Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2007 | 05:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saw a silver EVO 8 on Beechmont (sr125) last night around 7pm by Smokey Bones looked stock but it had a vta bov turned on to I-275 any body here
Old Jul 30, 2007 | 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

Glad you made it back safe and sound. Congrats on the little one Nick.
Old Aug 10, 2007 | 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

Is there anybody out there? Just wondering how everybody was doing had not seen any post in awhile.

Joe
Old Aug 10, 2007 | 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

Can anybody recommend a good brake pad for the street. I only autocross a few times a year. However I am a pretty aggressive driver.
Old Aug 10, 2007 | 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well I have all the parts piled up in the corner of the garage. Tomorrow the car goes in and up on jack stands and the surgery begins. Cams, Coil Overs, Wheels, Bumpers, Head lights, Clutch, and lots of other little things. I will be home all week if anyone wants to come over and give a hand. PM me and I will shoot you my address.
Old Aug 10, 2007 | 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ohio-evo
Can anybody recommend a good brake pad for the street. I only autocross a few times a year. However I am a pretty aggressive driver.
I have some new Hawk HPS sitting here, never used I'll take $150 for them. They are a little better than the stockers and will stand up to the autox use. I bought them because my HP+ scream on the street, but then I got used to it.
Old Aug 10, 2007 | 03:08 PM
Evolving Member

Oh yeah my buddy has an online parts biz and he is doing a big buy in with Buddy Club. He is cutting some awesome deals for locals on anything they offer. He quoted me some retardedly cheap prices on cams and coilovers. They make exhausts and other stuff for our car too. Check out their website to see what they have and if you want anything email him at saxon226@gmail.com or hit him up on AIM at Ty400hp PGT. He is my homie and 100% legit and he lives down in NKY like the rest of you ladies.

www.buddyclub.us
Old Aug 10, 2007 | 10:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm moving out to Oxford, OH to go to Miami University. Anyone in this area, I'm coming out for my first year and I'm bringing my evo. I'm pretty active with car meets and drives and was just wondering if the Cinci guys meet up weekly or whatever. I won't know a lot of people so if somene could let me know whats up that would be sweet, thanks!!!
Old Aug 11, 2007 | 06:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by m4tt VIII
I'm moving out to Oxford, OH to go to Miami University. Anyone in this area, I'm coming out for my first year and I'm bringing my evo. I'm pretty active with car meets and drives and was just wondering if the Cinci guys meet up weekly or whatever. I won't know a lot of people so if somene could let me know whats up that would be sweet, thanks!!!
Join up on CSS if you want to find regular meets in Cincinnati, you can find us at www.cincystreetscene.com and be prepared. The sarcasm is thick over there, I'm pretty active on that forum and I'll keep an eye out for you. Just put up a post in the newcomers section. There is usually a weekly get together.
Old Aug 13, 2007 | 06:48 AM
Evolving Member

welcome m4tt VIII. good luck in school.
Old Aug 14, 2007 | 12:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ohio-evo
welcome m4tt VIII. good luck in school.
Thanks!!! Hope to see you around
Old Aug 18, 2007 | 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Any volunteers to help me drop my tranny? Once again I didn't make it through one event without breaking. In the middle of my second session at Mid Ohio my throwout bearing popped out. The clutch wouldn't push in at all. I had to coast into the grass and get towed back to the paddock. Of course they couldn't get to the tow hook underneath so they hooked it up to the strut bar which scratched the crap out of my valve cover and other pieces. Needless to say the tranny needs to come out and the snap ring, throwout bearing needs put back together.
My Evo is still sitting at Mid Ohio on Gregs trailer. He is going to trailer it back partial way after he's done on Sunday.
Hopefully this is the end of my bad luck
Old Aug 18, 2007 | 06:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Eli,

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. I just dropped my tranny this week and shipped it off to Shep for a rebuild. If you need my slide hammer give me a shout.
Old Aug 18, 2007 | 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

I have a nice big slide hammer. I had a small one but it wouldn't pull out my damaged spline stub shafts. So I now have two.
Old Aug 19, 2007 | 03:30 AM
Evolving Member

I just found this thread today. I have been looking for an EVO community down here in the Cinci area as I just moved to Northern Ky after graduating from Miami University last December (m4tt VIII, I am jealous you have an EVO WHILE going to school). Bought and EVO about 3 months ago. Originally from Cleveland and when I was living there I was on the Cleveland DSM club (have a 1G DSM also).

Where are the good drag strips and activity down here? Any other good threads that you guys frequent?

992gnt (Greg) - I met you when you were at the local BP station with your EVO on a trailor going to mid-Ohio. I was in my Talon. We briefly talked about CDSM.

m4tt VII - I will be up to Miami a bunch to visit friends, so keep an eye out for a graphite gray evo.

Hope to meet some fellow EVO fans around Northern KY!

------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Brian

Evo 9
1G DSM

Quick Reply: ***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***