Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2006, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Bill
Old May 3, 2006, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you strangle the dousche bags in question yet?

Hey Mike, what clutch do you have in your car? I couldnt rememeber. I am considering the ACT Extreme, but was also contenplating the Exedy Single. have you had either of theses? I have heard pretty good things about the ACT from the value standpoint, and I know a few Locals run it and say nothing but good things. I dont want to spend 2 Grand on a clutch.
Old May 3, 2006, 06:44 AM
Evolved Member

Watch Part 1 and 2 Then see the music video.

Funny Sh*t
Old May 3, 2006, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by newimportowner
Did you strangle the dousche bags in question yet?

Hey Mike, what clutch do you have in your car? I couldnt rememeber. I am considering the ACT Extreme, but was also contenplating the Exedy Single. have you had either of theses? I have heard pretty good things about the ACT from the value standpoint, and I know a few Locals run it and say nothing but good things. I dont want to spend 2 Grand on a clutch.
From what I heard, ACT isn't all that great once you get into the higher rpms. it's harder to go into gears I heard.
Old May 3, 2006, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by fcheng118
From what I heard, ACT isn't all that great once you get into the higher rpms. it's harder to go into gears I heard.
Really, I hadnt heard that before, But its good info. What are you running?
Old May 3, 2006, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

morning biatch's, Pete is right, the ACT sometimes has problems with "gear lock out" which is how some people put it. Pretty much not letting you go into the next gear under heavy load conditions......but this doesn't happen to often. Personally i have always loved Exedy.....from other clutch's i have drivin' i have concluded that Exedy is the best
Old May 3, 2006, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

alright, off to work, i'll be back to BS later today!
Old May 3, 2006, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nez136
morning biatch's, Pete is right, the ACT sometimes has problems with "gear lock out" which is how some people put it. Pretty much not letting you go into the next gear under heavy load conditions......but this doesn't happen to often. Personally i have always loved Exedy.....from other clutch's i have drivin' i have concluded that Exedy is the best
Single or Double Exedy out of curiosity? The single is like 1400 bucks and the double is like 1700$ for mettalic. Would I be better to spend a few hundred more on the double?

if that act has trouble at High RPM, that would really suck considering thats where I want to be shifting....No?
Old May 3, 2006, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Single or Double Exedy out of curiosity? The single is like 1400 bucks and the double is like 1700$ for mettalic. Would I be better to spend a few hundred more on the double?

if that act has trouble at High RPM, that would really suck considering thats where I want to be shifting....No?
I ordered an Exedy Twin for $1479 shipped from No limit Motorsports. Should be here on thursday or friday. You get a lightend flywheel with the package so really your paying 900 for a good twin disk and 600 for the flywheel(which is a must)..

Yes Bill, high RPM's is where you want to be shifting
Old May 3, 2006, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nez136
I ordered an Exedy Twin for $1479 shipped from No limit Motorsports. Should be here on thursday or friday. You get a lightend flywheel with the package so really your paying 900 for a good twin disk and 600 for the flywheel(which is a must)..

Yes Bill, high RPM's is where you want to be shifting
Thats a great price for that clutch. Who are you having install it? are there any worries about the Trans with this clutch?
Old May 3, 2006, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Thats a great price for that clutch. Who are you having install it? are there any worries about the Trans with this clutch?
No worries with the trans. i would have nodbody else than renner or AMS do the clutch install b/c of the ACD and i heard the 6 speed is a biatch!
Old May 3, 2006, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

So Nez Being the upstanding citizen you are, When are you getting this installed, and do you think i could check it out once its in. People are freaking me out telling me about the noise its going to make and Trans is going to explode and...well you get the idea. My clutch is still holding up, but it is probably not long for this world too much longer.
Old May 3, 2006, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the ACT Extreme. I don't like it. I think it is an underdeveloped clutch, meaning they have a higher clamp force than any other clutch out there (2900lbs) This makes for a left leg work out, the pedal is much more firm than I would like it. The high rpm lock-out is a major PITA and it hapens all the time. It happened at the drag strip with Nez in the car. I would steer clear of this clutch and if you have the money go with a Tilton or ATS. Much better design than the Exedy and they have been proven over the last few decades. I have driven a tilton, ATS, and an Exedy clutch and still my favorite for pedal modulation comfort and grip has to go to the Tilton followed by the ATS. The Tilton loves high rpm shifting, and it will never miss the gear thanks to the hyd. TOB. There is no more slave cylinder or clutch fork. It's a push type clutch which makes it a tad easier to modulate than the ATS or Exedy.

The ACT is crap and I would never recommend one to anyone. It maight make for a decent street disk but for racing applications it sucks. Like I said it has a higher clamp load than any other ctuch out there, thats how they claim it can handle 497lb/ft of tq. If I could do it all over again I would have went back to a stock cutch, never had a problem with that until the hp started to rise above 320whp.

Forgot to add the tilton is only 100-150 more than the exedy twin
Old May 3, 2006, 08:19 AM
Evolved Member

So Nez Being the upstanding citizen you are, When are you getting this installed, and do you think i could check it out once its in. People are freaking me out telling me about the noise its going to make and Trans is going to explode and...well you get the idea. My clutch is still holding up, but it is probably not long for this world too much longer.
The noise that the clutch makes is just the disk's chattering together, it does NO HARM to the trans. I had one in my last car and it was f'in awesome! I will be getting mine installed next week.
Old May 3, 2006, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dryad001
I have the ACT Extreme. I don't like it. I think it is an underdeveloped clutch, meaning they have a higher clamp force than any other clutch out there (2900lbs) This makes for a left leg work out, the pedal is much more firm than I would like it. The high rpm lock-out is a major PITA and it hapens all the time. It happened at the drag strip with Nez in the car. I would steer clear of this clutch and if you have the money go with a Tilton or ATS. Much better design than the Exedy and they have been proven over the last few decades. I have driven a tilton, ATS, and an Exedy clutch and still my favorite for pedal modulation comfort and grip has to go to the Tilton followed by the ATS. The Tilton loves high rpm shifting, and it will never miss the gear thanks to the hyd. TOB. There is no more slave cylinder or clutch fork. It's a push type clutch which makes it a tad easier to modulate than the ATS or Exedy.

The ACT is crap and I would never recommend one to anyone. It maight make for a decent street disk but for racing applications it sucks. Like I said it has a higher clamp load than any other ctuch out there, thats how they claim it can handle 497lb/ft of tq. If I could do it all over again I would have went back to a stock cutch, never had a problem with that until the hp started to rise above 320whp.

Forgot to add the tilton is only 100-150 more than the exedy twin
I would never rule out Exedy in that line up, Exedy clutch's have also proven themselfs....really, the difference will be minimal depending on torque. The feel to the exedy is almost like stock. My '03.....over 40 launches with no slipping or burning clutch smell. It was unbreakable.

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners