Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2010 | 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i agree with paul, just tune it yourself on stock ecu for now. everybody it seems is always picking up more mods every once in a while, and getting a pro tune every 6 months or so would get very expensive real quick.
Old Feb 4, 2010 | 09:02 AM

+1 lets get a meet together in the next couple weeks, i should (fingers crossed) FINALLY have mine back fairly soon

Originally Posted by Fractur3
meet meet meet meet meet meet meet meet meet meet meet meet meet meet meet meet meet meet meet meet
Old Feb 4, 2010 | 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by iloveboost
+1 lets get a meet together in the next couple weeks, i should (fingers crossed) FINALLY have mine back fairly soon
+1... I want to go to my first Evo meet!
Old Feb 4, 2010 | 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Someone make the plans....set up a location and time. I need to know in advance...otherwise the family takes presidence.
Old Feb 4, 2010 | 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Appauldd
Someone make the plans....set up a location and time. I need to know in advance...otherwise the family takes presidence.
Almost any weekend after V-day weekend works for me. (as long as I am back for the Saturday UD games!) As for location, the further north to Dayton you Cincy guys want to go the better for me!!
Old Feb 4, 2010 | 03:30 PM

are any of you going to the Winged Warriors on may 8th in indianapolis? im tryin to gets some parts before then..... can anyone close tune a stock ecu? i wanna learn
Old Feb 4, 2010 | 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

what is winged warriors?
Old Feb 4, 2010 | 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

Old Feb 4, 2010 | 04:16 PM
Evolving Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mi...y-8th-orp.html
Its a charity car event to raise money for the indy children hospital, that has autox,drag racing, car show ect. my son and i have been to every one so far we just go to hang out and watch all the action

Last edited by evo loco; Feb 4, 2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old Feb 4, 2010 | 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Timmy....This is the first year I do not have duty on the WW weekend. We need to plan the trip. I really want to go. I can show off a few new goodies too. Oh and I thought you were going to sell some parts ? ?

Sean06....what do you want done for a tune? I've been doing it for years.
Old Feb 5, 2010 | 06:20 AM

So where the hell is this bad weather?! I thought it was supposed to start this morning.

The snow tires have seen far too much dry pavement... I want to play in the snow! Who's in Dayton and wants to join??
Old Feb 5, 2010 | 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Appauldd
There isn't any "tuners" in the SW Ohio area. Your only option is to either go to Buschur or AMS. Both are a good 3+ hour drive minimum.

You really don't need a COBB access port. We have the capability to tune and flash the stock ECU and easily do everything the access port can. Many of us (myself included) tune our own cars.

Search in the EcuFlash forums for more information.

Paul
I don't really have the time to learn how to tune nor the stomach to deal with making those sort of changes to an expensive car all by myself. I would love to do it because I'm cheap by nature and love to tinker, I just don't have time for it.

My wife is very patient with my other vices - I am a workout fanatic and a Home Theater nut, so I can't really expect her to put up with another hobby that sucks all my time away, especially since child #2 is on the way.

So I'm really looking to buy something that I can load a preconfigured conservative tune on it. If there was a real tuner within 20 miles I would consider that but 3+ hours is too far away.
Old Feb 5, 2010 | 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by koach
I don't really have the time to learn how to tune nor the stomach to deal with making those sort of changes to an expensive car all by myself. I would love to do it because I'm cheap by nature and love to tinker, I just don't have time for it.

My wife is very patient with my other vices - I am a workout fanatic and a Home Theater nut, so I can't really expect her to put up with another hobby that sucks all my time away, especially since child #2 is on the way.

So I'm really looking to buy something that I can load a preconfigured conservative tune on it. If there was a real tuner within 20 miles I would consider that but 3+ hours is too far away.
koach:

I live in Dayton as well and it sucks there isn't tuner really besides AMS in Chicago. Anyway, I am new to the game as well but plan to learn. Paul (Applaudd) definitely know his stuff and has given me some good knowledge already and more once I get my tantrix cable and software. While I am still young and dont have a family, I plan to do some reading whenever I can. Once I get up to speed, I could help you out. I'm not 100%, but I think there is free software out there that you can just load right on without too much tinkering.

Will you be out playing in the snow today??

-Ryan
Old Feb 5, 2010 | 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Tuning Training 101
Lessons 1

READ, READ, READ.

Do not attempt to start tuning unless you fully understand what you are doing.
Old Feb 5, 2010 | 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

There may not be any in Cincinnati or Dayton but there is Buschur in Wakeman, Oh. and Pure-Tuning in Toledo. Both are closer than AMS. There are probably other less known ones also. Seems like there was a place in Columbus.
If you are in Dayton you are only a few hours from Pure Tuning and maybe 3 from Buschur. AMS is probably 4-5hrs

Quick Reply: ***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***