scared to make boost for the first time, and go figure i didn't tighten the clamp on the UICP, and "BOOM" it came off, car stalled, Damn it! i was right next to my house so it was all ok. then went and tightened it all, and took it out today, and i love it. can't wait to get the rest. i am curious what i will be making for hp, can't wait.

anyone else heading down to AMS that day.

Also if any one was wondering i live in fond du lac, about 45 minutes north of milwaukee. if there are any event going on let me know i may show up.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 03:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by newimportowner
Spotted Yellow Evo heading South on Mooreland road around lincoln Ave around 12:30 today. anyone here?
That was me, I saw the wave and returned it.. Not sure if you saw..
Old Jan 12, 2006, 05:29 PM
Evolved Member

Nez I rarely get plastered unless the beer is flowing good that night. Also screw going down to AMS for a dyno, save the money and buy me beer instead. When I was tuning my car on the dyno I feel rushed and want the job done. I think we should do the on-ramp thing again we can always head further out from the city. But those 3-4 on ramps are the straightest.

I can do Sunday, lets set this up for 7-8pm on Hwy 100 and National, sound good? I can get lit that night.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dryad001
Nez I rarely get plastered unless the beer is flowing good that night. Also screw going down to AMS for a dyno, save the money and buy me beer instead. When I was tuning my car on the dyno I feel rushed and want the job done. I think we should do the on-ramp thing again we can always head further out from the city. But those 3-4 on ramps are the straightest.

I can do Sunday, lets set this up for 7-8pm on Hwy 100 and National, sound good? I can get lit that night.
Yeah, I'd probably be down for some on ramp tuning again if you want. I'd just need a little advance notice if it's not on a weekend incase I'm traveling for work.

Oh yeah, Sunday sounds good for wings.
Old Jan 12, 2006, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

Got my carbon fiber MR vortex generator in the mail, i will post up some pictures asap
Old Jan 12, 2006, 10:15 PM

i love my evo but anyone sick of driving it ? it's pretty rough since milwaukee roads are horrible!
Old Jan 12, 2006, 10:17 PM

hey red demon, how was the 350z compared to the evo? thinking of trading in for a 06 350z and i also used to own a 03 celica gt-s, 6-speed with trd kit.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 05:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by r2kbug
i love my evo but anyone sick of driving it ? it's pretty rough since milwaukee roads are horrible!
That's blasphemy!

J/K, no I'm not sick of it but it is a rougher ride. Just hit the gas and remind yourself it's an Evo
Old Jan 13, 2006, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

Sunday on HWY 100, im in. Not sure about on ramp tuning if im driving (like i said before) we'll figure it out. I only get sick of putting miles on my car, that is why im trying to get a secondary, and so my MR stays clean.

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners