Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2006, 10:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by the-moss
You'll be fine with that, I actually use all-seasons all year. I can get by on them in the snow, but snow tires are a lot better. Studded tires are actually illegal on the street. But on frozen lakes.... The freaking ROCK!!!
if i can locate some stock 8 rims + some tires i would sell my stock rims and blizzak WS50's if anyone was interested....cost around $900 and only have about 3000 miles on them.....

mike
Old May 24, 2006, 10:48 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Well, it's finally in:

And for all you negative nancy's, save it. I've heard it all.

My comments are, I plan to race this fall. This is called prep. I chose this roll bar because it offers infinitely more safety than a "harness bar", and I didn't want the hassle of a full cage. And my roll bar cost me less than any of your "harness bars".

If someone wants to borrow me money for new brakes, I'd be happy to start my racing adventures sooner than fall. That's about the last part of my prep.
Old May 24, 2006, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by Fireball
My comments are, I plan to race this fall. This is called prep. I chose this roll bar because it offers infinitely more safety than a "harness bar", and I didn't want the hassle of a full cage. And my roll bar cost me less than any of your "harness bars".
Well, I would get a cage or roll bar too, but I use my back seat. I don't intend my harness bar to protect me in a roll over; I bought it to hold me in place for autocross.
Old May 24, 2006, 11:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
By racing I assume you mean lapping days. You are going to want to put a harness on the passenger side too. Most clubs have 'equal safety rules' where an instructor riding along has to have equal sefety equipment as the driver.

You are right, harness bars give you nothing in terms of roll over protection, but all the cars I've seen on here only autocross and the likelyhood of a rollover is very slim, a cage should not be used on a street car unless you plan on wearing a helmet every time you drive the car on the street. In my opinion a cage on a street car is worse than harnesses without a roll bar on a tracked car.
Old May 24, 2006, 11:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MidniteEco
Well, I would get a cage or roll bar too, but I use my back seat. I don't intend my harness bar to protect me in a roll over; I bought it to hold me in place for autocross.
While a harness bar keeps the back seat usable I think it makes it unsafe do be used. I'll still probably ride around in the back seat of one though, just like I rode around in Nez's car testing the new turbo with no seatbelt on. Stupid of me. But the things you do when you are young and dumb.
Old May 24, 2006, 11:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fireball
Well, it's finally in:
And for all you negative nancy's, save it. I've heard it all.

If someone wants to borrow me money for new brakes, I'd be happy to start my racing adventures sooner than fall. That's about the last part of my prep.
I dont know man, I think it looked nicer in the back of my car
Old May 25, 2006, 01:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fcheng118
Hey thanks honni, did a great job.

Honni did such a nice job, I actually had him clean my prelude also. Thanks...
no problem pete....anything for edward noodle hands
Old May 25, 2006, 01:31 AM

Well the 20G is in, thanks for Nick and Honni with all the help, especially Nick. What a pal..

Runs good and pulls hard, just needs some tuning from dryad and I'll be a damn happy...
Old May 25, 2006, 01:38 AM
Evolved Member

yeah thanks to nick, pete, thanks for mike for playing with my car and thanks to pete for the beer and food today and thanks to nick for the crank pulley and radiator hose install...

Nick really worked his *** off tonight.... he knows where to come for his next wash cause its on the house, shiny rally red is the best rally red

Last edited by Honni414; May 25, 2006 at 09:10 AM.
Old May 25, 2006, 04:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bolsen
Not on your car, I'm talking about Mack's. But if you give me a vid of 15 seconds of 9K, I'll buy you a case of beer.
where the hell did my car get into this at all???

oh, and good morning ladies
Old May 25, 2006, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by fcheng118
Well the 20G is in, thanks for Nick and Honni with all the help, especially Nick. What a pal..

Runs good and pulls hard, just needs some tuning from dryad and I'll be a damn happy...
Originally Posted by Honni414
yeah thanks to nick, pete, mikey, and andy.... yes andy i know you werent there but you provided me with a dynoflash thanks for mike for flashing my ECU and thanks to pete for the beer and food today and thanks to nick for the crank pulley and radiator hose install...

Nick really worked his *** off tonight.... he knows where to come for his next wash cause its on the house, shiny rally red is the best rally red
No problem, guys. Was one he|| of a long night, though. I'm runnin' on about one hour of sleep today.
Should make my meetings pretty interesting.
Old May 25, 2006, 05:26 AM
Evolved Member

Everyone have a good memorial day. I'll be checking in once and a while cause the condo I'm at is supposed to have wireless.

Glad your turbo is running well Pete
Old May 25, 2006, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

Morning fochers!!
Old May 25, 2006, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CArkid0101
lol, like every other evo with exhaust?
Open wastgate
Old May 25, 2006, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

poop

Last edited by Honni414; May 25, 2006 at 10:12 AM.

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners