Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2006, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Nez136
My clutch is great, not complaints at all! Laak, ask pete maybe Steve would be interested in a clutch install

Well, I want Renner to do it because there is accountability there. I was just giving Fireball **** for advertising something that Service dept. will not honor.
Old May 18, 2006, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh and i dont think I've ever torn out of my driveway cause my mom would have a coniption (sp?)
Old May 18, 2006, 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by laakness
Well, I want Renner to do it because there is accountability there. I was just giving Fireball **** for advertising something that Service dept. will not honor.
its not worth it the extra cash
Old May 18, 2006, 11:25 AM

Steve does good jobs, if any of you guys wanted something done and don't wanna do it yourself. His price is really good.
Old May 18, 2006, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

its not worth it the extra cash
Doesn't AMS charge like $800???
Old May 18, 2006, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Big Boost
+1 on the whole snake thing - I never heard about that before....

OK OK the snake has no fangs. Constrictors don't even really have teeth, they have little hirs in their mouth which grab onto the prey and secure it. Now venemus snakes have fangs so they can quickly strike at their prey and quickly move away because their bodies are much less hearty then a constrictor, they use the venom as their mode of killing where a constrictor sufficates the prey.

Now the whole trick of having a CONSTRICTOR release from you if they wont let go, is to get warm water which calms them and puor it over their body. After I did that she let go within seconds and seemed normal again. So I put her in the kitchen sink to swim around for a while.

if you get bit by a venemous snake you are pretty much f'ed unless you can find some anti-venom quickly, and also depending on what type of viper bit you. I have been thinking about getting a pit viper (picture below) because they don't get very big (in my standards) or are a very aggressive animal

Pit viper:

I have been also thinking about getting a green tree boa because I have wanted one for quite some time but they get pricy for a good quality snake, right around 750-2k for a decent one. these snakes are very very docile, even more than mine and just sit coiled up on a branch all day until you feed them. Their markings are unbeleviable and you have a wide array of colors to choose from. Im trying to learn about their stripes on their back and see how the price refelcts them, so far it seems the more stripes the more $$$. These snakes are true killers, they take the prey from the floor and bring it back up into their coils in the branches above, plus they just look badass.

Old May 18, 2006, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BuLocal
Are you talking about the hood release inside the car or the latch under the hood?
Hood release inside the car. The one near the drivers left knee.

There are two screws that hold the latch to the dash. I just need to know which screws those are.
Old May 18, 2006, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dryad001
OK OK the snake has no fangs. Constrictors don't even really have teeth, they have little hirs in their mouth which grab onto the prey and secure it. Now venemus snakes have fangs so they can quickly strike at their prey and quickly move away because their bodies are much less hearty then a constrictor, they use the venom as their mode of killing where a constrictor sufficates the prey.

Now the whole trick of having a CONSTRICTOR release from you if they wont let go, is to get warm water which calms them and puor it over their body. After I did that she let go within seconds and seemed normal again. So I put her in the kitchen sink to swim around for a while.

if you get bit by a venemous snake you are pretty much f'ed unless you can find some anti-venom quickly, and also depending on what type of viper bit you. I have been thinking about getting a pit viper (picture below) because they don't get very big (in my standards) or are a very aggressive animal

Pit viper:

I have been also thinking about getting a green tree boa because I have wanted one for quite some time but they get pricy for a good quality snake, right around 750-2k for a decent one. these snakes are very very docile, even more than mine and just sit coiled up on a branch all day until you feed them. Their markings are unbeleviable and you have a wide array of colors to choose from. Im trying to learn about their stripes on their back and see how the price refelcts them, so far it seems the more stripes the more $$$. These snakes are true killers, they take the prey from the floor and bring it back up into their coils in the branches above, plus they just look badass.

so how tight did it get? I mean were you running to get water? Or was it "damnit, here we go again."??
Old May 18, 2006, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Nah she didn't get a chance to coil around my hand this time. I caught the rest of her body with my other hand. The bite doesn't hurt, feels like someone very lightly pinched you. Im sure if she thought it was food, the bite would have been harder and faster movement from her body. A Lot of people saw how fast she can strike on here, and if you blink its pretty much the entire show.
Old May 18, 2006, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Hey Bolsen, did you still need the pics? Im gonna run outside and take some real quick if ya do.

Also, for the cluch install you could call Adam at Devotuning. He will do it on the weekend if ya need him to. He is very fast and does great work for good prices.

Lastly, is anyone going to the track tomorrow? Im trying to figure out if there is gonna be anyone else out there that I can meet up with. I still need to boostleak the stupid pos and hope it helps the boost taper. Otherwise its gonna be another 28psi run but even if it is oh well. Should still be able to hit my stupid 10
Old May 18, 2006, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bolsen
Hood release inside the car. The one near the drivers left knee.

There are two screws that hold the latch to the dash. I just need to know which screws those are.
Hope this helps....

Old May 18, 2006, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Oh and for the snake thing, with my snakes I always used alcohol... they dont like that stuff near thier face
Old May 18, 2006, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Funny you said that honni, I was just making adjustments with my map. I have Pulled 2% more fuel and have added about 4* of timing to my whole map....starting to feel healthy!

i swear about 5$ in gas was on my hood after the drive home...my claybar is now brown haha
Old May 18, 2006, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TrinaBabe
Lastly, is anyone going to the track tomorrow? Im trying to figure out if there is gonna be anyone else out there that I can meet up with. I still need to boostleak the stupid pos and hope it helps the boost taper. Otherwise its gonna be another 28psi run but even if it is oh well. Should still be able to hit my stupid 10

I'll be there no matter what. Im hopeing that someone would come down and video the runs.
Old May 18, 2006, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

I have a video camera but it gets picky sometimes Ill film some runs though.

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners