Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2010 | 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
No meet for me this weekend. Sorry y'all.
Old Aug 27, 2010 | 03:13 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spotted a black evo x on what looked like work emotions or possibly rotas outside of lifetime fitness at around 11pm, car looked good!
Old Aug 28, 2010 | 08:43 PM
Evolving Member

all 10

Changed my oil today on base and was on my way home on I-675 south bound. I got on it a little bit and bam,,, I hear a strange "clump clump" noise and pull over.. No check engine light, not fluids leaking, the cars running fine but every time I roll forward, the noise returns and I get vibrations. I call my insurance "free towing" and the flat bed tow truck driver arrives. We get the car half-way up his truck and notice the passenger side wheel is wobbling. Humm. We jack up the car and find all 5 lugs are finger tight! Then we jack up the rear passenger side and all 5 lugs are finger tight! The driver side wheels were fine. I rotated my tires 2 weeks ago and no issues at all until today.

I highly doubt I didn't tighten all 10 lug nuts on 1 side of the car especially since I use an impact gun etc... and remember ensureing all the lugs were tight. Bottom line,,, check your lugs! And then,, check them again! It could have been very bad for me today! I went to the Green, Dayton Mall etc.. the past few weeks and my friend says maybe someone tried to "jack" my wheels. I dunno. I do know, I am now going to buy a beater car ASAP!!!!
Old Aug 29, 2010 | 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jimib
Boo... I ported the turbo on that car.. I was looking forward to seeing numbers from it!
Yeah I hated to get rid of it but there was no point in keeping a car I maybe put 1000 miles a year on. I can say without a doubt that turbo was amazing. With the ported IM, TB, head work, Exhaust mani and o2 it spooled damn near as close to a stock turbo as you could get with a Red.

Car ended up making 480whp on Pump gas and 28-29psi. Never turned the wick up with E85. Put it on AutoTrader and it was sold within 24 hours. The new owner is a great guy and I am more than sure he will enjoy the car for what it is and take great care of it.

I just bough a 335xi to dick around with as a comfy/ricer waxing DD

And I still have this to play with

Old Aug 29, 2010 | 07:04 PM
Evolving Member

Meet?
Old Aug 30, 2010 | 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Fractur3
Meet?

MEET YES! i got a couple buddies that can roll up there too. so i can have at least 5 or 6 with me
Old Aug 30, 2010 | 11:53 AM

mine is broke or i would be in for a meet

Meet?
Old Aug 30, 2010 | 11:58 AM

[QUOTE=CULVIIIER;8626080]Yeah I hated to get rid of it but there was no point in keeping a car I maybe put 1000 miles a year on. I can say without a doubt that turbo was amazing. With the ported IM, TB, head work, Exhaust mani and o2 it spooled damn near as close to a stock turbo as you could get with a Red.

Car ended up making 480whp on Pump gas and 28-29psi. Never turned the wick up with E85. Put it on AutoTrader and it was sold within 24 hours. The new owner is a great guy and I am more than sure he will enjoy the car for what it is and take great care of it.

I just bough a 335xi to dick around with as a comfy/ricer waxing DD

And I still have this to play with

[/QUOTE

that was a sexy car, is the new owner local?
Old Aug 30, 2010 | 12:05 PM

kinda on the loop, and not automotive. but if you need a job bad enough, citibank in florence is usually always hiring... ****ty job, but its money

Originally Posted by blackevolution8
Does anyone know of any automotive jobs hiring within the 275 circle? Or any job for that matter. I need a job! Thanks!!
Old Aug 30, 2010 | 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

How does Sunday the 12th work for people?

Last edited by Fractur3; Aug 30, 2010 at 10:20 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2010 | 04:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by iloveboost
kinda on the loop, and not automotive. but if you need a job bad enough, citibank in florence is usually always hiring... ****ty job, but its money
Thanks for the feedback. I think im getting hired at Firestone just off exit 11 on 71. A job... finally!!
Old Aug 31, 2010 | 04:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Peteypab2133
that video is circulating everywhere! Brad, you got smoked by STM? nice launch btw! (a low 9 second car)
Yeah smoked is a good word. I was so caught up in the fact that I was racing a 9 second car I miss shifted twice getting into 3rd. He beet me on reaction time and ET, but I beet his 60'!!!
Old Aug 31, 2010 | 05:12 AM

How does Sunday the 12th work for people?

ya i wont be able to make that meet, Ill be in Florida visiting friends and family.
Old Aug 31, 2010 | 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by turpdogg
Changed my oil today on base and was on my way home on I-675 south bound. I got on it a little bit and bam,,, I hear a strange "clump clump" noise and pull over.. No check engine light, not fluids leaking, the cars running fine but every time I roll forward, the noise returns and I get vibrations. I call my insurance "free towing" and the flat bed tow truck driver arrives. We get the car half-way up his truck and notice the passenger side wheel is wobbling. Humm. We jack up the car and find all 5 lugs are finger tight! Then we jack up the rear passenger side and all 5 lugs are finger tight! The driver side wheels were fine. I rotated my tires 2 weeks ago and no issues at all until today.

I highly doubt I didn't tighten all 10 lug nuts on 1 side of the car especially since I use an impact gun etc... and remember ensureing all the lugs were tight. Bottom line,,, check your lugs! And then,, check them again! It could have been very bad for me today! I went to the Green, Dayton Mall etc.. the past few weeks and my friend says maybe someone tried to "jack" my wheels. I dunno. I do know, I am now going to buy a beater car ASAP!!!!
Wow Mike glad you are ok, that could have ended very badly.
Old Sep 1, 2010 | 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by iloveboost

that was a sexy car, is the new owner local?
Car ended up going to Clearwater Florida. Jeff is on the boards. Good dude and I am sure he will take great care of the car. Win win for me. Thanks for the compliments.

Quick Reply: ***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***