Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2008 | 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone at Edgewater last night? I thought I saw an evo there....

And I am about to head up to Tri-state....not sure if any of you are close but they are only open to 5.

Last edited by 4G63 4EVR; Oct 18, 2008 at 11:05 AM.
Old Oct 20, 2008 | 07:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4G63 4EVR
Anyone at Edgewater last night? I thought I saw an evo there....

And I am about to head up to Tri-state....not sure if any of you are close but they are only open to 5.
I went up to Tri State around 4 and hot lapped it to get in 4 runs before they closed. Got a new best trap speed of 116, not too shabby for a stock Z06. The air was nice and cool, a lot better than the last time I was there. I basically picked up 2 mph just because of the air. Too bad my clutch sucks or I could have picked up a little time too.
Old Oct 20, 2008 | 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by coolnick
I went up to Tri State around 4 and hot lapped it to get in 4 runs before they closed. Got a new best trap speed of 116, not too shabby for a stock Z06. The air was nice and cool, a lot better than the last time I was there. I basically picked up 2 mph just because of the air. Too bad my clutch sucks or I could have picked up a little time too.
What was your times and 60'. Just curious.
Old Oct 20, 2008 | 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Appauldd
What was your times and 60'. Just curious.
12.60 @ 116 with a 2.1 60'. My best 60' was a 2.0. The track was nice and sticky, but my clutch pedal will stick about halfway if I slip the clutch at all on the launch. The tranny is in the rear so the clutch line is run up in the tunnel all the way to the back and the slave is inside the bellhousing, so heat is a major issue with the clutch fluid. I need to flush it and get some high temp fluid in there, but it is a major PITA to change the fluid. Once I get that sorted out I should be able to cut at least some 1.9s and possibly some 1.8s and that will dramatically improve my ET.

I had better traction in 1st than I did in 2nd thanks to the awesome track prep in the first hundred feet or so, but I couldn't take advantage of it.
Old Oct 21, 2008 | 10:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by coolnick
Well I was there with my car but just to watch. The evening before at Edgewater with cool temps had helped me run my bests. I was able to trap a couple 13.3's one of which @ 102.3 mph (1.844 60') on a stock everything 9. I was more than suprised at what I picked up given the air temps although I have only run on two other occasions during hot humid weather.

I saw a vette at Tri-state making passes so it was probably you. I am not sure if you saw my car but I wasn't around it much anyways.

I have a question for you guys. What track have you ran better at? I hear mixed opinions from the ricers that I have talked to.
Old Oct 22, 2008 | 07:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 4G63 4EVR
Well I was there with my car but just to watch. The evening before at Edgewater with cool temps had helped me run my bests. I was able to trap a couple 13.3's one of which @ 102.3 mph (1.844 60') on a stock everything 9. I was more than suprised at what I picked up given the air temps although I have only run on two other occasions during hot humid weather.

I saw a vette at Tri-state making passes so it was probably you. I am not sure if you saw my car but I wasn't around it much anyways.

I have a question for you guys. What track have you ran better at? I hear mixed opinions from the ricers that I have talked to.
I won't go to ewater just because of the ricer fest and they won't let you run in the groove on street tires. I guess if I was running slicks I might feel differently about that, but I'm not so I would rather go to the place that will let me run in the groove. The ricer fest sucks since you hardly get any runs in. At T state I was able to get off 4 runs in about 45 minutes and that was with a decent amount of cars there. That's not going to happen at ewater. I hear mixed things about track prep as well, but I never have any problems at Tri State.

I was in the blue C5 Z06 right at the end of the day.
Old Nov 4, 2008 | 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

So whats everyone been up to? I put my winter wheels on today.
Old Nov 4, 2008 | 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Hey Timmy,

Glad to see you are still around. I will have to have you over some time. Got anything you want done to your car??? I have my garage pretty hooked up.

I finally sent out my JDM rear bumper for paint. I will be starting the prep work on the C-West front bumper now.

Anyone know a cheap, local place to get tires? I need 265/35/18 or 255/35/18. The 265s might require a little fender rolling but that is no biggie.

OHHHH another hot topic for me any way is the new Bluegrass Motorsports Club and road course. They are due to open next spring. The location is near KY Speedway.

10/10ths motorsports (a local car club) is looking for members. It is FREE to join but with 50 bucks you will be given the opportunity to have several track days at both the KY track and putnam park in IN at a 10% discount. A cool part of the club is that Danny Popp is the chief instructor. Below is the link to their site. Check them out.

http://www.1010drive.citymax.com/page/page/5236308.htm

They are mostly domestic, but that isn't a problem for us.

Paul
Old Nov 4, 2008 | 04:55 PM
Evolving Member

Paul ive bought 2 sets of tires from tire rack and pay $11.00 wheel to have them mounted at michel tire.and that way for me was still cheaper then buying the tires from tire discounters or michel tire.
Old Nov 5, 2008 | 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

I can't wait for Bluegrass to open. There are a bunch of pics up on CSS of the track. The 2.5 mile section that will open this spring is already halfway paved. Lots of elevation and a retardedly long straight should make for a fun track. They have a carousel leading onto the straight/pit just like Mid Oh and a sick downhill esses section. Danny was telling me that they already have 8 events lined up for 09. They have some top notch instructors and you get WAY MORE track time than you would with NASA, but no competetive groups. I'll probably do track days with both organizations since the racing atmosphere with NASA is so much fun.

Paul if you are getting street tires I would get whatever size Falken offers in the Azenis 615 that will fit your wheel. They should have a 255/35-18 and it will run as wide as a typical 265 in any other brand. I had them on the Evo and I have them on the Vette. They are my favorite street tire and they get really grippy on the road course once you get some heat in them. I always buy them from either www.edgeracing.com or www.vulcantire.com.
Old Nov 5, 2008 | 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

I went to the open house at Bluegrass a few weeks ago, very exciting stuff. I talked to Danny while I was there and Bill (10/10ths), and signed up as an instructor for them. One Lap will also be there in May...
Old Nov 5, 2008 | 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

So is there any idea what the cost will be for a track day with them????
Old Nov 5, 2008 | 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

http://www.1010thsmotorsports.com
Old Nov 6, 2008 | 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Appauldd
So is there any idea what the cost will be for a track day with them????
$265 for the lazy asses.
Old Nov 9, 2008 | 08:04 PM

I have a question for all of you Ohio people. While driving 70 near Springfield (east bound), 77 near Cambridge (north bound), and 77 near the Akron/Canton Airport (south bound) I have seen purple peices of wood hanging from trees. Anyone else seen these and know what they are??

Quick Reply: ***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***