Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2006, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Fireball
You're right, about having no experience, but what I've heard and seen, is when people try to mess with it, after the initial tune, things to bad quickly. If you don't touch it, it's as safe as any other flash.

My point for Josh, is that why spend all that money to get something that IF something DOES go wrong, you are out of luck. Or if you want it changed in the future, it can be done, most likely, for a lot less than another full tune.
So you are saying that it is as safe as any other flash if you don't add more mods, but more dangerous than another flash if you do?

Again, can you give us specific examples of what you have seen?
Old Apr 17, 2006, 08:30 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by the-moss
So you are saying that it is as safe as any other flash if you don't add more mods, but more dangerous than another flash if you do?

Again, can you give us specific examples of what you have seen?
Again, I'm saying, when some person other than someone like Shiv starts messing with it, it's not very easy, or safe to change.

And again, like I said, I don't have personal experience with it, just stories from a couple of the best tuners in the country who have tried fixing problems with them, with no success.

And YET again, I said what I said, because it doesn't make sense to get a product, primarily only supported by some guy out in CA who very seldomly visits here, while there are many other tuners, who I personally would trust a LOT more, are almost local to here.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 08:35 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

And if you would read the posts that actually get deleted before things are read... you'd know that he starts and instigates a LOT more fights on here, than even Al...

And for laughs...

http://buschurforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15475
Old Apr 17, 2006, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

1 - You made it sound like you have personally seen bad things happen
2 - It's a flash. No one can mess with the tune unless you have reflashing hardware.
3 - I think most people would agree that Shiv IS one of the best tuners in the country
4 - There are no tuners local to here. Nobody who if your car doesn't start, can come and quickly diagnose it for you.
5 - Of course you trust Buschur more than Shiv, you know that Buschur has touched your car and not f*cked it up just like Shiv has touched mine and not f*cked it up. There is a level of comfort there. I actually don't think either tuner is any more likely to cause you problems than the other.
6 - Don't you sell Buschur products through Renner? Doesn't that make it in your interests for your customers to establish that level of comfort with Buschur? As you said, we've all heard "I'm going to stop at just a flash" a thousand times.
7 - What does who starts more fights have to do with anything? I would say it was probably about equal though.
8 - You say that Shiv starts more fights, then post a link to a thread on a Buschur forum started by Dave, bashing Shiv.

Last edited by the-moss; Apr 17, 2006 at 08:49 AM.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 08:54 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Boy, it sure sounds like you really get a burr up your *** when someone says something about Vishnu... why's that?

Actually I wasn't talkin about having Josh to go Buschur anyways, but thanks for playing.

And about diagnosing problems? I get a number of phone calls every day about people asking me what to do next, or why their car is doing this and I've been pretty good at figuring it out.

Again, maybe I was a little too harsh in my comments about Vishnu, but given the fairly local tuners WHO have been in business longer, WHO will stand behind their products if you want to proceed further in the future, WHO have been doing it longer than Vishnu, that's why I recommend them.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

I would have responded the same way had you said something like "Don't buy an STi, trust me".

We have gone from "Vishnu makes cheap un-safe stuff" to "Vishnu is as safe as anyone else but is based a long way from here". Quite the turn around.

Misinformation is a terrible terrible thing. Especially when it comes from somebody that rightly or wrongly has a reputation in some peoples eyes as being very knowledgeable and possibly has a financial stake in the choice.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 09:06 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I would have responded the same way had you said something like "Don't buy an STi, trust me".

We have gone from "Vishnu makes cheap un-safe stuff" to "Vishnu is as safe as anyone else but is based a long way from here". Quite the turn around.

Misinformation is a terrible terrible thing. Especially when it comes from somebody that rightly or wrongly has a reputation in some peoples eyes as being very knowledgeable and possibly has a financial stake in the choice.
It was the easiest way to not start a holy war, as it seems you wanted too. My original points still stand:

1) I've heard/read 10 to 1, horror stories of Vishnu vs the competition.

2) I think that with AMS being LOCAL (yes, I consider them local) and Buschur not far away, WHY would you consider doing a custom flash from some guy in CA.

3) I trust Martin or David 10000% more than Vishnu. And no, I don't have an AMS flash, but I've seen what Martin can do, and have sent a LOT of people down there, with 100% satisfaction.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Let's not fight ladies

I wouldn't like it either if some one told me the parts on my car are not good based on 'stories' from others while I have had nothing but good from them.

If Vishnu had made a Chicago trip and did a big Milwaukee flash first...or had one of their employees come up and hang out on a weekend then we'd probably be having a more level-headed debate.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Dynoflash, but the internet **** fights are getting old. I'm sure all of them make more money than they can spend at the prices they are charging
Old Apr 17, 2006, 09:09 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Ok, lets just turn this completely around for a second...

What benefit is there to a Vishnu flash? (In Josh's case)
Old Apr 17, 2006, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

From an unbiased stand point, he gets a mail in flash for a Lancer Evolution that many others have gotten and like.

From a biased stand point I could say that Dynoflash is the best cause I have it and like the results...but I've never had Vishnu, so I can't really say that can I?

For Josh's sake, he has people that he knows in Milwaukee that have and like Vishnu, Dynoflash, and Buschur parts/services so he's in a great position to make a preference decision for himself...

Just my opinion.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 09:16 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by laakness
From an unbiased stand point, he gets a mail in flash for a Lancer Evolution that many others have gotten and like.

From a biased stand point I could say that Dynoflash is the best cause I have it and like the results...but I've never had Vishnu, so I can't really say that can I?

For Josh's sake, he has people that he knows in Milwaukee that have and like Vishnu, Dynoflash, and Buschur parts/services so he's in a great position to make a preference decision for himself...

Just my opinion.
I'd agree with what you said. But it just seems from the get-go, regardless of anyone's opinion, however skewed it may be... Vishnu is the best.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Oh, gotcha...

I wasn't trying to argue they are the best...I think Dynoflash is the best..so far for me
Old Apr 17, 2006, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

Ok, lets just turn this completely around for a second...

What benefit is there to a Vishnu flash? (In Josh's case)
Absolutely none, Other than the dynoday coming around in his timeframe, and on his budget. which I have never contested.

What I was contesting was your statement of "it's cheap fast stuff, not safe and not user-friendly", "don't buy vishnu, trust me". What some examples of the "Many bad things I have seen", and your possible reasons for saying that with absolutely no evidence other than heresay.

Find one place where I have ever bad-mouthed another vendor, or said anything bad about a product that I have not had installed on my car. In fact in this thread I think somebody (possibly MikeMan) asked about the pros and cons of Xede vs. Utec. I told him that I really like my Xede but weigh in the fact that there are people (dryad) local to here that have a lot of experience with the Utec. If you make it sound like you are speaking from experience then you should be.

Oh here's one. Demonstrated longevity. I have already posted how many events and miles my car has had on Vishnu products. I forgot to mention that it has probably 70 1/4 mile passes on it too. Is there another local car that has the same miles and events on another vendor's product. (All miles and events I have stated are with the mods, total miles are 74,000 and add 3 autocrosses and about 10 drag passes when the car was stock).

Last edited by the-moss; Apr 17, 2006 at 09:33 AM.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 09:37 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Absolutely none, Other than the dynoday coming around in his timeframe, and on his budget. which I have never contested.
Then my initial statement should have been changed...

I've seen the benefits and successes with other products, locally, than Vishnu. I've personally even had a number of them and used them and have been VERY happy.

Dyndays happen every day, of every week at AMS, just call them to schedule an appt. Pricing is exactly the same. Even given the flashes are identical, having Martin, someone who has MANY more years of experience, local like they are, is a huge benefit in my opinion.

And I do personally know of a couple cars, who have as many miles, and track times as your car, with the competitive vendors flashes. Well, pretty close, and about the same odometer miles.

I should have started out, with what benefit is there with a Vishnu flash vs someone else local. The answer, none.
Old Apr 17, 2006, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

Then my initial statement should have been changed...

I've seen the benefits and successes with other products, locally, than Vishnu. I've personally even had a number of them and used them and have been VERY happy.

Dyndays happen every day, of every week at AMS, just call them to schedule an appt. Pricing is exactly the same. Even given the flashes are identical, having Martin, someone who has MANY more years of experience, local like they are, is a huge benefit in my opinion.

And I do personally know of a couple cars, who have as many miles, and track times as your car, with the competitive vendors flashes. Well, pretty close, and about the same odometer miles.

I should have started out, with what benefit is there with a Vishnu flash vs someone else local. The answer, none.
And had you left it at that then I wouldn't have jumped on your nuts.

Just like I didn't when all you said was this:

I'd rather spend the money at AMS or Buschur.

If you have Vishnu stuff on your car, they're not going to want to do anything to it.

I trust Martin's tuning skills infinitely more than someone like Vishnu.

And why would you spend money on something that won't have ANY local support, when one of the country's top premier tuners is right down the road??

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners