Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2006, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fcheng118
So when is everyone going down the Great Lakes again.

TOREDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... Race War
We should settle it there.... And remember, I never drag race before. I might get little confuse cause I'm not use to staying a straight line all the times.
i might be interested in going on the 30th with those other guys. trying to see if i can throw launch control on the xede for now. not sure if the clutch override for the remote start is going to mess that up or not. but if i go again, i'm definately running some race gas this time as well as pump. then it's on chinaman
Old Aug 17, 2006, 04:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mack4477
i might be interested in going on the 30th with those other guys. trying to see if i can throw launch control on the xede for now. not sure if the clutch override for the remote start is going to mess that up or not. but if i go again, i'm definately running some race gas this time as well as pump. then it's on chinaman
Shouldn't interfere, there are 2 clutch switches on that car. I'm pretty sure the Xede uses the one that isn't used when starting the car.

When you wire the clutch switch into the Xede make sure you put a switch inline so you can turn it off (the no lift to shift part becomes a pain during normal driving).

You know we can give you launch control with ECUFlash right?
Old Aug 17, 2006, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

Aren't you still on the stock clutch?? Oh boy.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

yes i'm still on the stocker alex, thanks. and i know you can give me that with an ecu flash, but i have the xede, so i need to do it on there don't i? if there's any messing around with the xede wiring, i probably won't worry about it. just thought if it was just in the maps, i would give it a whirl. otherwise i'll just end up waiting until i sell the xede and get the ams flash
Old Aug 17, 2006, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

i have a puzzling issue id like to see if anyone can assist on.

Ok, to picture what happened i must tell you i have a radio relocation with guages up top now and i have one guage that is smaller than the 2 1/16th and it happened to fall inside while at the shootout. Some how it must have shorted something and seemed to pop a fuse because the radio went out with the clock and now today i found out also the rear wiper. I've checked every fuse and its not one under the hood or under the dash yet still have the problem. ANY IDEAS??

Is there a fuse panel somewhere im mising maybe?? I dont think its related to a fuse, but i've taken a good fuse in place of the wipers and also the fuse for the radio.

Any info would be great thanks.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

U dun farked it up gewd I rekon
Old Aug 17, 2006, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i can get you a stock radio for cheap if you want k-drizzle
Old Aug 17, 2006, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

yes i'm still on the stocker alex, thanks. and i know you can give me that with an ecu flash, but i have the xede, so i need to do it on there don't i?
Having the Xede give you the ability to put it in either place. You can either put it in the Xede or you can put it in the ECU. Putting it in the Xede wil give you no lift to shift, putting it in the ECU won't.

if there's any messing around with the xede wiring, i probably won't worry about it. just thought if it was just in the maps, i would give it a whirl. otherwise i'll just end up waiting until i sell the xede and get the ams flash
If the previous owner didn't do it you need to pull one of the clutch switch wires off the ECU harness and put it into the Xede.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 07:05 PM
Evolving Member

well if its easy for you guys to put it on my ecu, that would be cool. as long as i don't get *** raped for $$ for you guys doing it
Old Aug 17, 2006, 07:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Nez136
ATTENTION EVERYONE!

Since the price was hard to beat I have decided to get a custom flash from AMS during their tunathon. I will be going to AMS next friday night and will be getting tuned from 11pm-1am. During that time there will be a BBQ that AMS is hosting for all guests so anyone that wants to join is welcome, i wouldn't mind a guest since i hate driving late at night. The flash should hold me over until i get the funding together for the EMS and Methanol!

In other news....UTEC FOR SALE GEEET YOUR UTEC!
im down mane! damn i need a flash and 350whp
Old Aug 17, 2006, 10:30 PM
Evolving Member

well if its easy for you guys to put it on my ecu, that would be cool. as long as i don't get *** raped for $$ for you guys doing it
I got you bro, I don't need no meal ticket, just come out next Wednesday.. Here's the thing though, I know damn well that you didn't pay for everything under the hood of that car driving big orange trucks. So whatever it is you're in on, I want in on it too.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by 4rcd6

Ok, to picture what happened i must tell you i have a radio relocation with guages up top now and i have one guage that is smaller than the 2 1/16th and it happened to fall inside while at the shootout. Some how it must have shorted something and seemed to pop a fuse because the radio went out with the clock and now today i found out also the rear wiper. I've checked every fuse and its not one under the hood or under the dash yet still have the problem. ANY IDEAS??

Is there a fuse panel somewhere im mising maybe?? I dont think its related to a fuse, but i've taken a good fuse in place of the wipers and also the fuse for the radio.

The things you described as not working are all powered off the ACC position of the ignition switch. Do your lighter socket, trunk light, and dome light work?

As a start, double check fuse #23 in the engine compartment. It should be a 10A fuse for the ACC portion of the ignition switch. The radio and clock are powered off of it. Sometimes the fuses can be burnt out and not look like it.
Old Aug 17, 2006, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by the-moss
I got you bro, I don't need no meal ticket, just come out next Wednesday.. Here's the thing though, I know damn well that you didn't pay for everything under the hood of that car driving big orange trucks. So whatever it is you're in on, I want in on it too.
RICE WAR........

I mean RACE WAR.....
Old Aug 17, 2006, 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4rcd6

Look at your air bags or ABSm both sensors are right under the radio
Old Aug 18, 2006, 01:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by the-moss
finally, someone who actually made a clever movie reference, and not just yell TORETTO!!!!! and i'm not sure if i'll be able to come out and play again on wednesday, it's been 2 in a row for me now

Quick Reply: Milwaukee - America's Drunkest Evo Owners