Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2010 | 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
11.5 is PERFECT for a safe 93 octane tune. You can go a smidgen leaner, but it isn't recommended.
Old Aug 15, 2010 | 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Appauldd
11.5 is PERFECT for a safe 93 octane tune. You can go a smidgen leaner, but it isn't recommended.

Wow... cool. Not bad for an off the shelf map. I always heard the accessport maps were kinda rich so I was expecting 10.9-11.2ish... I do have AMS upper IC piping thats not on the cobb map, maybe that made me a little leaner?
Old Aug 15, 2010 | 10:03 PM
Evolved Member

The upper pipe should have no effect on the AFR. Things like big front mounts, intakes going to the turbo, cams, turbos, exhausts, and boost all affect the AFR.
Old Aug 15, 2010 | 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

The upper pipe should have no effect on the AFR. Things like big front mounts, intakes going to the turbo, cams, turbos, exhausts, and boost all affect the AFR.
AMS intercooler is coming soon!!!
Old Aug 15, 2010 | 10:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I am still working on the tune, but so far the car is running extremely well. I can certainly feel the difference. Once I get the AFR set where I like it, I will tune it for some more power. As it is now, I am running 29psi of boost. It is hitting full boost by 3800 rpm. Spinning the tires is easy now.
Spinning the tires!?? I miss those quick spooling turbos!
Old Aug 16, 2010 | 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah Jim, from a stop...I can spin the hell out of them. Shifting fast and hard results in the tires cutting loose too. I am on summer tires too. I am tuning it to be a torque monster. AFR is close to being spot on. Boost is up to 29psi. I have room to go up to about 32psi, but I don't want to push the green too hard. It loves e85.

I hope to get a few clean pulls so I can post the results.

If anyone is wanting to make the switch, I highly recommend it. Fuel mileage does not suffer as much as one would expect. Power is vastly improved. The car runs amazingly well on this stuff.
Old Aug 16, 2010 | 07:33 AM

Yeah Jim, from a stop...I can spin the hell out of them. Shifting fast and hard results in the tires cutting loose too. I am on summer tires too. I am tuning it to be a torque monster. AFR is close to being spot on. Boost is up to 29psi. I have room to go up to about 32psi, but I don't want to push the green too hard. It loves e85.

I hope to get a few clean pulls so I can post the results.

If anyone is wanting to make the switch, I highly recommend it. Fuel mileage does not suffer as much as one would expect. Power is vastly improved. The car runs amazingly well on this stuff.

one of these days i will im going to find more injectors so we can dremel them!!! j/k im going to have to get some stuff done before i pay for anything else on the car
Old Aug 16, 2010 | 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Sean....I've been looking at your tune, and we have A LOT on the table. Get a Wide Band ASAP so I can re-tune you for more power. With your mods you should be close to the 400whp range.
Old Aug 16, 2010 | 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

jimib, just checked our your build thread. Pretty impressive work! I had my first attempt at porting my head this past winter and it went well. I wish I had a dyno to do a stock vs ported comparison. Do you work for anyone locally to build engines? If you ever need a hand or dont mind people watching Id love to check out your builds. I always love learning new things.
Old Aug 16, 2010 | 10:21 AM

Sean....I've been looking at your tune, and we have A LOT on the table. Get a Wide Band ASAP so I can re-tune you for more power. With your mods you should be close to the 400whp range.

sure thing!! as soon as i get back from florida next month ill buy it, i need to save some money for that. I will be buying some stuff if i can get my other car sold soon.

400whp sounds good though!!
Old Aug 16, 2010 | 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

booked on two more back to back jobs, so looks like no Ohio reunion/tracking in September :-(

But I think me and my buddy up here are doing a NASA HPDE at Pocono on September 4th, if anyone would like to join!
Old Aug 16, 2010 | 10:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blackevolution8
jimib, just checked our your build thread. Pretty impressive work! I had my first attempt at porting my head this past winter and it went well. I wish I had a dyno to do a stock vs ported comparison. Do you work for anyone locally to build engines? If you ever need a hand or dont mind people watching Id love to check out your builds. I always love learning new things.
Currently I just work for myself. I worked at Indy Cylinder Head in Indianapolis, and I worked at another shop locally. I will let ya know if I need any help. I am not organized enough right now to have a random visitors lol. I have a hard enough time finishing everything I start ha. I was about to start renting a shop again earlier in the year then I decided to have a im turning 30 not so midlife crisis this year and have been way more interested in chasing vagina than ever lol. Tryin to get my big head back in the game ha.
Old Aug 17, 2010 | 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

Posted a bunch of my pictures in here from the shootout. 18th Annual DSM/EVO Shootout Pics
Old Aug 17, 2010 | 07:54 PM
Evolving Member

Anybody in the greater Cincinnati area have an Innovate LM1 I can swing by and use your serial cable for a few minutes so I can diagnose my LM1 problems? Im having trouble logging and I am 90% certain its not the usb to serial adapter..
Old Aug 18, 2010 | 06:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jimib
Anybody in the greater Cincinnati area have an Innovate LM1 I can swing by and use your serial cable for a few minutes so I can diagnose my LM1 problems? Im having trouble logging and I am 90% certain its not the usb to serial adapter..
I have a LC1 serial cable in the car and a working USB to serial if you want to give those a try. I'll actually be at the office today if you want to swing by and grab thems.

Quick Reply: ***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***