Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2010 | 05:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just bought my evo 3 days ago and I'm loving it!! I live in middletown, fiured I'd meet some new evo owners around the area, seeing as I have been stuck with the SRT4 group since 05. I drive a silver 05 evo 8 plates once I get them in are CHIC2NV if you see me around wave! I also have two 05 srt4s both mildly modded, I'm sure someone has seen the around plates are SRT MAMA and 74of200(white w/blue stripes) but yeah just trying to make some new friends!! o
Old Jun 27, 2010 | 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Heather.....welcome to the EvoM community. There is quite a calling of Evo owners in the Dayton area. Heck, I believe there is more than down here in Cincy any more.

Just keep this board as a primary spot to look for meet info and such.

Paul
Old Jun 27, 2010 | 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Appauldd
Heather.....welcome to the EvoM community. There is quite a calling of Evo owners in the Dayton area. Heck, I believe there is more than down here in Cincy any more.

Just keep this board as a primary spot to look for meet info and such.

Paul

I will definatelt keep my eye out for meets and thank you
Old Jun 27, 2010 | 05:02 PM

is middletown close to springfield?
Old Jun 27, 2010 | 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zshonk23
is middletown close to springfield?
about 45 minutes southwest of springfield
Old Jun 27, 2010 | 08:00 PM

middletown is 45 mins southwest of springfield and 45 mins north of cincy, so in the middle of it all!!
Old Jun 28, 2010 | 08:06 AM

Heather,

I found this and hope it helps as far as your boost question goes...if not I'm sure Paul or someone else could chime in?! These numbers are for a stock evo.

03-04s run 19.5psi at 3500rpm, which tapers to 16psi by 6500rpm
05-06s run 20.3psi at 3500rpm, which tapers to 17psi by 6500rpm
Old Jun 28, 2010 | 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

What is this "boost problem" ? ?

OK....so, I am deploying at the end of the summer and many of you on here have been asking for a meet. I am going to plan one.

Here is my idea....

Meet location....Newport on the Levee.....the parking near the river is all FREE
We can then drive to some scenic spots for some photos. Some runs through the tunnel will be fun too. Nothing crazy.

Dates and times are TBD. I will work out the details and keep everyone posted.

Paul
Old Jun 29, 2010 | 04:57 AM

My boost problem is I'm only spiking and holding 12psi at redline and every once and awhile the car will creep to 14 but that's it. The owner before me had the car tuned with more mods and then took the cams, cai, upper ic pipe and bov off to sell the car, well in srts and ss/tc if you tune the car when you take mods off you have to detune or retune the car. But the previous owner did not do anything with the slowmotion tune, soo I have this idea that in his tune he had a low boost setting at 12psi and used a mbc to adjust to higher psi ranges(this is my guess). I'm an srt4 chick and new to this evo stuff, so humor me if I sound crazy! I have checked all vacuum lines and nothing is out of place, so I'm kind of confused, but it's weird my evo on 11-12psi is fast then a stock 05 evo on stock boost .. Eitherway I'm buying the mods the car had on it from the previous owner and then probably tunning it asap! Any advise, input, or hell anything would be appreciated, like I said I'm new to evos and awd!

As for a meet in newport, I would be interested in doin somethin like that!! Date and time is all I need
Old Jun 29, 2010 | 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boostqueen05
My boost problem is I'm only spiking and holding 12psi at redline and every once and awhile the car will creep to 14 but that's it. The owner before me had the car tuned with more mods and then took the cams, cai, upper ic pipe and bov off to sell the car, well in srts and ss/tc if you tune the car when you take mods off you have to detune or retune the car. But the previous owner did not do anything with the slowmotion tune, soo I have this idea that in his tune he had a low boost setting at 12psi and used a mbc to adjust to higher psi ranges(this is my guess). I'm an srt4 chick and new to this evo stuff, so humor me if I sound crazy! I have checked all vacuum lines and nothing is out of place, so I'm kind of confused, but it's weird my evo on 11-12psi is fast then a stock 05 evo on stock boost .. Eitherway I'm buying the mods the car had on it from the previous owner and then probably tunning it asap! Any advise, input, or hell anything would be appreciated, like I said I'm new to evos and awd!

As for a meet in newport, I would be interested in doin somethin like that!! Date and time is all I need
I would have to see the car. I can hook up to your ECU and see what was "tuned". We can go over the car and look for anything that isn't "right". I know evos like the back of my hand...if there is something not right...I will find it.

A boost leak test is certainly in order and highly recommended. Evos are notorious for leaks.

As for only running 12psi...I am a little confused as this sounds like you are only running wastegate pressure if you are on the stock turbo. Also, the stock BOV is a POS so I highly recommend replacing it ASAP. An IX metal one will work wonderfully and you can get them for about 70 bucks on these forums.

Paul
Old Jun 29, 2010 | 06:25 AM
Evolving Member

Paul a meet sounds good , hopefully not soon because im on vacation until 7-10. and next month ill be on a fishing trip 8-15,16,17 .....
Old Jun 29, 2010 | 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Appauldd
I would have to see the car. I can hook up to your ECU and see what was "tuned". We can go over the car and look for anything that isn't "right". I know evos like the back of my hand...if there is something not right...I will find it.

A boost leak test is certainly in order and highly recommended. Evos are notorious for leaks.

As for only running 12psi...I am a little confused as this sounds like you are only running wastegate pressure if you are on the stock turbo. Also, the stock BOV is a POS so I highly recommend replacing it ASAP. An IX metal one will work wonderfully and you can get them for about 70 bucks on these forums.

Paul
Checking the car sounds like a great idea, i mean if you didnt mind. the closest thing i have had to a evo is a 98 rs eclipse, yeah dsm but TOTALLY different play ground i know. But I mean if you dont have a problem with checking it out, just let me know I can message you my phone number or something like that.

I have a boost leak tester for an srt-4, i am not sure if its the same design or even if it would work on an evo, so ill be looking through some threads on here to see how to make one!

I am running stock turbo, it is a built stock turbo, i dont know the specifics of when or what was done to the turbo when rebuilt(ex port polish, clip) but the turbo spools extremely fast, so im making a guess that it might have been clipped, but this is a guess! Ill keep my eye out for a evo 9 wga now and will try to get one of those asap!!!

Thank you for your help!
Old Jun 29, 2010 | 06:51 AM

I'm rocking about 22psi almost stock... you definitely have some sort of issue. I do have an '06, but the difference still isn't double.
Old Jun 29, 2010 | 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

Im definitely down for a meet, and the Levee sounds awesome....just need the date and time and ill run the rabid beast down there...
Old Jun 29, 2010 | 01:18 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Paul, let me know what weekends youre thinking. Id love to be around for it before you take off.

BoostQueen, the WGA probably isnt the issue. Youre only boosting the stock wastegate spring pressure. The BOV from the 9 is what Paul was talking about. The 8's dont like to hold boost as well as the 9's do. A boost leak, including the bov, can blead off a lot of boost pressure but would likely need to be pretty large to fall to 12, depending on what boost youre actually set at. Its not likely the stock boost settings on the ecu were ever tampered with because they wouldnt function with a MBC but its possible. Im assuming the stock solenoid was plugged back in? Could be a fualty solenoid too.

Regardless of parts you decide to put back on, it should get a retune anyway. Paul should be able to take care of you. If you need help after he heads over seas let me know. Id be happy to help, too.

Quick Reply: ***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***