Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2006, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning, got my first taste of an Evo 9 MR last night and wow, those fu<king cars are FAST.

My mods,
Utec(mild timing)
Cams
IC
walbro 255
intake
bov
EBC
TBE w/no cat

His Mods,
Drop in HKS filter
MBC
and a TBE w/no cat i helped install

We did a 3rd gear pull on I43 and and the cars were dead even to redline. HOLLY SH|T

to put in in perspective, my car usually pulls on a 03-04 with the same mods with no problem. When i popped the hood on his car the first thing i noticed was that the compressor housing is a LOT bigger than the 8 turbos, WAY more power until redline!. Needless to say i think with a TBE, MBC, Drop in air filter, and custom flash the car MAY be able to break into the 11's on race gas with a good driver...Crazy words i know, but its possible. I can't wait to get my 20g-9, i hate playing the waiting game!!!!
Old Jan 19, 2006, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Nez, screw the 20g, get a 30r
Old Jan 19, 2006, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bolsen
Nez, screw the 20g, get a 30r
Well to be completly honest if the 20g-9 doesn't work out as planed i will stop beating around the bush and get the 2.3L w/ gt35r. I am confident that the 20g will put down huge numbers though. Next step is the carbon twin disk clutch and Methanol
Old Jan 19, 2006, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Working on cars without beer is a sin.

Originally Posted by GTSMWET
I love it everything that you do for people always involves money AND beer, better be more specific or you may get a case of hamms
Old Jan 19, 2006, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Watched that last night.. Those things are crazy. I rarely watch the crap on regular channels.

That phone is crazy looking. Im guessing it plays mp3s and video?

Originally Posted by bolsen
Anybody watching superships on the discover channel? Bad ***!

Got a new phone tonight. Pretty dope, cept the number buttons are a total PITA.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

You think MIVEC has alot to do with that also?

Originally Posted by Nez136
Morning, got my first taste of an Evo 9 MR last night and wow, those fu<king cars are FAST.

My mods,
Utec(mild timing)
Cams
IC
walbro 255
intake
bov
EBC
TBE w/no cat

His Mods,
Drop in HKS filter
MBC
and a TBE w/no cat i helped install

We did a 3rd gear pull on I43 and and the cars were dead even to redline. HOLLY SH|T

to put in in perspective, my car usually pulls on a 03-04 with the same mods with no problem. When i popped the hood on his car the first thing i noticed was that the compressor housing is a LOT bigger than the 8 turbos, WAY more power until redline!. Needless to say i think with a TBE, MBC, Drop in air filter, and custom flash the car MAY be able to break into the 11's on race gas with a good driver...Crazy words i know, but its possible. I can't wait to get my 20g-9, i hate playing the waiting game!!!!
Old Jan 19, 2006, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by r3z0nate
You think MIVEC has alot to do with that also?
The Mivec is the perfect compliment to that turbo, helps for crazy spool up and mid range power. Although just looking at the overall size of the turbo it would be safe to say that the turbo is the major factor when you start to upgrade the car. Nobody has really tapped into the power of the MIVEC on an EMS, time will tell if its going make a big difference with the overall tune...but then again if it didn't make a difference, then why would they put it there!

I would like to see an Autronic or a MoTec ECU and a GT series turbo work with the MIVEC to see what its potential is, Maybe people will stop buying stroker motors then!
Old Jan 19, 2006, 10:18 AM

yea, its pretty depressing to see those things even bone stock how fast they are....seem to be like the LS1's when they first came out, SEVERLY underrated...
Old Jan 19, 2006, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MikeMAN
yea, its pretty depressing to see those things even bone stock how fast they are....seem to be like the LS1's when they first came out, SEVERLY underrated...
I tell ya, they will only keep getting better, the same thing happend when the '05 came, people had a hard time hitting low 12's without cams in their '03-'04, now its not a problem if you have an '05 with bolt-ons and a good tune
Old Jan 19, 2006, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by MikeMAN
I'm not depressed...

What's up Mike? Would you or anyone else want to meet up sometime soon to get dinner or just go for a drive? It's 45 degrees outside right now!
Old Jan 19, 2006, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by itrsport.com
I'm not depressed...

What's up Mike? Would you or anyone else want to meet up sometime soon to get dinner or just go for a drive? It's 45 degrees outside right now!
I will when i get my turbo, i need my convidence back! j/k

Im always up for a drive
Old Jan 19, 2006, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://svtperformance.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=246234

found that pretty funny, someone else posted it in show n shine i think
Old Jan 19, 2006, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

This winter is pissing me off...

I'm definately glad I didn't buy winter tires but on the flip side I bought the gf a new snowboard for x-mas and bought myself a ton of new gear and haven't been able to go since

I will when i get my turbo, i need my convidence back! j/k

Im always up for a drive
Old Jan 19, 2006, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I tell ya, they will only keep getting better, the same thing happend when the '05 came, people had a hard time hitting low 12's without cams in their '03-'04, now its not a problem if you have an '05 with bolt-ons and a good tune

That is so true. People need to realize that if the newer model isn't better then there is something majorly wrong. So many people get pissed because the newer ones have a very noticable improvement but I feel that they HAVE TO! Would you expect to buy a pc tomorrow that has the power of a 1GHz machine?

Just take comfort that you've had an Evo much longer than most of the new owners.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by laakness
That is so true. People need to realize that if the newer model isn't better then there is something majorly wrong. So many people get pissed because the newer ones have a very noticable improvement but I feel that they HAVE TO! Would you expect to buy a pc tomorrow that has the power of a 1GHz machine?

Just take comfort that you've had an Evo much longer than most of the new owners.
I know, its like watching kids growing up....im so proud

hey can you find a link to that Halo2 stunts page?

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners