Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2006, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Morning fochers!

Mike, which year and motor are you looking at? I have a friend with a 2002ish 1.8t passat. He's not a car guy and drives it saily. Loves it.

Red, yes, if you paint your car you need to do a full respray. Imagine seeing a great paint job on a car then they pop the hood and it's a totally different color. Same rules apply to door jams, trunks, and interiors with exposed body panels. Quotes will be all over the board. The question is how good do you want the paint job to be? Are you happy with stock orange peel? Or do you want something that makes people look twice? I love the color of the evo and it was the color I wanted to go with! But after I found out how much work it would be to do a full respray, I gave up on it :P Not that I'm trying to suade you otherwise, I just didn't see it fitting into my time window.

Have fun in FL dryaad, let me know how it goes.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by bolsen
Morning fochers!

Mike, which year and motor are you looking at? I have a friend with a 2002ish 1.8t passat. He's not a car guy and drives it saily. Loves it.
lookin at a 2000 with the 1.8t, 5spd, 60k miles. Im not looking to rag on it, albeit it is still turbo and it could be chipped hehe...but i dont wanna go down that road.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MikeMAN
lookin at a 2000 with the 1.8t, 5spd, 60k miles. Im not looking to rag on it, albeit it is still turbo and it could be chipped hehe...but i dont wanna go down that road.
Mike, is the head on your car still good? If so i would be interested in purchasing
Old Apr 6, 2006, 08:50 AM

yeap, head it still good to go
Old Apr 6, 2006, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MikeMAN
yeap, head it still good to go
Pm'ed
Old Apr 6, 2006, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone want to do some wings tomorrow at all?
Old Apr 6, 2006, 09:21 AM

Weekend Fun

This is Kind of last minute. Yesterday as I was out and about I ran into a client who drives a 2004 EVO RS. He is a racing instructor for several nation wide racing schools including Skip Barber, Petty etc.

He wanted me to know that at Elkart Lake this Sat and sunday the sportscar club of America is running their lap weekend. Sat and Sunday $260 will get you unlimited laps (depending on how many attend). They allow aproximately 30 cars on the track at any one time. It's not a race, and it's open to anything you want to run.
You Do NOT need a SCCA lic, only a Snell approved helmet , your ***** and of course money for gas!

I can't go, but I would if I could. If anyone goes up I would like to hear back.

Last edited by MR.MITSU; Apr 6, 2006 at 09:30 AM.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

so, has anyone been to great lakes before?? any tips or tricks before i go tomorrow night??
Old Apr 6, 2006, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

I've never been there. You going to take a run tomorrow night?

Nez, we should drive down and watch some drags. I got a sweet new video camera I could use
Old Apr 6, 2006, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mack4477
so, has anyone been to great lakes before?? any tips or tricks before i go tomorrow night??
It's not a 'Real Street Drags' night is it?
Old Apr 6, 2006, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.greatlakesdragaway.com

April 7 Fri Fun Racing - RACE for FREE 6pm -10pm
Old Apr 6, 2006, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

nope, just open run, as laakness said. i figure that on a friday night, most people won't be thinking about the track, so it may be a little dead so that i can get a few off. and FREE racing means just the $12 everyone else pays to view, not the $28 or whatever it is. let me know if you're going laak....i don't have a video camera....just my digi cam that does vid. don't know how well that will do out there
Old Apr 6, 2006, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

Cool, well hopeful it is dead, I kinda think it won't be though.

Next weekend, probably Sunday a bunch of us may be going to the Byron dragstrip during the day.

That track is never all that busy at the edges of the season. Last 2 times I have been from 2 - 5pm was basically open lapping.
Old Apr 6, 2006, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mack4477
-Yea, don't race the other car. Race yourself. It's easy to get hung up in the "race," especially if it's close.
-When you see the last yellow light, start your launch
-Give it more gas and more RPM. The pits are much more sticky than the street
-The run is over once you go over the big white line. Pull off to the left and slowly go down the road. Oh yea, if you're in the right lane, be VERY aware of who's in the left. Don't cut them off. If need be, go futher than you need to and then turn. Drive up to the booth and you'll get your slip.
-Be a pal and clear the water from you exhaust before you race. Turning the car off to cool is ok, but water forms in the exhaust. When you race the water shoots out down the track and the big HP cars don't like that.
-If you blow something up, immedietley pull over to the side. The guys will come and get you. The last thing you want is to close down a lane because you drained coolant/oil down the length of the track.
-Practice, practice, practice. Try different shift points, shifting techniques, and launching techniques. Beating the hell out of your car isn't always the best way to go fast. Especially on a super sticky surface.

That's all I got. Have fun and let us know how you do!
Old Apr 6, 2006, 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bolsen
-Yea, don't race the other car. Race yourself. It's easy to get hung up in the "race," especially if it's close.
-When you see the last yellow light, start your launch
The yellow light launch is only necessary if you are actually racing the car next to you or you are trying to get your reaction time down.

If all you care about is the time you and your car can run just take your time and if you launch a couple of seconds after the green who cares? It won't affect your ET. In my opinion, while fun, trying to nail the light just adds pressure and leads to screwed up launches.

Also if you have a really loud car in the lane next to you, let them take off before you launch. They get super loud when they launch and that can be off-putting to getting your launch right and listening to what your car is doing.

Remember, ET is the time from when you left the start line to when you got 1/4 mile down the track.

Reaction time is the time between the light turning green and you leaving the line.

Race time (not printed on timeslips) is your ET + your RT. The guy with the lowest race time wins.

Above all, have fun!! Don't get too hung up if the numbers aren't what you were hoping for.

Good luck! We'll be looking for numbers.

Oh yeah, here's a good pic of Pikachu and her Evil Twin at Byron a couple of years ago.
Attached Thumbnails Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners-pikachubyron.jpg  

Last edited by the-moss; Apr 6, 2006 at 04:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners