Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2010 | 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blackevolution8
Hey Paul, let me know what weekends youre thinking. Id love to be around for it before you take off.

BoostQueen, the WGA probably isnt the issue. Youre only boosting the stock wastegate spring pressure. The BOV from the 9 is what Paul was talking about. The 8's dont like to hold boost as well as the 9's do. A boost leak, including the bov, can blead off a lot of boost pressure but would likely need to be pretty large to fall to 12, depending on what boost youre actually set at. Its not likely the stock boost settings on the ecu were ever tampered with because they wouldnt function with a MBC but its possible. Im assuming the stock solenoid was plugged back in? Could be a fualty solenoid too.

Regardless of parts you decide to put back on, it should get a retune anyway. Paul should be able to take care of you. If you need help after he heads over seas let me know. Id be happy to help, too.
Wow, I read pauls post completely wrong about the bov and wga, that's the blonde coming out in me.. Thanks guys!
Old Jun 29, 2010 | 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boostqueen05
Wow, I read pauls post completely wrong about the bov and wga, that's the blonde coming out in me.. Thanks guys!
No problem at all. Just thought Id clear it up before you bought it. Hope you get it running like its meant to. They're a blast at full potential!
Old Jun 29, 2010 | 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Hey guys, pardon the somewhat random post... but do any of you around the Cincinnati area have a stock upper intercooler pipe coupler laying around? I'm needing the one that is almost completly covered by the airbox. If you happen to have one that is just sitting collecting dust, please send me a PM to work out a deal.

Thanks in advanced for the help!
Old Jun 30, 2010 | 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by blackevolution8
No problem at all. Just thought Id clear it up before you bought it. Hope you get it running like its meant to. They're a blast at full potential!
Thanks!! I went through all the vacuum lines last night and found a line disconnected, but still only boosting 12-13psi..I have a turbo xs mbc I had from my srt4 and was thinking about putting that on there, any advise?

Also my car is showing a P0135 engine code. Do I need the o2 heater sensor or can I bypass it?
Old Jun 30, 2010 | 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JRB_EVO
Hey guys, pardon the somewhat random post... but do any of you around the Cincinnati area have a stock upper intercooler pipe coupler laying around? I'm needing the one that is almost completly covered by the airbox. If you happen to have one that is just sitting collecting dust, please send me a PM to work out a deal.

Thanks in advanced for the help!
I am sure I have more than one. You are referring to the "L" shaped one that connect to the TB correct? Just give me a call this weekend and you can swing by and get it. 513 498 3055

I played with the tune a little more and messed with the boost controller

93 Octane Pump gas - 28psi - EvoM Mode -Smoothing Factor 6 - 3rd Gear Pull

Oh and I bought another car garage is at max capacity

Last edited by CULVIIIER; Jun 30, 2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2010 | 10:21 PM
Evolved Member

couple pictures from tonight.. met up with some new folks

Old Jul 1, 2010 | 05:32 AM

Sexy
Old Jul 1, 2010 | 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Brad.....Good looking pics!

If anyone is looking for something to do this Sunday...I will be putting in my head gasket. Any and all are invited to come hang out. PM me for my address.
Old Jul 1, 2010 | 06:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Appauldd
Brad.....Good looking pics!

If anyone is looking for something to do this Sunday...I will be putting in my head gasket. Any and all are invited to come hang out. PM me for my address.
not sure how we havent met up yet, it seems you live real close to me!
Old Jul 1, 2010 | 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
not sure how we havent met up yet, it seems you live real close to me!
Yeah...I really don't know how we have not run into one another. I am always out and about. You are welcome to stop by any time if you would like.

Everyone....

How does the 24th or 25th of July look for a good day for a meet?

As for a time....I was thinking some time after noon. It would be great if Mark (or anyone else for that matter) can plan us a little cruise through some spirited roads.

The lot on the east side of Hooters is a great location for us to meet as it is rarely used and there is tons of space.

It would be cool to get the Subie guys there too ? ?

Paul
Old Jul 1, 2010 | 09:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CULVIIIER
I am sure I have more than one. You are referring to the "L" shaped one that connect to the TB correct? Just give me a call this weekend and you can swing by and get it. 513 498 3055

I played with the tune a little more and messed with the boost controller

93 Octane Pump gas - 28psi - EvoM Mode -Smoothing Factor 6 - 3rd Gear Pull

Why the loss of power so early? That RED should pull a lot more up top.

Great numbers though
Old Jul 1, 2010 | 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

Stock Actuator and just a mbc. If the sale of the car falls through I will be switching to ECU controlled boost. Its dropping to about 22psi @ 7500rpm. Car is pretty nasty for pump gas I am happy with it.
Old Jul 1, 2010 | 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CULVIIIER
Stock Actuator and just a mbc. If the sale of the car falls through I will be switching to ECU controlled boost. Its dropping to about 22psi @ 7500rpm. Car is pretty nasty for pump gas I am happy with it.
You would be amazed what a new WG actuator will do. My 18psi wga made a HUGE difference. I had to completely re-tune the car because boost holds way better.

Sorry to hear you are selling it....looks like a very fun car to drive.
Old Jul 1, 2010 | 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

Heather is coming over this Saturday to get a little re-tune...anyone else is welcome to stop on by. Maybe I will get the head gasket done then too. She said about 11ish.
Old Jul 1, 2010 | 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Appauldd
You would be amazed what a new WG actuator will do. My 18psi wga made a HUGE difference. I had to completely re-tune the car because boost holds way better.

Sorry to hear you are selling it....looks like a very fun car to drive.
Yeah I am just going to skip on the wga and go with the ecu controlled boost. I should have no problem holding to redline with the 3 port.

Should be real fun if I crank up the boost and toss some e85 in it!

I don't have to sell it just put up a feeler thread that had a ton of interest. I want to keep it but after picking up the FD I feel like the car payment and lack of garage space is kinda stupid haha

Quick Reply: ***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***