Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2009 | 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
found a giant rip in my LICP coupler before i even started a boost leak test
that was why i threw the P0243 (wastegate over duty) code
and also why the car made alot of noise but didn't go anywhere.

new silicone coupler is here, Ill be doing a more thorough leak test this weekend.
I have my boost set to 18PSI and it feels stronger now than it ever has. I feel there are still more leaks though so it will stay at 18 until im fully diagnosed, then off for a retune for ultimate fuel economy.
Old Nov 25, 2009 | 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

stupid
Old Nov 27, 2009 | 04:03 AM
Evolving Member

Any one know who's drive a lightning yellow evo with tinted windows? There's one in the cincinnati police impound lot on spring grove ave looks like it might have front end damage.

never mind got a better look its just a lancer.

Last edited by evo loco; Nov 27, 2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old Nov 27, 2009 | 06:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by heel_touge

new silicone coupler is here, Ill be doing a more thorough leak test this weekend.
I have my boost set to 18PSI and it feels stronger now than it ever has. I feel there are still more leaks though so it will stay at 18 until im fully diagnosed, then off for a retune for ultimate fuel economy.
Mark,

Give me a shout.....You can bring the car over, I will hook up my boost leak tester and we can find all of your problems.....Too easy.

Paul
Old Nov 27, 2009 | 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

what's your schedule like this weekend?
Old Nov 27, 2009 | 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Not much going on this weekend. You can take a look at those winter wheels and tires too while you are here.
Old Dec 1, 2009 | 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

If you look around on the threads here, you can find a DIY boost leak tester. I ended up making one for myself. It's really easy and you can get your parts at almost any hardware store. A downsizing coupler, PVC endcap, drill, sealant, clamps, and a tire stem is pretty much all that is needed (on top of an air compressor). Not for looks but works.

Even easier, go see Paul
Old Dec 1, 2009 | 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

I have a few things for sale

Milli Miglia wheels with snows....make offer.
A set of EBC yellowstuff front pads NEW $70
A set of 1260cc injectors $300
5Zigen cat back $200
Knock off C-west bumper.....Come get it.
Old Dec 1, 2009 | 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Appauldd
Download the virtual dyno in the EcuFlash section on here. All you need to do is load a pull into it and it does the rest. It is very accurate too.

Yes, I drive my car in all weather. I put on snow tires and remove a lot of the carbon fiber goodies.

As for a guess about your power, I would say you are in the 320+ range. I ran 11.99 at 106mph when I was at 350ish. My car is a tq monster though, 1.70 60' 89mph in the 1/8th. This was before cams and boost was only at 25ish. I found out later that my old tubular exhaust manifold was cracked too.
Is the virtual dyno an excel document? I have something where you paste your load/rpm and it crunches it for you based on few settings. I downloaded a trial of DLL but have yet to put my numbers into it. I have been busy with family in town for Thanksgiving.

I was thinking I am around the 300 mark specifically in the 300-310 range but comparing to your numbers maybe a little higher. I'll try to get my recent loads into one of the virtual dynos.
Old Dec 2, 2009 | 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Appauldd
Not much going on this weekend. You can take a look at those winter wheels and tires too while you are here.

i figured i needed one for myself.
went to ACE. got the perfect size cap. had some extra fancy bolt together tire valve stems, drilled hole bolted up and viola! thing worked perfectly.
fixed my coupler issue, ran the tester and found it was still leaking because i didnt have the clamps on tight enough.
fixed that then found my BOV is leaking off pressure at around 11PSI through this nipple on the top. I don't believe it is supposed to do that, and its a ****ty Type S so i just picked up a 9 OEM that should be here friday or sat. after that im good to go!

Thanks for the offer to help Paul!
what do you want for those wheeeeeeels?
and can you give me a name for them so i can look em up online?
Old Dec 2, 2009 | 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

You can repair the type S if you want. Pretty easy fix for where it is leaking. It is actually common on adjustable BOVs.

Take the adjusting screw out and wrap it with some teflon plumbers tape and reinstall it. BAM fixed that leak.

As for the wheels..Mille Miglia Action...here is what they look like.

Old Dec 2, 2009 | 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

ill take a look at it this weekend.

as far as the wheels go, not my cup o tea unless you're asking significantly less than a set of OEM 8's which is what im expecting to find. i just dropped some cashola on snow tires cause i wanted some top o the line blizzaks. im dumb and should have just picked up your set. oh welllllls.
Old Dec 2, 2009 | 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

ill take a look at it this weekend.

as far as the wheels go, not my cup o tea unless you're asking significantly less than a set of OEM 8's which is what im expecting to find. i just dropped some cashola on snow tires cause i wanted some top o the line blizzaks. im dumb and should have just picked up your set. oh welllllls.
Yes, I am asking significantly less.....like less than you paid for 2 of your blizzaks.
Old Dec 5, 2009 | 06:30 AM
Evolving Member

AUDIO NERD ASSISTANCE NEEDED!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ml#post7770102
Old Dec 6, 2009 | 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone around here with aftermarket o2's have any issues with cold weather causing excessive boost creep?

With the nasty blow of recent cold weather, I noticed not being able to control my peak boost. No matter what it would hit my target and jump to 24psi at the high end. I didn't see this last year and this past summer I installed a Megan. 24psi wouldn't be a problem if I had the fuel...I do need a pump.

It looks like I'll be getting out the air tools to open up the o2 wastegate merge based on the research that I have done. It sounds like the Megan/Ebay o2's tend to have this issue depending on the setup. I guess the backpressure that is cause at the merge point restricts the purging of the wastegate flow. Two things can be done, one to port the merge in the o2, the other to port something on the turbo side.

Quick Reply: ***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***