Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2006, 12:42 PM
Ink
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Silk
In all sincerity I think most peoples grammar is best while in high school and then all just down hill from there. There are exception of course; like you jackazz, you're soo smart

Yes, I must say that all the high-schoolers that I hang out with have exceptional gramar.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

You hang out with High-Schoolers? - You're how old!
Old Jul 31, 2006, 12:48 PM
Ink
Evolving Member

I'm seeing that you do not know how to read sarcasm.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

They don't teach that in high school
Old Jul 31, 2006, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So Im sitting in the pool area right now soaking up the FL sunshine. Sweating my @ss off at the same time. Yup I hate FL.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Don't worry, I give florida a 5-10 year window before it's wiped off the map by some super storm j/k. Enjoy it!
Old Jul 31, 2006, 01:19 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

ECUflash-free
Cable-$85
Evoscan-$15
My smart *** remarks-priceless
Amen brutha, that's what I'm leaning towards.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fireball
Amen brutha, that's what I'm leaning towards.
It's an awesome combo so far. I just have to get a wideband this fall and I'll be all set.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 01:23 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by laakness
It's an awesome combo so far. I just have to get a wideband this fall and I'll be all set.
Tom really showed it to me indepth this weekend and after seeing some of the results that people have already, I think it's the best and easiest solution for an under 500whp Evo.

I downloaded the software and am messing with it on my laptop. I'll probably get a cable in the next month or so.

Right now I'm just trying to look at differences in maps. Anyone have any they can email me? Stock vs tuned, etc.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 01:49 PM
Evolving Member

good afternoon gentlemen. i have a question for any of you vishnu guys out there, all though there aren't many of you, maybe you other guys know the answer to this. i'm still a little baffled by this whole thing with the xede if you can't tell. but anyways, my question is this.....the SMART function on the xede, what devices is the xede reading from to make necessary changes in everything??

the reason i ask....at the time when we were at the track, my wideband was not working. i have sense replaced that o2 sensor, and have no problems with it now, which may be why everything seems to be working fine now. if the xede needs that wideband info to make changes and whatnot, it may not have been totally up to par that night at the track

i know i sound like a babling idiot, but does that make sense to anyone else, or am i way off here???
Old Jul 31, 2006, 01:50 PM

Pete, we should have a little 'lude vs. 'lude race
I'ts on, if I beat him he has to buy my lude.

How's everyone doing today? Man I just move my whole living room and it's freaking hot.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 01:56 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by mack4477
i know i sound like a babling idiot, but does that make sense to anyone else, or am i way off here???
Just making a guess, but I'd say it watches the knock reading pretty closely.

Other than that, maybe some other things like the MAS readings, Air Temp, or something else.

I'm not very familiar with it, but it always sounds like an interesting idea.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mack4477
good afternoon gentlemen. i have a question for any of you vishnu guys out there, all though there aren't many of you, maybe you other guys know the answer to this. i'm still a little baffled by this whole thing with the xede if you can't tell. but anyways, my question is this.....the SMART function on the xede, what devices is the xede reading from to make necessary changes in everything??

the reason i ask....at the time when we were at the track, my wideband was not working. i have sense replaced that o2 sensor, and have no problems with it now, which may be why everything seems to be working fine now. if the xede needs that wideband info to make changes and whatnot, it may not have been totally up to par that night at the track

If you have the 'smart' box etc. Then this could explain a lot. Jeske can hopfully give you more info since he has actually used SMART, I never have.

But yes, the SMART system listens to the Wideband and the knocksensor to make adjustments to the fuel and timing based on a bunch of thresholds that you set.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ink
Yes, I must say that all the high-schoolers that I hang out with have exceptional gramar.
Okay they might not use it all the time but since its still fresh in their minds they have the ability to write sentences that are grammatically correct.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Fireball
Just making a guess, but I'd say it watches the knock reading pretty closely.

Other than that, maybe some other things like the MAS readings, Air Temp, or something else.

I'm not very familiar with it, but it always sounds like an interesting idea.
It's pretty cool in theory (like I said i have never actually used it). It has a Wideband and what vishnu calls a knock sensor buffer (I think this is basically just an interface between the knock sensor and the Xede).

It then uses a base map for fuel and timing and then overlays another sort of targeting/if things go wrong map over the top of that. It listens to the wideband and the knock sensor to make adjustments to the fueling and timing maps on the fly, basically constantly autotuning your car.

By watching where it passes through these overlayed maps you can adjust your base maps to try to keep it in the 'zero' range, if you can do that then you have essentially custom tuned your car, and can let the SMART system make adjustments to the maps in order to keep everything nice and safe in varying conditions.

It's been a few months since I read and tried to understand this in depth, so I may be off on some of the subtleties, but that's the main gist of it.

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners