Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2009 | 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im still game for a meet. im trying to get a group together to cruise up to the shootout in august. also appauldd do you have the ww VIII w/jdm IX rear bumper thats always at thomas more college?
Old Jun 29, 2009 | 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Yeah that is mine.
Old Jun 29, 2009 | 05:29 PM

props, that is a beautiful evo. i see that parked there all the time, as a matter of fact its my buddies background image on his blackberry
Old Jun 29, 2009 | 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks....Have you seen it since I put on the new wheels, tires and COBB cat back???
Old Jun 30, 2009 | 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

i think we need to get regular evo meet going....
Old Jun 30, 2009 | 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fractur3
i think we need to get regular evo meet going....
Set something up. Location that is allowed, time, and date.

Many of us would prefer something like a park so that our children can play while we talk shop.
Old Jul 1, 2009 | 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Appauldd
Set something up. Location that is allowed, time, and date.

Many of us would prefer something like a park so that our children can play while we talk shop.
A park would work, but I own the UNO's on Union Center, so that is also an option.
Old Jul 1, 2009 | 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

That might just work too. I didn't even know there was an UNOs there? Then again I havn't been up that way in a long time.

Owning the UNOs is great, but do you own the land too???? I ask because I planned meets before with local vendors only to have the land owners tell me no.

So we have a location....now we need dates and times.
Old Jul 1, 2009 | 10:25 AM

good chance it was me

Originally Posted by evo loco
any one on here in a black evo x around alexandria ky on 275 friday night?

I used to have an 05 OBP STi but I recently switched to the dark side. lol. I havent really started posting on here yet because Im new to the evo world and have just been reading as much aas possible. I was all over that strecth of road that night and considering I havent seen any other black x's, it was most likely me. I noticed in one of the replies that there is another black x in independence , which I wasnt aware of. I honestly havent even seen another x since I got mine a couple months ago. To be totally honest, the car is actually my wifes but I am usually at the wheel from friday to sunday. My jetta diesel is a lot more economical for my 62 mile round trip to work.
Old Jul 1, 2009 | 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Seems like Xs are poping up all over the place. Post some pictures so we can all drool.

I am up the road from you in Taylor Mill. Look for my White VIII with black wheels.

Paul
Old Jul 1, 2009 | 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

That might just work too. I didn't even know there was an UNOs there? Then again I havn't been up that way in a long time.

Owning the UNOs is great, but do you own the land too???? I ask because I planned meets before with local vendors only to have the land owners tell me no.

So we have a location....now we need dates and times.
Well, actually, my parents own the UNO's, my name is on the land
Old Jul 1, 2009 | 10:35 AM
Evolved Member

well.....let's work something up.

Ha.... a day time weekend thing would be great. The wives can all go to IKEA while we hang out.
Old Jul 1, 2009 | 10:39 AM

Seems like Xs are poping up all over the place. Post some pictures so we can all drool.

I am up the road from you in Taylor Mill. Look for my White VIII with black wheels.

Paul

Im not very good at working these sites with attachements but Ill give it a shot when I have a chance. I live right up the hill in edgewood and my parents/brother live on heathermoor so Im frequently playing on the hill between 3L and old tayler mill road, i cant remember the name of the road offhand. My brother has my wifes old silver bugeye wrx which you may have seen running around taylor mill alot.

Our x is stock for the moment but Im looking to get it tuned soon. With the subbies, Mead was the place to go for service and tuning but Im new to the evo world and havent figured it all out yet. Are there any local shops with reputable tuners?
Old Jul 1, 2009 | 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

There isn't a single Evo shop in a 4 hour radius. Tuning, for the most part is done on our own. It is pretty easy once you get the hang of it.
Old Jul 1, 2009 | 10:56 AM

There isn't a single Evo shop in a 4 hour radius. Tuning, for the most part is done on our own. It is pretty easy once you get the hang of it.
Im assuming that you use ecuflash? Im decently intelligent (not stupid at least) but the idea of tuning my own car scares me. How did you go about learning how to tune without screwing anything up? Or did you just mess things up, replace, and retune? I guess if I had some help getting through the learning curve I might give it a shot. Is Buschur the shop that youre referring to thats 4hrs away? Im actually wanting to go e85 so I might end up using them to do it. They arent sure of an upgrade fuel pump for the x's yet so they are hesitant about tuning my car for e85. With a gas station so close (latonia krogers) that has e85 it just seems logical. Who knows though, it might be more trouble than its worth. You 8 & 9 owners seem to be having some pretty good success with e85. Do you know of any running aorund the area?

Quick Reply: ***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***