Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2008 | 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish I could go but I have to work. Cincy SCCA is going on the 12th. There is a post on cincyautox forum.
Old Jan 9, 2008 | 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

Did any of you guys upgrade the tranny mount when you replaced your clutch?
Old Jan 9, 2008 | 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

The rollback mount? I put poly mounts in mine (Buschur?), lots of vibration into the dash, especially with cams.
Old Jan 9, 2008 | 03:35 PM
Evolving Member

I meant the rear engine mount bushing. I was thinking about putting the powerflex rear engine mount when i do my clutch. i have the powerflex front motor mount in already.
Old Jan 9, 2008 | 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I am with Greg on this one. I put in the Buschur Bushings front and rear. I drilled the mount holes and put in larger grade 8 bolts. The dash will vibrate like crazy at idle. I believe it helped a lot for smoothing out fast shifting. Well, that and the Shep rebuild with new gears and double syncros.

You will hear a lot more tranny whine too. It seems to resonate a bit.

Heck who cares though when you are catless and have hard pipes. The car is anything except quiet.

The rear dogbone is a PITA to get back in though. I recommend pulling it out when the tranny is out and then putting it back in before the tranny goes back in.
Old Jan 9, 2008 | 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

Haven't been around lately with work being busy but I'd be up for karting possibly this weekend. We should try to plan something soon.

On a side note, do any of you guys tune your car personally? I have been looking at getting the cable and software to start learning the basics while the car is stock. Local insight would be helpful.
Old Jan 10, 2008 | 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

I tune my car. I am no expert, but the basics are pretty easy (timing, air/fuel, injector latencies, rev limit, 2 step, etc.) When you add mods you need to make some changes to the ecu to help make those mods work for your application. You won't be perfect, but the car will operate normally. Just make sure you have a wide band O2 sensor or you will be shooting in the dark. It is almost impossible to tune with out one. Then when time and $ permit take the car to a certified tuner shop like Buschur or AMS and have them fine tune and tweek for ultimate performance. Both of these shops are about 4 hours away.

I think Greg knows of one that is a bit closer, but I don't know who they are.
Old Jan 10, 2008 | 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

If you are thinking about getting a Tactrix cable you should look into the package deal that Innovate sells with their wideband. They have a routine for logworks that makes tuning really really easy. www.innovatemotorsports.com

On a side note I ran my best ever time of 23.88 and backed it up with a 23.9x yesterday.
Old Jan 10, 2008 | 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

I have the cable and such, and could bore you to hours about tuning these things. I had Pure Tuning do my car before the last season started, and they picked up ZERO peak hp and only a bit of tq. The area under the curve is where we made up most of our power, so my tune was not too far off. It is REAL easy to make your car run worse if you don't really understand what is that you are doing, so be careful!
Old Jan 12, 2008 | 05:28 PM

just posting up a spot. I saw two evo's today driving on 75south by 275 bypass in ohio near westchester area.

one of them was a 9 that was lowered and had black wheels with silver lip.

you were booking it, I guess to catch up to the silver evo I dunno.
The other was a silver evo driving. you got off to 275. both looked good
Old Jan 13, 2008 | 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

What about guys from Louisville KY? I actually like right across the Ohio in Indiana, but I lived in Louisville up until I got married 4 years ago.

Would any of you guys be interested in attending a meet in Louisville when it starts getting warmer? I usually get all the local EVO, STI, WRX, and SRT owners together and have a meet. We actually had a really nice one about 2 years ago, but it seems that its mostly Suby's that show up.

Post up and let me know. I would REALLY like to have a butt load of Evo's at the next meet. So many that it'll make the Suby guys heads spin.
Old Jan 13, 2008 | 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

Anybody go to UC, park in campus green, and drive a silver evo? Saw one there the other day.
Old Jan 14, 2008 | 04:00 AM
Evolved Member

Oh the joys of having a full house. It seems my time is so limited these days. I would surely love a meet. It will need to be planned way in avance for those of us that have familys so we can make the proper arangements.

Antwon, I think you are seeing Nick's car. He has a silver one and is near UC...or at least he used to be.
Old Jan 14, 2008 | 05:37 AM
Evolved Member

We can't even get a local meet together, much less one on Louisville! Our 'meets' usually end up being at a race track or auto-x, or when someone is working on their car.
Old Jan 14, 2008 | 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Appauldd
Oh the joys of having a full house. It seems my time is so limited these days. I would surely love a meet. It will need to be planned way in avance for those of us that have familys so we can make the proper arangements.

Antwon, I think you are seeing Nick's car. He has a silver one and is near UC...or at least he used to be.
I parked in the one next to the library on Sat night to go to the game, but that's about it for me. I graduated in 05 and just recently moved to Anderson so I avoid Clifton as much as possible now.

Quick Reply: ***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***