Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2006, 11:52 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dryad001
Like I said Im a concerned member. Dr. Dryad signing out.
Not really wanting to discuss my personal life on the boards set aside, it's just fine.

However, Dr. Dryad... this part:
"2: unwilling or unable to conform to normal standards of social behavior; "

I guess my standards of what social behavior are, differ dramatically from what you think they are and what is said about others.

I hang around with plenty of people, I'm just a lot more selective to those who can treat each other with respect.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You missed a very respectful 15 person BW's get together on Wednesday.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

this is sweet...custom gauges for $100..

http://blackcatcustom.com/custom%20design.htm
Old Jul 21, 2006, 11:55 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by laakness
You missed a very respectful 15 person BW's get together on Wednesday.
There were a couple of people there I have zero respect for.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fireball
There were a couple of people there I have zero respect for.
hmmm

Rez: Nice site, those gauges look pretty nice.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...5&page=1&pp=15

Theres where I got it from, I don't like the superman logo but I like the change in around the limit. If the needles can be changed I'm sold

Originally Posted by laakness
hmmm

Rez: Nice site, those gauges look pretty nice.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Not really wanting to discuss my personal life on the boards set aside, it's just fine.

However, Dr. Dryad... this part:
"2: unwilling or unable to conform to normal standards of social behavior; "

I guess my standards of what social behavior are, differ dramatically from what you think they are and what is said about others.

I hang around with plenty of people, I'm just a lot more selective to those who can treat each other with respect.

When have I not treated a person with respect? Were a fun group, at least I think we are.

Social standards eh? Social standards tend to stabilize society, whether they instantiate moral values or not, since they regulate behavior without the need for enforcement by formal authorities. One reason they work so effectively is because social reaction follows social action so directly and (often) decisively, creating an ongoing feedback loop: act one way, and people we know think we are “good,” and choose to associate with us. Act another way, and people we know think that we are “bad”, and disassociate themselves from us. If we care more about the company of others than we do about gaining the monetary or other rewards that “bad” behavior may reap, then we act in the way that will be viewed as “good”.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Alright enough with the kiddie banter, I need to pack
Old Jul 21, 2006, 12:08 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by dryad001
When have I not treated a person with respect? Were a fun group, at least I think we are.
Couldn't have said it better myself:

"Act another way, and people we know think that we are “bad”, and disassociate themselves from us."

At first, said "bad" behavior appears funny and jovial, until it hurts, or disrespects someone, then quickly the "fun is over" and people disperse. Just unfortunately takes some time to see through the "humor" to realize what is really going on.

I chose to not socialize in an environment that seems extremely immature and is full of high-school type drama.

In no way am I saying that everyone there is part of that. Just a couple of select individuals.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

I chose to not socialize in an environment that seems extremely immature and is full of high-school type drama.

In no way am I saying that everyone there is part of that. Just a couple of select individuals.

So your saying Im immature? OK I can see that.

Ok everyone the high-school days are over. No more having fun and craking jokes on people. I find it insulting that we act like this. Geesh, thank god I finally see the light

*immature posting is done after this.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. and I'm sure Gerald will thank you too.

Originally Posted by r3z0nate
this is sweet...custom gauges for $100..

http://blackcatcustom.com/custom%20design.htm
Old Jul 21, 2006, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't get it, we all had a great time over at Bryan's house after the road america thing. A lot of stuff must have gone on that I don't know about for all these hard feelings. The only one I really know of is the Bryan-Honni issue, that will hopefully heal in time.

Bryan, when you hang out with us we all have a good time, you seem to have a good time. In the almost 13,000 posts on this thread there have been plenty of very heated discussions, there have been a ton of very cutting put-downs and remarks made coming from everyone and aimed at everyone. I've been in the middle of a lot of it, whether it be Bryan and my discussion on performance vendors, my questioning nez's cars sexuality, does Bolsen really exist? Does Pete harbor slaves or does he really pay them? But I knkow that I have not made one single malicious comment on the board, it has all been from my opinions or to get a rise out of someone.

I actually know that people on here could get a lot more personal with the banter having seen some of the drama that goes on off the boards, but I think everyone knows where to draw the line between getting a laugh and maybe making someone squirm a little to actually seriously offending someone.

The fact is that I think everyone on here has differing opinions on what everyone should do with their cars, how far it should be modded, how often it should be washed and what kind of road's, track's or parkinglots it should be driven or photographed on. Sure we all rip on each other for our Ghey wheels, big turbos on an autocross car, sticking with stock power, roll cages, neon lights, never clean, never driven in 2 years, 2-god-damn-evo's, all gauges no mods, 12-amish-powered-evo's, can't stop breaking, sh1tty front bumpered skunk looking thing... It's just people screwing around an giving each other a hard time.

Anyway, I've been typing so long I completely forgot what my point was... I'll probably delete the whole thing once I actually read it.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 12:56 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by the-moss
I don't get it, we all had a great time over at Bryan's house after the road america thing. A lot of stuff must have gone on that I don't know about for all these hard feelings. The only one I really know of is the Bryan-Honni issue, that will hopefully heal in time.
There have been great times in the past and if everytime could be like it was at my place, I would strive to attend every outing, but unfortunately it isn't. Due to some behind the scenes backstabbing and half truths I've received, it's turned into more a highschool drama class. That is not something I even want to come close to.

Some people I really do respect and would have no problem hanging around with. Alex, I would still love to have banter with you about Vishnu.

As for things healing in time, I doubt it will, but that's not due to me not trying.
Old Jul 21, 2006, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by the-moss

Bryan, when you hang out with us we all have a good time, you seem to have a good time. In the almost 13,000 posts on this thread there have been plenty of very heated discussions, there have been a ton of very cutting put-downs and remarks made coming from everyone and aimed at everyone. I've been in the middle of a lot of it, whether it be Bryan and my discussion on performance vendors, my questioning nez's cars sexuality, does Bolsen really exist? Does Pete harbor slaves or does he really pay them? But I knkow that I have not made one single malicious comment on the board, it has all been from my opinions or to get a rise out of someone.

I actually know that people on here could get a lot more personal with the banter having seen some of the drama that goes on off the boards, but I think everyone knows where to draw the line between getting a laugh and maybe making someone squirm a little to actually seriously offending someone.

The fact is that I think everyone on here has differing opinions on what everyone should do with their cars, how far it should be modded, how often it should be washed and what kind of road's, track's or parkinglots it should be driven or photographed on. Sure we all rip on each other for our Ghey wheels, big turbos on an autocross car, sticking with stock power, roll cages, neon lights, never clean, never driven in 2 years, 2-god-damn-evo's, all gauges no mods, 12-amish-powered-evo's, can't stop breaking, sh1tty front bumpered skunk looking thing... It's just people screwing around an giving each other a hard time.

Anyway, I've been typing so long I completely forgot what my point was... I'll probably delete the whole thing once I actually read it.
Leave it to the British Guy to do the talking.....

Couldn't said it better myself...
Old Jul 21, 2006, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

If you get it done b4 me let me know how it turns out and maybe some photos. I am going to be hesitant about the needles when I do get it done.

Originally Posted by Tek3Evo
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. and I'm sure Gerald will thank you too.

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners