Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2007 | 02:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by djh
Carbotech XP10/XP8 pads and SP rotors. A set of front rotors shipped is less than the price of the pads!

Dave
What are the SP rotors all about? I think I am ready to step up to a better pad. I had no fluid boiling issues at Mid Oh and I got a tiny bit of pad fade at the end of my last session.
Old May 23, 2007 | 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by coolnick
Your frame of reference is skewed because you own a WS6 and you live in Dayton. 2 of the main contributing factors to hillbillyism.
HA I wondered if you were really a dick or if you just play one on css
Old May 24, 2007 | 05:02 AM
djh
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by coolnick
What are the SP rotors all about? I think I am ready to step up to a better pad. I had no fluid boiling issues at Mid Oh and I got a tiny bit of pad fade at the end of my last session.
The rotors are from brakeshopper.com. They're under $240 shipped for a set of fronts and have held up well. Better than the Stoptechs in terms of rotor wear, but I seem to go through pads faster now. I'm tempted to try the Racing Brake pads for the cost savings. Remember, I run a pretty much stock-powered Evo so I only hit 130 down the back straight, even another 10mph top speed will translate to more heat in the brakes.

Dave
Old May 24, 2007 | 06:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jimib
HA I wondered if you were really a dick or if you just play one on css
It's my internet personality what can I say. In real life I'm just another loser with a car that is faster than I can drive it.
Old May 24, 2007 | 06:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by djh
The rotors are from brakeshopper.com. They're under $240 shipped for a set of fronts and have held up well. Better than the Stoptechs in terms of rotor wear, but I seem to go through pads faster now. I'm tempted to try the Racing Brake pads for the cost savings. Remember, I run a pretty much stock-powered Evo so I only hit 130 down the back straight, even another 10mph top speed will translate to more heat in the brakes.

Dave
Yeah I looked at those RB pads and they are significantly cheaper than anything else. I wonder how well they work. I'm going to see how much life is left in the Hawks this weekend, if they are done I may just order up a set from racing brake.
Old May 25, 2007 | 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

The evo has left cincinnati.. IF your in chi town let me know if you see it Might be a ams car soon
Old May 25, 2007 | 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

pics of my new wheels

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...62#post4365862
Old May 26, 2007 | 11:19 PM
Evolved Member

saw a black evo 9 on route 4 in hamilton tonight around 1230am. wondering if its any of you guys?
Old May 27, 2007 | 06:31 AM
Evolving Member

I was wondering if someone could help me out that has the tactrix cable/Evoscan/Ecuflash. I am thinking the tune is just not tuned enough. I am thinking of going with Mellon with an E-flash. The baby is due in a month so the wife says I can't spend the ~$125 on the cable and EvoScan along with $50 for the eflash- "money we need for a breast pump and mattress." Yes, the baby is the priority. However, I would like to make sure the car is running correctly. I am afraid once the baby is here, it will never get done and am running around with 10 counts of knock. I just want the car running better. I'll pay for the help. I will need help getting the current ROM and two logs. Let me know.
Old May 27, 2007 | 04:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by beastlytalon
I was wondering if someone could help me out that has the tactrix cable/Evoscan/Ecuflash. I am thinking the tune is just not tuned enough. I am thinking of going with Mellon with an E-flash. The baby is due in a month so the wife says I can't spend the ~$125 on the cable and EvoScan along with $50 for the eflash- "money we need for a breast pump and mattress." Yes, the baby is the priority. However, I would like to make sure the car is running correctly. I am afraid once the baby is here, it will never get done and am running around with 10 counts of knock. I just want the car running better. I'll pay for the help. I will need help getting the current ROM and two logs. Let me know.
Sorry if I'm bit off topic, but is your Evo wingless and have the Enkei RPF1's on it? I passed one about a month ago going past Sinclair College downtown in my TB 04 in front of the court house after picking up my wife about 5:45PM or so. Sorry to bother if not. I have only seen about 5 other Evo's around Dayton/ North side of town besides mine.

P.S.
Congrats on the baby soon.

Later
Old May 28, 2007 | 06:17 AM
Evolving Member

Wasn't me. I am rarely there except for a Dayton Dragons game here and there when I get free tickets. We didn't there last time till 8pm. Also, I still have the monster on the trunk. There are more Evo's around Dayton then I thought. I saw a an MR (IX?) on 741 in front of Walmart a month or two ago. Never saw him again.
Old May 28, 2007 | 07:51 AM
Evolving Member

Cool. I'm starting to see more everyday. After owning an Evo here since Early 04, I have not seen many at all until here recently.

Later
Old May 29, 2007 | 05:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CarFanatic
The evo has left cincinnati.. IF your in chi town let me know if you see it Might be a ams car soon
So what's the next ride going to be?
Old May 29, 2007 | 06:14 AM
Evolving Member

not sure! Enjoying no payments right now!
Old Jun 1, 2007 | 06:08 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah so I found out why I always have air in my lines after a bleed. Don't buy Goodridge brake lines. They have been selling these for 3 years with a faulty rear fitting. Oh they are great guys and will ship you the new fittings if you call and ask them. I think they should be sued, or jailed. Or forced to drive a car with their POS brake lines on a treacherous road.

Go to hell Goodridge.

Greg I remember you saying something about running slightly slower times at Mid Oh when you messed up your ABS sensors. Are you really braking hard enough to engage the ABS?

Who is going to Grattan?

Quick Reply: ***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***