Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2010 | 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by UD Kingo
I just bought a used Passport 9500ix! Cant wait to get it in the mail!
HA.....Westchester cops and the highway patrol will still catch you. The best radar detector on earth is keen eyesight and your right foot.
Old Mar 10, 2010 | 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by coolnick
Tis the season finally. I am going to drop off my manifold and turbine housing this week to get powdercoated, then the red goes on. Should be lots of fun dialing in the new injectors and switching over to v7. Anybody know how much the Mitsu MAP sensors are going for?
Were do you get your powdercoating done?
Old Mar 13, 2010 | 06:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fractur3
Were do you get your powdercoating done?
There is a guy on CSS that goes by mustangboy or something like that. He has a nice little setup at his house in Independence, KY and does great work at absolutely incredible prices. His little business is called Killer Koatings and you can email him at mustangboy@zoomtown.com.

Yeah Paul I know a lot of people recommend coating the turbine housing, but it seems just as many say the exact opposite. If it were a T3 or T4 housing I would coat it, but they want a million dollars for these stupid machined evo housings. I plan on getting this thing pretty damn hot on the roadcourse and I'd hate to have to swap it out.

I asked about the suspension stuff cause I have the JICs on my car too. This is like the 3rd set of JICs I have had on different cars and I have never had any problems with them. The housings are cadmium plated, but the salt corrodes them instantly. Apparently they don't use salt on the roads in Japan.

I am running the slightly crazy camber on my car with a little toe out in the rear. It does help with turn-in big time, but it will erase the inside shoulder of the tires if you don't drive like mario andretti every day lol.

You ready to experiment with speed density on my car?
Old Mar 13, 2010 | 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Why go full SD with the limited mods you will be doing? What are you hoping to gain from all of the headaches it takes to get it running right?

It really isn't necessary for anything less than 500whp.

As for your JIC....I have a set of good rears and a full set of springs if you wanna buy then CHEAP! My fronts were trashed.
Old Mar 13, 2010 | 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Appauldd
Why go full SD with the limited mods you will be doing? What are you hoping to gain from all of the headaches it takes to get it running right?

It really isn't necessary for anything less than 500whp.

As for your JIC....I have a set of good rears and a full set of springs if you wanna buy then CHEAP! My fronts were trashed.
I just wanted to go SD to get rid of all the herky jerk bull**** associated with these cars and their inability to drive like a normal car with a BOV that can operate above 25 psi. I'm looking for driveablity. I had a recirculated Forge BOV on the car and it surged and fluttered like a ****. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me to meter air, then run it through 10-12' of piping.

Hopefully I don't need any spare JIC parts anytime soon lol.
Old Mar 13, 2010 | 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Forge recircs are not all that good for Evos as you already know. Why not get the best of both worlds and pick up an APS dual vent. I have one, and with proper adjustment and tune the flutter is all but gone.

The right combination of parts and proper tune will give you the best potential drivability. If you are looking for VTA style BOVs then I can understand the desire for SD. Surge and flutter can still occur with SD as well.

I don't believe the recirc is so much of a metering issue but more of a pressure loss issue after the MAF. The sudden release of pressure causes issues with MAF readings. By recirculating the air back in after the MAF, the pressure loss isn't occurring and therefore no loss in MAF signals.

When you go with the Red, you will need to make sure you have at minimum an 18psi WG actuator and it has to be set slightly tight otherwise your flutter and surge could be an issue. In addition, boost tuning is critical.

I am not trying to talk you out of going SD, but the problems people have vs. the benefits at hp levels below 500whp are negligible.
Old Mar 16, 2010 | 07:32 AM

Meet meet meet!!!
Old Mar 16, 2010 | 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Put this on your calendar.....http://www.wingedwarrior.org/index.shtml

Winged Warrior VI will take place Saturday May 8th, 2010 at O'Reilly Raceway Park.

O'Reilly Raceway Park
10267 U.S. 126
Indianapolis, IN 46234

With it being so far out....we should plan a big convoy out there together. I know Timmy will be going for sure....he never misses it.
Old Mar 16, 2010 | 07:43 AM

Cost?
Old Mar 16, 2010 | 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

From their Forums

Here's all the info you need for Friday/Saturday!

Friday: Racers who haven't paid need to bring $80 to tech.
If you're running during midnight madness on Friday, it's $15 to race, and $8 to spectate. Children under 12 are free!

Midnight Madness starts at 5:30p, and runs until ~11p.

Saturday: If you can't make it to tech Friday night, you need to bring your $80 on Saturday morning and be at the track at 8a sharp!

Car show participants: $15. Gate time is 8a.

General Admission: $10. Gate time is 10a

Children under 12: FREE
Old Mar 16, 2010 | 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

I work at WPAFB in area B building 45. Today as I was leaving work and heading up the hill to the gate I saw a silver evo x in a parking lot. Anyone from here own it?
Old Mar 16, 2010 | 02:00 PM

hey im in the wpafb area so there is a meet for mostly subies but they are getting other cars. but i got invited so im intiviting all my evo bros

its over at the steak n shake parking lot (right next to best buy) across from the fairfield commons mall.

its at 8p.m. every tuesday

sorry for short notice i just got told today. so everyone who can go , ill be there!!!

thanks
Sean
Old Mar 17, 2010 | 05:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Appauldd
Put this on your calendar.....http://www.wingedwarrior.org/index.shtml

Winged Warrior VI will take place Saturday May 8th, 2010 at O'Reilly Raceway Park.

O'Reilly Raceway Park
10267 U.S. 126
Indianapolis, IN 46234

With it being so far out....we should plan a big convoy out there together. I know Timmy will be going for sure....he never misses it.
I assume this is a quarter mile track?
Old Mar 17, 2010 | 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

Yes Mark, it is 1/4 mile. But you will race Autox too, and rallyX in their cars so you won't F up your own. Then you have the show portion too. I believe there is even a drift area this year as well. Basically it is a car guy's wet dream come true.
Old Mar 17, 2010 | 08:52 AM
Evolving Member

I might not make it this year my brothers bachelor party is the same day. but its a fun time watching and hanging out it raises money for the childrens hospital in indy.

Quick Reply: ***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***