Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2006, 10:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by newimportowner
Wll i dont have the light hooked up yet. those are other leads. there is a wire coming from the sending unit, a ground, and a switchable 12v. i just dont want to drain my battery, but i think it must be normal f your does it too.
I would expect that with a mechanical guage like BuLocal said, but I would not expect that with an electronic guage. The sending unit and guage should be powered off when you shut off the ignition, so there would be no power to move the needle.
Which wire (color and location) did you tap to get power for the guage and/or sending unit?
Old Jun 19, 2006, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MidniteEco
I would expect that with a mechanical guage like BuLocal said, but I would not expect that with an electronic guage. The sending unit and guage should be powered off when you shut off the ignition, so there would be no power to move the needle.
Which wire (color and location) did you tap to get power for the guage and/or sending unit?
Midnite is correct. If it's still reading temp after the car is off, you're running a constant 12v feed. Double check you tapped off a switched wire.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
......so yesterday after one of my runs i get back into my car and find a 30 amp fuse on the floor. im pretty sure its from my cig lighter cause when i push it in it just pops right back out..

if anyone could get me a pic of the interior fusebox i would appreciate it
Old Jun 19, 2006, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Is it the one on the opposite side of the lil storage compartment?
Old Jun 19, 2006, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

The wire from the sending unit goes directly to one of the taps on the gauge itself. another one is an engine ground. the 12 volt i picked up from the fuse panel with the upper left fuse with should be the ignition.

I dont think it should be reading either, but i thought i would ask some experts.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Honni414
......so yesterday after one of my runs i get back into my car and find a 30 amp fuse on the floor. im pretty sure its from my cig lighter cause when i push it in it just pops right back out..

if anyone could get me a pic of the interior fusebox i would appreciate it
Honni,
If you're looking to see which fuse is which and what sizes, I thought there was a diagram on the side of that storage compartment, otherwise in the owner's manual.
If not, I'm gonna be up at the shop later and we could take a look.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 11:32 AM

The wire from the sending unit goes directly to one of the taps on the gauge itself. another one is an engine ground. the 12 volt i picked up from the fuse panel with the upper left fuse with should be the ignition.

I dont think it should be reading either, but i thought i would ask some experts.
It's possible that the fuse you took power from is on the unswitched side of the key switch. In other words, power goes from the battery to the fuse, then to the key switch. Some fuses are before the key switch, some are after - I would have to check the service manual or test the line to tell which is which.

If you want to stop by the shop tonight, we could take a look.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 11:52 AM
Ink
Evolving Member

Honni,
If you're looking to see which fuse is which and what sizes, I thought there was a diagram on the side of that storage compartment, otherwise in the owner's manual.
If not, I'm gonna be up at the shop later and we could take a look.

Afternoon All
Hope this helps Honni.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Ink
Afternoon All
Hope this helps Honni.
Awesome, thanks man! That will also help for the guage question too.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by the-moss
A lot of people here like Big Bear in Oconomowoc. If you want to stay in the area I would probably give Mraz a call. They are probably expensive but will give you any alignment you want and will do a good job.
So Big Bear wont give you any alignment you want?
Old Jun 19, 2006, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

good afternoon gentlemen. anyone know of a wingless GG MR heading southbound on 45 around wisconsin ave this morning around 9:30??
Old Jun 19, 2006, 11:57 AM

Well, I looked at the picture Ink posted and the service manual and the fuse you used *is* after the switch, so it should cut off power when the key is off. If you want to verify, stop by the shop and we'll check it with a tester.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by maverick92482
Honestly I don't know, I have never been there. But there is a difference between getting the spec you asked for and what some tech thinks is 'close enough'.

Also if you just ask for an agressive alignment, what International Auto's considers an aggressive alignment and what Kelley Moss Motorsports considers an aggressive alignment vary wildly.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by maverick92482
Yeah, they will.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by mack4477
good afternoon gentlemen. anyone know of a wingless GG MR heading southbound on 45 around wisconsin ave this morning around 9:30??
Taking the wing off an Evo is like castrating the poor car. It just never quite a real Evo again.

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners