Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2005, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yup, seeing if you wanted to head to BW's.

"It" will be here next week wednesday or thursday. I am first on the list and are being shipped today, there was a problem earlier in the week because of the hurricane.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 09:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ooh, i c, sorry i was at BW's for lunch and i fell asleep last night after work, i will be there when "She" arrive...that dirty dirty little *****....
Old Jul 13, 2005, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

i have to start looking for an alky kit also, i heard the smc kit is real nice.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

why not ask your Best Friend David Buscher?
Old Jul 13, 2005, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

Just make sure you get the good controller...

Any reason for running alky?
Old Jul 13, 2005, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

I'm starting to like buschur again, Rnr on the other hand well... they can die.

bolsen- it's going to be a hoot when the car is done. Good controller??? fill me in
Old Jul 13, 2005, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

buschur had sent out some bad controllers, but the problem has been identified and resolved. Basically they weren't working they way they should.

From what I know about the kits is buschurs is a drop in replacemnt, where AMS's is not.

Honestly I'm don't know much about them, as I'm not a big fan of them.
Old Jul 13, 2005, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

I have thought about the aquamist for water injection which I have used in the past but the kit is quite expensive and it is a PITA to install, now granted that this was on a 300zx engine wher there is a split in the water line to feed 2 individual TB's.

I would rather go with alky instead of water for one reason and that is water leaves depositis in the line (calcium) where as alky does not. Plus at my shop we go through denatured alcohol at about 20 gallons a day so getting it is not a problem.

Secondly gas prices are through the roof right now the cheapest I found around my house is 2.63, not that I bought the car for fuel economy and everything I do seems to bring the MPG down. Using alky I can run a better tune than I could than using regular 93.

Now onto the shops. Buschur is a good company but their quality of work is garbage, I have owned a buschur exhaust and took it off a few months later beacuse it fit for shat. AMS is also a good company and build superior stuff but their prices are insane. Some people will say its the cost for development and research, etc. I could go on about both companies and list their pros and cons from my own personal experiance but will let everyone fend for themselves. One company I would not recommend is Rnr, what a bunch of theives and liars, Nez you can back me up on this one. Their quality of work is sub buschur.

Woah!!!!! Back on topic, I don't know where I was going with this as I am still pissed from the phone call I had to deal with the siding people today (still not done- week 7)
Old Jul 13, 2005, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

haha, no siding yet eh?

I'm in different about all the companies. AMS is expensive, buschur I've had little experience with. RNR, talked to em, but never bought anything. If you guys ever need fabrication (exhaust/intercooler piping/ really anything metal) I can give you a guy to go to. I will say he's not cheap, but his work can't be compared to any of the vendors.

Have you thought about running tuline or whatever its called?

Alky/water.... all that stuff makes me nervous. I worry enough about fuel making it in the motor, I don't need another endless variable to worry about. I'm not saying no one should use it, that's just my feeling on it. I guess tho, I'm going to be running av gas as my daily driver fuel, and I'll pick up a drum of c16 for the fun days
Old Jul 13, 2005, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

I have thought about using toluene and or xylene but it gets expensive after a while, nothing that will break the bank but spending $3 for toluene for one tank of gas or $3 of alky for 2 tanks of gas. Plus on the long haul days I can shut the whole system off per the UTEC.

What type of av gas? There are quite a few different formulas out there. I personally wouldn't recommend it. There is too much lead in that stuff, granted it's cheaper than race gas but the lead content will kill your 02 sensors in a short time.

I guess everyone has their own ideas of buiding their cars which i think is great, can't wait to see some of the new set-ups that some people are doing around here. I just can't wait for my new turbo that it on its way, earliest I can get it is saturday latest is by next thursday. Will see what happens.

