Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2006, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MidniteEco
I'm going too. Hopefully after your tuning help yesterday and a little lower tire pressure, I can get into the 12's where my car should be.

It feels sooooo good now with that new timing map.
Hey Mike, what is the best time you ever ran? Because before I had my cams put in, I ran a 13.00@ 107mph, on all seasons in January when it was 25 degrees out side. It could have did a high 12 but I was granny shifting. Martin at AMS said after he tuned my car and installed cams, it should trap 114mph or so now. I am hoping for a deep 12 with it as it sits. You should be in the 11's....Yes?
Old May 4, 2006, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Did yo uguys see this?

KEWL
Old May 4, 2006, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by newimportowner
Hey Mike, what is the best time you ever ran? Because before I had my cams put in, I ran a 13.00@ 107mph, on all seasons in January when it was 25 degrees out side. It could have did a high 12 but I was granny shifting. Martin at AMS said after he tuned my car and installed cams, it should trap 114mph or so now. I am hoping for a deep 12 with it as it sits. You should be in the 11's....Yes?
I was not too impressed with Martin's tuning of my car. It was nice to get a base map to start with, but I'm not thrilled it cost me nearly $500. The car is running a lot stronger now than it did the nights I drove it back from AMS.
The only upgrades I have done since then are an exhaust header and intercooler. I have just been fine tuning the AFR's all week and Mike made some serious timing changes last night.
Old May 4, 2006, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

I was not too impressed with Martin's tuning of my car. It was nice to get a base map to start with, but I'm not thrilled it cost me nearly $500. The car is running a lot stronger now than it did the nights I drove it back from AMS.
The only upgrades I have done since then are an exhaust header and intercooler. I have just been fine tuning the AFR's all week and Mike made some serious timing changes last night.

He did pretty good job on mine. he also had it on there for like 3.5 hours though too. the thing I was confused about, and maybe you guys could shed some light on, ity the dyno curve is not smooth. Kind of wavy towards the top end 5k + RPM. almost looks like a saw tooth. The car run freakin awesome, but I have a clutch on its way out.
Old May 4, 2006, 07:44 AM

He did pretty good job on mine. he also had it on there for like 3.5 hours though too. the thing I was confused about, and maybe you guys could shed some light on, ity the dyno curve is not smooth. Kind of wavy towards the top end 5k + RPM. almost looks like a saw tooth. The car run freakin awesome, but I have a clutch on its way out.
Hmmm. Mine had a spike at about 5k, but was pretty smooth again after that. If the clutch was slipping and grabbing, you could get wierd results, but I would expect the clutch to slip in peak torque range, not above 5k.
Interesting you mention the clutch going out though - a friend drove my car the night we brought it back from AMS and said the clutch felt wierd - a couple days later it was slipping and was pretty much gone within 2 weeks. To be fair though, that clutch was only 3 months old and never felt right since the day it was installed.
Old May 4, 2006, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Hmmm. Mine had a spike at about 5k, but was pretty smooth again after that. If the clutch was slipping and grabbing, you could get wierd results, but I would expect the clutch to slip in peak torque range, not above 5k.
Interesting you mention the clutch going out though - a friend drove my car the night we brought it back from AMS and said the clutch felt wierd - a couple days later it was slipping and was pretty much gone within 2 weeks. To be fair though, that clutch was only 3 months old and never felt right since the day it was installed.

Good point about the clutch. The dyno curve is perfectly smooth to about 4 grand where the torque peaks at 317. then torque curve gets wavy. the H.P. curve is pretty smooth to about 4800 then gets wavy.

Here i will atached a really bad picture taken with my cell phone of my dyno sheet.

Click Here
Old May 4, 2006, 08:13 AM

This is my Panda, or a Skunk like dryadd and midnighteco would call it.

Last edited by fcheng118; May 4, 2006 at 08:54 AM.
Old May 4, 2006, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

it looks purdy!!
Old May 4, 2006, 08:14 AM

Here i will atached a really bad picture taken with my cell phone of my dyno sheet.
I guess I'll have to take a look when I get home. The content filter here at work thinks your dyno sheet is ****.
Old May 4, 2006, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by Nez136
it looks purdy!!
Hi friend, you like my chicken last night?
Old May 4, 2006, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by fcheng118
This is my Panda, or a Skunk like dryadd and midnighteco would call it.
Hey, sometimes's it's stinky like a skunk.
Old May 4, 2006, 08:20 AM

I think you're in the wrong room for that conversation.
Old May 4, 2006, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

It was very good, thank you friend!
Old May 4, 2006, 08:33 AM

I think you're in the wrong room for that conversation.
The hell is wrong with it? just asking how the chicken tasted, get your perverted mind out of you a$$ now aite.
Old May 4, 2006, 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The hell is wrong with it? just asking how the chicken tasted, get your perverted mind out of you a$$ now aite.

We all know Nick might be a little

23 kills so far today

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners