Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2011 | 09:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crashway2many
I recently bought some 800cc DW injectors for a future turbo build. I forgot that there was a map from Cobb for these. I was just going to wait for upgraded turbo and cams before I put these in. Would there be any gains to put them in now and run the cob map. Now I don't have the upgraded fuel pump so I'm not sure if I can do this. The one I'm thinking about running would be the stage 2 sf intake on 93 pump gas with DW 800cc injectors and upgraded fuel pump. Possibly the lwg one cuz I'm having trouble with overboosting.
Don't put the injectors in now, just wait until you get the turbo. You won't benefit any from putting them in on stock turbo unless your going with an e85 tune.

Also, don't go with a 255, go with the new DW 301 pump or the new aeromotive.

I got an ETS manifold with a 38mm external wastegate bung thermal coated black if you want it... Cheap
Old Feb 19, 2011 | 01:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey all.....it is good to be back on the forums. I got my pee pee slapped again by the mods. When will I ever learn?

As for the question about the injectors, you can put them in any time you choose and simply tune the car to run with them. 800cc isn't all that big (anymore) but a pump upgrade would be recommended as you don't want to go lean up top.

The larger injectors will allow you to safely run a little more boost up top. I ran 780CCs for years on just a 255 pump with no issues at all.

Everyone has their own theories though.
Old Feb 22, 2011 | 06:33 PM

I should be good for April 3 as well. Wasn't able to make the the last one so it would be nice to make this one and by then the weather should be a lot better than now!!!
Old Feb 28, 2011 | 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Might come.... but since I now longer have the eclipse (since someone hit me in the middle of the night) I'd be showing up in the Camo yota!!!
Old Mar 2, 2011 | 09:37 PM

Sup guys.

Im from Cincinnati. Anyone have a ECU, MAF, radiator and t-case for an evo 8?

Nick
Old Mar 3, 2011 | 05:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cefaln452
Sup guys.

Im from Cincinnati. Anyone have a ECU, MAF, radiator and t-case for an evo 8?

Nick
Youre about 2 weeks late on an ecu that I just sold. Ill keep my ears open for anyone local that has those parts and let you know if I find anything. Are you new to the area? You should come to the meets we have (if you havent already).
Old Mar 3, 2011 | 08:24 AM
Evolving Member

I have a stock ECU and MAF for an 8.
Old Mar 3, 2011 | 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

brads a n00b, popping the CV joint off FTMFL!!!!

lol just keeding
Old Mar 3, 2011 | 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

So are we on for April? It should be getting warm here soon.
Old Mar 4, 2011 | 05:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fractur3
brads a n00b, popping the CV joint off FTMFL!!!!

lol just keeding
Biggest PITA axle ive worked on!!! J/k. Ive had some difficult ones but usually they seperate faster. Dang Evo X's! Oh by the way, thanks for the peanut butter cookies. I took them as payment for making me swim in axle grease!!
Old Mar 4, 2011 | 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Brad.....there is ALWAYS a correct tool for the job and a correct method for the work. In time your "force" will be as great as mine....lol. Don't stress it man....happens to the best of us.

So....I am contemplating doing a build for my car. Here is my thoughts.....

10.5:1 86.5mm JE or Weisco pistons
Manley Turbo Tuff Rods, OR GRP Aluminum rods (I am leaning towards the aluminum rods)
100mm 4g64 crank; knive edged, balanced, blueprinted

Head....
+2mm intake vlaves
+1mm iconel exhaust valves
Mild porting on the exhaust side, heavy porting on the intake side
Already have cams, springs, retainers, & Unorthodox ultralight pullies

I am going to stick with my Green turbo, but I am going to send it to FP for a full rebuild and possibly an antisurge housing.

And....yep...it is time to go full Speed Density on the stock ecu. All other supporting mods like injectors, intake pipes, FMIC, fuel pumps etc. are already done.

The goal is to create a fast reving torque monster that will perform great in AutoX. It should net enough HP to run mid 10s in the 1/4 and will run on e85 of course. Oh and I will build the motor and the head in my garage at home.

Anyone know of a good machine shop to get the block and head cleaned and straightened?
Old Mar 4, 2011 | 06:20 AM
Evolving Member

Sounds like an awsome build! Ive been debating 2.3 myself just for a better responsive car on the street. I have a feeling Ill be doing a lot of autox events this year so that will probably make my decision that much easier this fall.

Ill ask around about machine shops. So far I dont know any that are good but I bet TiC knows some.

I just sold my AEM to go back to stock ECU so I can get some practice. I thought about using the stock MAF but ive been happy with speed density for the past few years so I decided to leave all my SD parts on the car and just get the SD ROM. I just started last week so Im working on deciphering the ROM. Ill let you know how it goes as I work through it.
Old Mar 4, 2011 | 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

DAMMIT!!! I just texted Tony that he better not have eaten my cookies too lol!

I'll be going to the auto x's this year as well, hopefully be running in them the later half of the year.
Old Mar 5, 2011 | 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Appauldd
Brad.....there is ALWAYS a correct tool for the job and a correct method for the work. In time your "force" will be as great as mine....lol. Don't stress it man....happens to the best of us.

So....I am contemplating doing a build for my car. Here is my thoughts.....

10.5:1 86.5mm JE or Weisco pistons
Manley Turbo Tuff Rods, OR GRP Aluminum rods (I am leaning towards the aluminum rods)
100mm 4g64 crank; knive edged, balanced, blueprinted

Head....
+2mm intake vlaves
+1mm iconel exhaust valves
Mild porting on the exhaust side, heavy porting on the intake side
Already have cams, springs, retainers, & Unorthodox ultralight pullies

I am going to stick with my Green turbo, but I am going to send it to FP for a full rebuild and possibly an antisurge housing.

And....yep...it is time to go full Speed Density on the stock ecu. All other supporting mods like injectors, intake pipes, FMIC, fuel pumps etc. are already done.

The goal is to create a fast reving torque monster that will perform great in AutoX. It should net enough HP to run mid 10s in the 1/4 and will run on e85 of course. Oh and I will build the motor and the head in my garage at home.

Anyone know of a good machine shop to get the block and head cleaned and straightened?
THIS!!!! That sounds like an awesome build plan. Cant wait to see what you actually do with it. On the down side, I'm no longer just down the street. We moved... Not far but I'm gonna miss seein the evo go by. If you want help when it comes time for the build, you got my number
Old Mar 5, 2011 | 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

Paul is all knowing. He needs no help. His tools ask him for help.

On a side note, dude..... Charlie Sheen.... what a nut

Quick Reply: ***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***