Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2010 | 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fractur3
Now see, I had an AEM, then sold it because they said an Innovative was better and more accurate. ?!?
I'm happy with my innovate wideband. I was just curious if I was going to have to re-calibrate it every few months. I had the Zietronix wideband on my VIII and it worked great as well. The display was just too big.
Old Aug 21, 2010 | 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fractur3
Now see, I had an AEM, then sold it because they said an Innovative was better and more accurate. ?!?
The Innovative may be more accurate once calibrated, but Ive never had issues having to recalibrate my AEM. I even had one go bad from running leaded race gas, switched it out w/o ever turning the car on and took it for a spin and it read exactly the same as my previous readings.

I bought the Zeitronix wideband and it should be in Monday. Im very curious how close in comparison it is to the AEM. Im debating welding another bung in near my AEM to compare the reading accuracy. Im also going to try and create a sniffer in the tailpipe that extends far enough in the end that it wont scew the readings much at all. Im hoping its possible. I bought it to tune cars that dont have any way to log AFR and/or boost so something that can be moved from car to car w/o any major reading changes is going to be awesome.
Old Aug 21, 2010 | 10:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blackevolution8
The Innovative may be more accurate once calibrated, but Ive never had issues having to recalibrate my AEM. I even had one go bad from running leaded race gas, switched it out w/o ever turning the car on and took it for a spin and it read exactly the same as my previous readings.

I bought the Zeitronix wideband and it should be in Monday. Im very curious how close in comparison it is to the AEM. Im debating welding another bung in near my AEM to compare the reading accuracy. Im also going to try and create a sniffer in the tailpipe that extends far enough in the end that it wont scew the readings much at all. Im hoping its possible. I bought it to tune cars that dont have any way to log AFR and/or boost so something that can be moved from car to car w/o any major reading changes is going to be awesome.
Zeitronix still used a bosch 02 sensor so results should be the same. Let us know though...
Old Aug 22, 2010 | 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I love my Zeitronix. The digital gauge is awesome. I am thinking of picking up a full gamut of Zeitronx gauges and get rid of my Blitz DC IIs.
Old Aug 23, 2010 | 06:45 PM
Evolving Member

Paul, my zeitronix setup came in today. I have everything wired up and ready for boost and afr logging. I just need to make a tailpipe sniffer and we have a universal tuning setup!
Old Aug 23, 2010 | 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Cool beans Brad. Just got to any exhaust shop, they will have O2 bungs on the cheap. Then you can weld up a tail pipe mount. Look around on the net to get some ideas on how to make it.

If you need help wiring everything to make it easy to set up, just let me know. I have some great ideas on making hookup quick and painless.
Old Aug 23, 2010 | 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah Im going to look around for different ideas. I have an idea in mind to keep the wideband near the end of the exhaust so the wires dont get hot, but still get a good amount of air from inside the pipe to not get faulty readings.

I went to Lowes and got my supplies today and spent a couple hours getting everything wired so its universal. There's about 8' of wire going to both the 12v supply and the boost solenoid so it should mount on just about any car.
Old Aug 23, 2010 | 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Run the wires inside of a steel tube to protect them. You want the sensor as deep as possible in the tail pipe or the readings won't be as accurate.

Get some large alligator clips for connecting to the batter for power. Get some plastic wire loom to protect the wires and zip ties to hold the wires into the loom. You will also need an assortment of vacuum Ts and hose.

The rest is easy.
Old Aug 23, 2010 | 07:03 PM
Evolving Member

Ill swing by tomorrow and show you what ive done already and my idea of a sniffer. Is that okay? Im open to ideas before I make one. Until then Ill just remove the rear o2 and use that.
Old Aug 23, 2010 | 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Try something like this...

Old Aug 23, 2010 | 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Or this....

Old Aug 23, 2010 | 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

Thats almost exactly what I was thinking, just making the tube a little longer and with a bend so it will fit further into most exhuasts.
Old Aug 23, 2010 | 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

who wants to help me put my ATP downpipe and EWG on?
Old Aug 23, 2010 | 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Fractur3.....why did you go with an external gate....they are so loud. It will annoy you in a matter of a few months.
Old Aug 23, 2010 | 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

Depends on if the external wastegate is dumped or recirculated. I've had the dumped MAP o2 eliminator on my stock 8 turbo for almost 4 months and Im hoping to recirculate it this winter. Its fun to be loud at first but its getting old. Its obnoxious sometimes when I really want to get on it.

Quick Reply: ***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***