Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2006, 11:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks like u have a nice facility to work on that thing!! how long did it take to change all 4 corners??
Old Apr 5, 2006, 12:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
It's nice because it has a lift and air tools, but it is a huge mess.

Once the car was on the lift it took probably an hour and a half to to it all from start to finish.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 05:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sweeeet, RnR is having a badass group buy for FMIC's. We should all jump on that shizzle!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...hreadid=182319

Just kidding dryad001.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 07:34 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by itrsport.com
It's sort of wierd because my personality is more geared for a clean/low profile vehicle. Frankly could have gone for something without a big wing! lol
You need to get tinted and lowered. Possibly add a lip. Looks like a whole different car.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 07:39 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by the-moss
Ok, here are the pics as promised, nothing too exciting, but check out the cool optical illusion that makes the stock one look bigger than the new one when they are side by side.
Still looks pretty mean!
Old Apr 5, 2006, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

So kinda of a wierd thing......Ever since i installed my Utec last year i lost my stock launch control (which was expected) but last night i was ****ing with my car and....i would lightly press the throttle until it hit 5k, then as i pressed down more it would start working (bouncing off the limiter) then i would press even more to get some boost and the car sounded like a fu<king drag car, backfire like a ****.....it was sweet. AFR's looked good and there was no engine knock so the car was runing safe just a little rich. It doesn't always work so i figure that i might try to set up the launch control on the Utec. New clutch here we come!!!
Old Apr 5, 2006, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

With my flashed ecu I still have the 5k limiter and sometimes at night i get a little fireball effect with it. Still havent launched it but kinda fun anyway
Old Apr 5, 2006, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

So I'm cleaning up my desk at work and I find the 3 page pamphlet from Automobile magazine where they named the Evo 2004 Car of the Year. I believe I got this from Renner at one point...anyway...here is a awesomely bad quote from it.

"Yet the Evo is not without fault. Because of the tight packaging of the turbo's intercooler (it's wedged behind the front bumper), there is little room for a bigger one and therefore little tuning headroom on the cars, meaning that you won't see any 500-horsepower Evo's marauding your city's streets at night."

LMAO.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I remember reading that and thinking.. Uh-huh.
Old Apr 5, 2006, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by laakness
So I'm cleaning up my desk at work and I find the 3 page pamphlet from Automobile magazine where they named the Evo 2004 Car of the Year. I believe I got this from Renner at one point...anyway...here is a awesomely bad quote from it.

"Yet the Evo is not without fault. Because of the tight packaging of the turbo's intercooler (it's wedged behind the front bumper), there is little room for a bigger one and therefore little tuning headroom on the cars, meaning that you won't see any 500-horsepower Evo's marauding your city's streets at night."

LMAO.

i remember reading that when i was out looking at them, and thinking......that was probably the most mis/uninformed statement i have ever heard. unless they meant people would be skipping 500hp and going to 600+?? haha
Old Apr 5, 2006, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Well im leaving for FL tromorrow morning, see ya biatches
Old Apr 5, 2006, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

evening fochers.

Haven't been on much.. and honestly, I haven't really cared to work much on the car either But the good news is it's going in on Saturday, hopefully by next week saturday this black balloon will be all over and I can worry about making some progress.

So, did I miss anything?
Old Apr 5, 2006, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dryad001
Well im leaving for FL tromorrow morning, see ya biatches
Have fun
Old Apr 5, 2006, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by bolsen
evening fochers.

Haven't been on much.. and honestly, I haven't really cared to work much on the car either But the good news is it's going in on Saturday, hopefully by next week saturday this black balloon will be all over and I can worry about making some progress.

So, did I miss anything?
i need some info about passats...im looking at used ones for a daily driver....reliable etc?

mike
Old Apr 5, 2006, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

bolsen, im lookin at repaintin my car...if i recall you looked into doing a paintjob like the AMS car, did you get any quotes? Were you going to yank the engine and do a "full" respray?

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners