Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2006, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good points about the ET. That gets me every time I race. I need to remember that
Old Apr 6, 2006, 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

ok, got it. don't worry about the green light or the tool next to me....run my own race...give it hell....i'm shooting for 9's LMAO
Old Apr 6, 2006, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

haha I've been f'n around with the ems... yea... way over my head
Old Apr 6, 2006, 11:39 PM

I rule - Just installed my new Alpine 9857 head unit tonight all by myself. I feel so proud. Okay, it’s not THAT big of an accomplishment but pretty good for someone who’s easily intimidated by electrical projects. Thanks for the advice over the phone Brian!

The two most annoying parts of the project were:
(1) Trying to unplug the stock head unit because the wiring was so short that I could barely get my hand behind to detach the stock wiring harness.
(2) One of the screws on the head unit mounting kit got stripped when I was trying to move it over to the Alpine unit! I almost thought that did me in but I pulled out the trusty dremmel tool and cut a nice deep grove in the screw for a flathead screwdriver. Worked like a charm.

I’ll post some pictures tomorrow.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 01:07 AM
Evolving Member

im going down to the track on saturday or sunday, not sure when yet.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dremel is the bomb! I've only had one for like 3 weeks and there are so many uses for it.

I especially like the small grinding wheels you can get.

Originally Posted by itrsport.com
I rule - Just installed my new Alpine 9857 head unit tonight all by myself. I feel so proud. Okay, it’s not THAT big of an accomplishment but pretty good for someone who’s easily intimidated by electrical projects. Thanks for the advice over the phone Brian!

(1) Trying to unplug the stock head unit because the wiring was so short that I could barely get my hand behind to detach the stock wiring harness.
(2) One of the screws on the head unit mounting kit got stripped when I was trying to move it over to the Alpine unit! I almost thought that did me in but I pulled out the trusty dremmel tool and cut a nice deep grove in the screw for a flathead screwdriver. Worked like a charm.

Old Apr 7, 2006, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

Morning fochers!!!

Does anyone get discounts on winches?
Old Apr 7, 2006, 07:21 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by itrsport.com

No problem... even though all I said was "I got my hand in there, yank harder".
Old Apr 7, 2006, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Josh, good to here it went ok, i was unable to answer my phone b/c i was at Romines, sorry.

On an other note, if any one is interested in a set of custom Ti valve spring retainers let me know, i can't get a price for sure right now until i know how many people want in. the more sets, the cheaper. I can say for sure that the price will be able to match/beat the price of other big competitors in the market. And don't be mistook, the company i am working with has a great reputation for producing GOOD QUALITY enigne parts such as pistons, connecting rods, retainers for GM vehicals, ect.

These will help with higher revs.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 10:22 AM

No problem Ryan!

Originally Posted by laakness
Dremel is the bomb! I've only had one for like 3 weeks and there are so many uses for it.

I especially like the small grinding wheels you can get.
Haha, my first thought was a power drill! However, that would have been catastrophic for the stock head unit.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 10:35 AM

Where do all of you wisconsinites go get your car tune? I live in Central Wisconsin so where will it be the closes place? Madison, Milwaukee? and what shop, any recommendations?
Old Apr 7, 2006, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

A lot of us do are own tuning, but some people drive to AMS
Old Apr 7, 2006, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TyEvo8
Where do all of you wisconsinites go get your car tune? I live in Central Wisconsin so where will it be the closes place? Madison, Milwaukee? and what shop, any recommendations?
I had a mail in dynoflash and then a custom flash when Al came to Chicago.
Old Apr 7, 2006, 11:05 AM

I'm thinking about getting the Buschur stage 1 and I don't know any place up here to help me set it up. I heard a lot of good things about his package, what do some of you think. I can't decide to go for vishnu stage 1, buschur stage 1, or AMS stage 1. Any advice will be a great help...anyways how fast are some of your running anyway?
Old Apr 7, 2006, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

sooo i went back up north and i went to go visit those amish guys that pulled me out of the ditch.... so heres a 007 pic of them and a pic of my car in theyre buggy driveway haha....the drive was fun though, the roads are awesome

i also have a show and shine thread going with some more pics i took.

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners