Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2010 | 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Eli.....where you been? How's the knee healing?
Old Feb 5, 2010 | 01:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by UD Kingo
koach:

I live in Dayton as well and it sucks there isn't tuner really besides AMS in Chicago. Anyway, I am new to the game as well but plan to learn. Paul (Applaudd) definitely know his stuff and has given me some good knowledge already and more once I get my tantrix cable and software. While I am still young and dont have a family, I plan to do some reading whenever I can. Once I get up to speed, I could help you out. I'm not 100%, but I think there is free software out there that you can just load right on without too much tinkering.

Will you be out playing in the snow today??

-Ryan
Did you go to UD? Class of '02 here.

I appreciate the offer, and would love to learn how to tune, but like I said it is too time consuming and dangerous for me. 10 years ago I would have jumped right on it but now I guess I'm just an old man inside.

I stayed home from work today because of the snow. I live 30 miles away from work and I didn't want to drive home from work in bad snow. it never fails that at least once a year a freak snowstorm happens at work and it takes me 2.5-3 hours to get home.

Yeah from what I understand the software is free. All you have to do is buy the cable and a laptop if you don't already own one. Good luck with tuning.
Old Feb 5, 2010 | 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Appauldd
Eli.....where you been? How's the knee healing?
I've been lurking around the forum. Just not posting much.
The knee is healing good. I'm hoping to be walking in about 2 weeks. I go back Feb 22nd for follow-up. I'm tired of being on crutches. I've been on them almost two months now. I've had my wife drive the Evo every now and then so it isn't just sitting. I can't believe it still starts right up after sitting for several weeks in the winter with a 4 year old mini Odyssey battery.
Old Feb 8, 2010 | 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by koach
Did you go to UD? Class of '02 here.

I appreciate the offer, and would love to learn how to tune, but like I said it is too time consuming and dangerous for me. 10 years ago I would have jumped right on it but now I guess I'm just an old man inside.

I stayed home from work today because of the snow. I live 30 miles away from work and I didn't want to drive home from work in bad snow. it never fails that at least once a year a freak snowstorm happens at work and it takes me 2.5-3 hours to get home.

Yeah from what I understand the software is free. All you have to do is buy the cable and a laptop if you don't already own one. Good luck with tuning.
Class of '09 here. Were you at the game on Saturday?!?! I sat 3rd row with my boss and it was awesome! Nothing feels quite as good as a Xavier ***-kicking. I heard Joe Lunardi may have the A-10 getting 6 bids this year!!

Anyway. I will likely plan to read for the rest of the winter and then get my cable in the spring. I'll let you know.

Hope to see you out there!
Old Feb 8, 2010 | 07:03 AM
Evolving Member
Veteran: Marine Corp

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
03 BBY in the Dayton area. It get's out once in a while (just wish it was me able to drive it).
Old Feb 8, 2010 | 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

we need to have a meet, seems like a few new faces have poped up.

how about a meet the weekend of the 26-28th? Is that too soon/too early? Some time in march?
Old Feb 8, 2010 | 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Didn't you say a while back that your rents have some restaurants? Maybe plan the meet at one of them. Since we are getting so many Dayton people....up north might be best.
Old Feb 8, 2010 | 07:12 PM
Evolving Member

Didn't you say a while back that your rents have some restaurants? Maybe plan the meet at one of them. Since we are getting so many Dayton people....up north might be best.
Yeah they own the UNOs Chicago Grill right off 75 on the Union Center exit. We could meet there and then get like a buffet-type deal on the patio. (the patio is indoor, and heated)

or a cruise.
Old Feb 8, 2010 | 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Hi All,

This is my first time posting on this thread (although I have been on the forum since '06), I'm from the Sharonville area in Cincinnati. It would be nice to go out once in a while to hang out with some fellow Evo owners.
Old Feb 8, 2010 | 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fractur3
Yeah they own the UNOs Chicago Grill right off 75 on the Union Center exit. We could meet there and then get like a buffet-type deal on the patio. (the patio is indoor, and heated)

or a cruise.
Well...it is winter so a cruise might be out of the question. Cold roads don't make for much fun on the twistys in my opinion.

I would be all for a meet and hang out type thing.
Old Feb 8, 2010 | 09:11 PM
Evolving Member

Well...it is winter so a cruise might be out of the question. Cold roads don't make for much fun on the twistys in my opinion.

well lets get a date set in march some time. Friday and Saturday nights are the busiest at the restaurant so thats out of the question, afternoon on a weekend would work well. What dates work for people? I can get a deal worked out so maybe we can eat too? If not just chill in the back of the lot...
Old Feb 8, 2010 | 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

im down for whenever so long as i know far enough in advance
Old Feb 9, 2010 | 02:10 AM

watch out for spring break though, i'll be gone march 5th through the 14th

Originally Posted by Fractur3
well lets get a date set in march some time. Friday and Saturday nights are the busiest at the restaurant so thats out of the question, afternoon on a weekend would work well. What dates work for people? I can get a deal worked out so maybe we can eat too? If not just chill in the back of the lot...
Old Feb 9, 2010 | 06:25 AM

Lets go driving now!

Old Feb 9, 2010 | 06:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by UD Kingo
Class of '09 here. Were you at the game on Saturday?!?! I sat 3rd row with my boss and it was awesome! Nothing feels quite as good as a Xavier ***-kicking. I heard Joe Lunardi may have the A-10 getting 6 bids this year!!

Anyway. I will likely plan to read for the rest of the winter and then get my cable in the spring. I'll let you know.

Hope to see you out there!
No I don't really follow sports. My dad wasn't in to them so I never got into them. But my stepfather is a UD and Bengals nut so I'm sure he was at that game.

Quick Reply: ***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***