Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2007 | 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll be at Riverdowns.
What were everyones times at Tri-State?
My best pass was a 12.38@110.2 or so...with low boost on pump gas
Old Oct 21, 2007 | 08:06 AM
Evolving Member

what you break now greg? diff? Transfer case
Old Oct 21, 2007 | 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Not sure what broke, it felt/sounded like I ripped all the teeth off of the ring or pinion gear. I may pull it apart today so I can get some parts ordered.

And for the record, other than the brake line at Mid Ohio (that was my fault) this is the ONLY mechanical failure I've ever had on the car. Not bad considering what it's been through.

As some of you heard yesterday, the Evo is going back to street duty. I'm picking up a first gen AWD Talon next weekend to build into a dedicated track car. Game on.
Old Oct 21, 2007 | 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Nice day at Riverdowns. We got 7 runs! Nice fast course set up by Danny Popp. It was VERY interesting seeing Tony Weisenbaum challenge Danny for FTD in his SM WRX. Needless to say I finished second in SM to Tony out of 10 SM cars.
Old Oct 21, 2007 | 05:52 PM
Evolving Member

Good idea on the track gar greg!

Nice going Eli! I should have come down to watch, but I heard sm ran earily in the day.
Old Oct 21, 2007 | 05:59 PM

Add me to the list! Just joined and picking my EVO up this week!

David - Cincinnati
Old Oct 21, 2007 | 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by broeli
Nice day at Riverdowns. We got 7 runs! Nice fast course set up by Danny Popp. It was VERY interesting seeing Tony Weisenbaum challenge Danny for FTD in his SM WRX. Needless to say I finished second in SM to Tony out of 10 SM cars.
I knew I should've gone to the event today. I haven't seen your evo since the first autox I actually raced in, but needless to say she's beautiful.

Tony and Danny are excellent drivers with some unreal cars as well. I'm dissapointed in myself for not going today. Those are some of my favorite drivers to watch without a doubt.
Old Oct 21, 2007 | 06:20 PM
Evolving Member

Sounds like I missed a good weekend of meeting some of you...

Greg - What are you planning for with the AWD? What type of track?
Old Oct 22, 2007 | 07:43 AM
Evolving Member

My best was my first run of 12.8 @ 107 with a horrible 1.89 60'. After that I was running slower, must have been too much boost on pump for the heat in the afternoon. Last two traps were 105. I finally made some changes to my timing map with the help of my local Honda tuning buddy. I had an old Dynoflash tune on the car when I bought it and the timing map was horrible. Major block tuning, makes me wonder how Al ever got a good reputation to begin with. Car feels better now, but I didn't run it after the changes.

I had one killer race against a 3rd gen Camaro though. I roasted him out of the hole with a 1.77 60', but I missed 3rd. He had about a car on me when I finally got it in 3rd and I reeled him back in. I went 13.04 and he went 13.09. That's about the most exciting drag race I have ever had.

Damnit Greg, you may force me to gut the DSM and put some fender flares on it. Let me know what class you are going to run in, I'm sure my car is too far gone to run in anything other than super unlimited or whatever they call it these days.
Old Oct 22, 2007 | 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Well depending on how much it costs to get the Evo fixed, the Talon may be on hold indefinitely. $1200 for a ring and pinion?!?! That's more than I'm paying for the Talon.
Old Oct 22, 2007 | 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

dang greg, not a good month for you
Old Oct 24, 2007 | 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by coolnick
My best was my first run of 12.8 @ 107 with a horrible 1.89 60'. After that I was running slower, must have been too much boost on pump for the heat in the afternoon. Last two traps were 105. I finally made some changes to my timing map with the help of my local Honda tuning buddy. I had an old Dynoflash tune on the car when I bought it and the timing map was horrible. Major block tuning, makes me wonder how Al ever got a good reputation to begin with. Car feels better now, but I didn't run it after the changes.

I had one killer race against a 3rd gen Camaro though. I roasted him out of the hole with a 1.77 60', but I missed 3rd. He had about a car on me when I finally got it in 3rd and I reeled him back in. I went 13.04 and he went 13.09. That's about the most exciting drag race I have ever had.
I had an old dynoflash tune in mine up until this past year when I got dyno tuned at Buschur. I had one of the orginal mail in flashes also. David looked at it and about crapped himself. He said "Al did this?!". He then commented that it must've been when he first started. I had some VERY aggressive block timing, etc. in the wrong places. I guess I'm lucky it held together over the years.

I had two great races with an '03 Cobra. Beat him both times. Being a Mustang guy myself it was nice beating him. My best 60' was a so so 1.74. The Evo was shifting great.
Old Oct 24, 2007 | 05:31 PM

Question

Originally Posted by broeli
I had an old dynoflash tune in mine up until this past year when I got dyno tuned at Buschur. I had one of the orginal mail in flashes also. David looked at it and about crapped himself. He said "Al did this?!". He then commented that it must've been when he first started. I had some VERY aggressive block timing, etc. in the wrong places. I guess I'm lucky it held together over the years.

I had two great races with an '03 Cobra. Beat him both times. Being a Mustang guy myself it was nice beating him. My best 60' was a so so 1.74. The Evo was shifting great.
If I have a custom Dynoflash tune should I consider getting re-tuned somewhere else?

Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 24, 2007 | 05:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I had the mail in flash and it too had the "block" of 8s. It really is amazing that nothing happend to my car either.
Old Oct 25, 2007 | 05:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by natilution
If I have a custom Dynoflash tune should I consider getting re-tuned somewhere else?

Thanks in advance.
If it has a big block of 8s in the high load region then yes you need a reflash. He claims he only did this in the beginning but I think he did it all the way up until ECUflash got really popular and people started looking at their maps. And realized that he is a douche.

Quick Reply: ***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***