Im sure everyone is dying for the never ending siding update. Well I crawl out of bed around 10am and think to myself this is the latest I slept in since they started this job. So I walk outside and their truck isn't there, so i call up the contractor and ask where the f the workers are. his response "Well it did just get done raining and its wet out" Me-"Huh??? What your workers can't get wet?" Contractor- "Plus it looks like the weather is calling for a hot day" Me (pissed) "If I dont see a worker out here today your fired!" The conversation goes on and finally at around 1pm the workers finally show up, parking half of their truck on my lawn. So I head outside again and ask them nicely to move their truck off my lawn and they oblige (sp?) Then I notice a huge oil mark from where their truck is parked and then ask them nicely to move their truck onto the street. That was the last I saw of them for the day. I guess its time to make another nasty call tomorrow. I have truely had it with them they barley show up and when they do they seem to talk about what they are going to do but it never gets done. They are so close to being finished, but with the extra crap they leave around I think i can manage myself tomorrow, might take me a little bit to the measuring and cutting thing.

Last edited by dryad001; Jul 13, 2005 at 10:03 PM.
Old Jul 14, 2005, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dryad001
I have thought about using toluene and or xylene but it gets expensive after a while, nothing that will break the bank but spending $3 for toluene for one tank of gas or $3 of alky for 2 tanks of gas. Plus on the long haul days I can shut the whole system off per the UTEC.

What type of av gas? There are quite a few different formulas out there. I personally wouldn't recommend it. There is too much lead in that stuff, granted it's cheaper than race gas but the lead content will kill your 02 sensors in a short time.

I guess everyone has their own ideas of buiding their cars which i think is great, can't wait to see some of the new set-ups that some people are doing around here. I just can't wait for my new turbo that it on its way, earliest I can get it is saturday latest is by next thursday. Will see what happens.

Im sure everyone is dying for the never ending siding update. Well I crawl out of bed around 10am and think to myself this is the latest I slept in since they started this job. So I walk outside and their truck isn't there, so i call up the contractor and ask where the f the workers are. his response "Well it did just get done raining and its wet out" Me-"Huh??? What your workers can't get wet?" Contractor- "Plus it looks like the weather is calling for a hot day" Me (pissed) "If I dont see a worker out here today your fired!" The conversation goes on and finally at around 1pm the workers finally show up, parking half of their truck on my lawn. So I head outside again and ask them nicely to move their truck off my lawn and they oblige (sp?) Then I notice a huge oil mark from where their truck is parked and then ask them nicely to move their truck onto the street. That was the last I saw of them for the day. I guess its time to make another nasty call tomorrow. I have truely had it with them they barley show up and when they do they seem to talk about what they are going to do but it never gets done. They are so close to being finished, but with the extra crap they leave around I think i can manage myself tomorrow, might take me a little bit to the measuring and cutting thing.
lol sounds like you hired the city to side your house

I'll be running 100 low lead. The car doesn't have any emissions on it, and all it'll have is a wideband 02. So the lead will only help with detonation. Like you said, I think it's great to see some nice cars in MKE. It'd be awefully boring if we all built them the same way!

Oh yea, morning fochers!
Old Jul 14, 2005, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bolsen
lol sounds like you hired the city to side your house

I'll be running 100 low lead. The car doesn't have any emissions on it, and all it'll have is a wideband 02. So the lead will only help with detonation. Like you said, I think it's great to see some nice cars in MKE. It'd be awefully boring if we all built them the same way!

Oh yea, morning fochers!
No kidding, they work as fast as city workers.

If you removed all of your emissions I don't see a real problem then, just make sure you yank your head every 15-20k to check for deposits around the valve seat area. I'll try and get some info for you on the av fuels since my brother has his flight manuals somewhere
Old Jul 14, 2005, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Post up some picts of their truck
Old Jul 14, 2005, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

Haha! It's actually a red Fffff Fffff I can't say the Blue oval word.
Old Jul 15, 2005, 07:11 AM
Evolving Member

What up ya'll!?!

Dryad.. sounds like you got some retards on your hands. I can't believe they are still there trying to wrap up the house. What is this now?? 7 weeks?? (shakes head)

Well I got the rotors swapped on the front to some nice ones finally. Sick of feeling like im in a 90mph rollercoaster on a nasty bank(shaking to hell). Now is just the fun part of breaking them in!! I so love breaking in parts.. its the best time ever!

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners