Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2007 | 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't recall ever talking about 285s thats insane. I would imagine that a tire that wide would require wider fenders and modification to the rear Q panels to fit properly inside the wells.

I understand everything you are saying about fitment. As for my selection, these rims and tires are more for show. You will see once I get home. To just give you a hint....C-West, JDM, & Carbon fiber. My car will become EVOVLVD and no longer the ENVY it was.
Old Jul 12, 2007 | 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by broeli
I'm still depressed I can't go to Mid-O this weekend
There is an autox at Scarlet Oaks this Sunday. Maybe I can at least make it there. I'll be going to Mid-O in August for sure.
Better sign up now, it was alomost full 2 weeks ago. It's the last event before Nationals, so it will be packed!
Old Jul 12, 2007 | 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

So is it a show car or a race car?
Old Jul 12, 2007 | 11:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 992gnt
So is it a show car or a race car?
Well I wouldn't be putting in cams, Harnesses and coil overs if I didn't plan on taking it to the track.

Show and Go.

I figure if can't be the winner at a race, at least I will look good while racing.
Old Jul 12, 2007 | 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Appauldd
I don't recall ever talking about 285s thats insane. I would imagine that a tire that wide would require wider fenders and modification to the rear Q panels to fit properly inside the wells.

I understand everything you are saying about fitment. As for my selection, these rims and tires are more for show. You will see once I get home. To just give you a hint....C-West, JDM, & Carbon fiber. My car will become EVOVLVD and no longer the ENVY it was.
No wider fenders or anything extensive. Just takes the right fitment and a little bit of rolling The 285 Hoosiers I run are .5" bigger than 285 V710s...and I have no problems.
Sounds like you'll be pretty busy when you get home with all of those parts to put on.
Old Jul 12, 2007 | 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah I have almost 7k in parts to put on. Part of this will be sending my tranny to TRE or Shep for a rebuild.

It is easy to put money in a car that is paid off and the fact that I can't spend much on anything while deployed.
Old Jul 12, 2007 | 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

30mm Your going to have fitment issues
Old Jul 12, 2007 | 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CarFanatic
30mm Your going to have fitment issues
How so?

Numerous people on here have 18x9 +30 and all claim they fit perfectly.
Old Jul 12, 2007 | 12:07 PM
Evolving Member

you can fit them, but if your lowered it will rub. Stock is 38mm. 30 is 8mm farther out. I know when I had my 255's on stock rims lowered, I was close to the rear lip. So it all will depend on tire, and height. how much rubbing you will get.
Old Jul 12, 2007 | 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

I plan on rolling the fneders any how....just to be on the safe side. Also my coil overs will allow me to be more specific with ride height and camber....I know I can keep things from rubbing.
Old Jul 12, 2007 | 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

your in for some fun then!
Old Jul 12, 2007 | 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

yeah....I will be in the garage for days...maybe even weeks getting everything on the car, doing the body work, tuning the computer, cleaning and polishing. I have a years worth to catch up on.
Old Jul 13, 2007 | 09:06 AM
Evolving Member

You're only going to have to roll the rear fenders and if you run a little extra camber back there you won't have to roll much. I assume you are going to get Azenis 615s which are a little wider than average, but should still fit fine.

No coolnick Jr yet, but the due date is exactly one week from today. I have been catching up on all the last minute nursery stuff and other house projects. And tearing the DSM apart yet again. Hopefully it is back together over the weekend and running cool as a cucumber. I need to take some pics of all my cooling solutions, I got uber creative.

I am hoping I can make it to Putnam at the end of the year, otherwise it will be next year for me.

And there is something interesting going on at Tri State tomorrow. Cincy Speed is putting on Powerfest to see who has the fastest street car in the area. They must be tagged and insured with mufflers so it should be pretty interesting. There will be several 9 second cars. I have housework so I won't make it, but I can't wait to hear who has the fastest street car in the area. Starts at 10 and goes til 4 I believe, with regular test and tune afterwards.
Old Jul 13, 2007 | 09:15 AM
Evolved Member

Nick,

Congrats on the child. I had my first last August. I have only seen him 15 days of his life and that wasn't until he was 5 months old. I am so excited to be coming home in a couple weeks. Actually I leave Kuwait in just under a week. Then I will be stuck at a de-mobilization station for about a week. Then I will finally be home.

If anyone has some free time to help me in the garage...I will surely need it. I have a ton of parts to swap. I will make it worth your while with food and drink and the fact you get to spend time with me....J/K. Seriously, I will need some help once I have to pull the tranny.

See you all soon.
Old Jul 14, 2007 | 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

The car is fast, dropped 1.4 seconds off my previous best. Still not enough to beat the Z06's, the class winner ran a 1:36.0.... The car is out of tire, but literally and figuratively. The 245's are just no match for the 295's that the Vettes run, and my tires are cycled out - spinning them and nearly every apex. Finished the day .05 seconds out of 3rd, and cracked a front rotor in the process. I'm quite lucky it didn't come apart on the track, that could have been very ugly.

Oh, I'm also training to be the Pace Car driver for the OH/IN region. Kinda cool...

Quick Reply: ***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***