Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2006, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah im waiting for the clear coat to dry so i can start on the other two but im not going out till the new chapelles show is done... and if anyone wants theyre rims done just PM me and we can work out a price, i can also touch up chipped calipers.
Old Jul 9, 2006, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rims look great honni, the clearcoat will give it a nice gloss look along with protecting it; just make sure to put enough coats on so it can withstand the rocks and other wisconsin road hazards. If you painted the mitsu centercap they would look identical to mine, damn copy-cat!

So i am forsure going down to AMS on the 18th and 19th....and now i am comtemplating something a LIIIIIIIIITLE bigger...the AMS FMIC.
AMS is running a special on their FMICs for roughly $600, would you guys think it would be worth it? I am taking the car down there three days after my birthday so i will have some birthday loot.
So is the AMS intercooler worth it? Will i see a performance gain or loss with the added size and larger core? I am just thinking if i am going to do it in the future, why not do it now when the car is down there and the price is low? Someone talk me into or out of getting it!
Old Jul 9, 2006, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

521 threads with "ams fmic" in it.
Old Jul 9, 2006, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

thanks chris..... and your lawyer was verry unprofessional when i went there... he was with another client in the time he told me to be there, i waited 45 minutes and he still didnt even come out to say "hey ill just be a little longer" or anything, his secratary asked me if i wanted to wait anymore or just have him call me so i just left and he still hasnt called
Old Jul 9, 2006, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

WHAAA!? Thats insane, he was never unprofessional with me. Maybe he likes to keep a limited clientel, but he has always said to mention his name to friends and family. I will try and contact him, that is quite rude what he did to you. I have mainly spoken to him on the phone though, maybe he prefers that; but the fact that he set up a designated time and did not follow through, that is ridiculous. I apologize for his behavior, i will call him and try to see whats up
My father is an attorney (lobbyist) and i will try and ask him about alternative traffic lawyers he might know of or work with. I am obligated to help you after inadvertedly wasting your time!
Old Jul 9, 2006, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Dyraad/Milke here is the AMS FMIC thread i was talking about --https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/showthread.php?p=3255084#post3255084
Old Jul 9, 2006, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

hey man defiently get the ams intercooler and while your at it get the licp. I just got that same setup on yesterday and i am vry happy with it. Throttle response is awesome!!
Old Jul 9, 2006, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Honni414
UH OHHHHH....... im pretty fly for an off white guy now!

I like that.... Looks good.
Old Jul 9, 2006, 09:07 PM
Ink
Evolving Member

The rims look good Honni. Just do alot of thin coats of clear and you will be good to go.
Old Jul 9, 2006, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by monies41
hey man defiently get the ams intercooler and while your at it get the licp. I just got that same setup on yesterday and i am vry happy with it. Throttle response is awesome!!
Hey i remember speaking to you sometime ago, if i recall you were selling a 05 graphite grey MR, i am assuming you end up keeping the car? If so glad to hear, but at the same time someone really missed a helluva deal on a MR! Now about the intercooler, did you purchase it through the group buy that AMS is currently runnign? What trimming did you have to do for the intercooler to fit? Does the intercooler seem to make the spool-up higher up in the RPM band (w/ the stock turbo) due to its size over the stock IC ?
Old Jul 9, 2006, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RED DEMON
Dyraad/Milke here is the AMS FMIC thread i was talking about --https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/showthread.php?p=3255084#post3255084
I have the AMS intercooler. looking awesome, you will not however feel anything in the "but dyno" though. Is it worth it, yea, but it probably wont help too much untill you get a larger turbo.
Old Jul 9, 2006, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by laakness
Well, I'm going to capture some of the video from last night. Prolly won't post anything unless anyone wants their specific run if I have it.
I Would love to see some of my runs, if it is not to much of a hassle.
Old Jul 9, 2006, 10:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by newimportowner
I Would love to see some of my runs, if it is not to much of a hassle.
how did you do out there on friday bill??
Old Jul 9, 2006, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mack4477
how did you do out there on friday bill??
Not too aweful bad, but not great. I ran 3 times 12.82, 12.75, 12.70@111mph was the best. I really need a clutch though. It launches good, but i FEEL IT SLIP 3 AND 4TH GEAR. 1.76 60' isnt too bad, but I only can get about 21.5 lbs boost with the waste gate set the way it is. when i nail it it 3rd or 4th it will hit 22.3. I need someone in the know to help me adjust the waste gate a bit. i would like tobe able to pump some race gas and dial it uoto 24 or so, but I need some assistance.

anyway ity was fun even thoughthe track operators wers slow on Friday.

The best part of the night was after my first run, the lady does a double take and says"you need a helmet. I asked why and she says your in the 12's, I was like really, she says, you have a baby seat in the back, are you serious?" Kewl.
Old Jul 9, 2006, 10:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by newimportowner
...you have a baby seat in the back, are you serious?" Kewl.
HAHA....isn't that great?? i get crap for the car seat all the time too. were you running pump gas this time?? if memory serves, which it usually doesn't, didn't you run a 12.8 on race gas last time?? and btw, your 12.7 give you a faster car than my 12.8

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners