Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2011 | 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Brad have you been able to take a look at my car? Do you think there is any way to adjust the clutch so it slips a little more, instead of an on of switch. I know you can adjust the previous evo's, but i think the clutch master cylinder is different in an x. Tony did take it out to install that ams clutch master cylinder ring from ams. I wonder if it could not be adjusted right.
Old Apr 2, 2011 | 09:30 AM

^^^^ hey saw your X yesterday looks good.. (just saying) haha
Old Apr 2, 2011 | 09:43 AM

Thanks man. I guess you were at Tic yesterday.
Old Apr 2, 2011 | 02:22 PM

yes i was
Old Apr 3, 2011 | 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by crashway2many
Hey Brad have you been able to take a look at my car? Do you think there is any way to adjust the clutch so it slips a little more, instead of an on of switch. I know you can adjust the previous evo's, but i think the clutch master cylinder is different in an x. Tony did take it out to install that ams clutch master cylinder ring from ams. I wonder if it could not be adjusted right.
I was gone Monday and Tuesday and Tony left for florida on Thursday so its been a busy week. Tony did drive it Thursday for a bit but of course, no sounds. Im going to try to get out in it tomorrow for a bit. I hate to drive your car anywhere away from the shop but ill get to it.

I'll look into the clutch pedal adjustment also. Sometimes clutches just dont allow for slipping but we might be able to make some adjustments so its better.
Old Apr 3, 2011 | 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

race. car. was. nuts.
Old Apr 3, 2011 | 08:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fractur3
race. car. was. nuts.
Probably the most fun I've ever had in a car! Were you there for the accident??
Old Apr 4, 2011 | 05:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blackevolution8
Probably the most fun I've ever had in a car! Were you there for the accident??
yea we were just leaving, and then it happened. Didn't see it happen though.
Old Apr 6, 2011 | 02:08 AM
Evolving Member

Its been a while gentleman.

Picked up a new car recently. Brad is probably sick of seeing me up at TIC all the time shooting the breeze with Tony and Clint haha.

Anyways C63 AMG yada yada blah

Shooting for 10's with just bolt-ons N/A this year. Wish me luck!

Crash I saw your car up their the other day and just noticed it was in the background of a pic I snapped outside of TIC haha

Old Apr 6, 2011 | 04:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CULVIIIER
Picked up a new car recently. Brad is probably sick of seeing me up at TIC all the time shooting the breeze with Tony and Clint haha.
I am getting kind of tired of seeing that AMG all the time!!! Besides, if you think you come around the shop a lot, someone one this thread has you beat.... ehmmm Ryan....

Thats the part of this job that I enjoy. The cars are beautiful and the customer base is really cool. Makes it hard to work when Id rather talk to everyone when they come in.

Crashway,

I got a chance to drive the car on Monday. Only noise it made was on decel over 40 MPH and it was a loud whine. Not the usual awd whine. Barelly push the clutch in and it was gone. I think we're going to need to tear it down to get to the root of it. Feel free to call up and talk to Tony and see what he has in mind.

Last edited by blackevolution8; Apr 6, 2011 at 04:33 AM.
Old Apr 6, 2011 | 05:35 AM

hey just wondering for you guys in nky area that have a shop or garage. i want to start gettin into cars officially but im kinda new to the area .i live right by nku. well been out here a year now but havent really gotten a hold of anyone that into cars. any chance i could swing by the shops whenever you guys are there and just hang out/learn/shadow and just chill? and any of you guys going to winged warrior vll this coming may?.

and i just realised those pictures of the amg and x are right by where i work. literally right arcoss the street, im up on the hill. the gtr out there now is sweett

Last edited by mj08gts; Apr 6, 2011 at 05:41 AM.
Old Apr 6, 2011 | 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mj08gts
hey just wondering for you guys in nky area that have a shop or garage. i want to start gettin into cars officially but im kinda new to the area .i live right by nku. well been out here a year now but havent really gotten a hold of anyone that into cars. any chance i could swing by the shops whenever you guys are there and just hang out/learn/shadow and just chill? and any of you guys going to winged warrior vll this coming may?.

and i just realised those pictures of the amg and x are right by where i work. literally right arcoss the street, im up on the hill. the gtr out there now is sweett
That shop is called TiC. Thats probably the only shop within a 5 hour drive I would trust to even look at my car. They also are very patient with me

Brad...................

....... suck it.
Old Apr 6, 2011 | 11:57 AM
Evolving Member

lol damn I got hacked. Shouldn't have left my **** logged on Tonys computer
Old Apr 7, 2011 | 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

Anyone in the area own or know someone that owned an e46 M3? Looking to possibly get one for the wife but she wants to test drive one first. Would be greatly appreciated!
Old Apr 8, 2011 | 08:42 PM
Evolving Member

My neighbor has one (although its track prepped so that would be fairly useless to drive) and my buddy has one, but he goes to Miami U.. Try Enthusiast auto on reading rd. They have tons of them on the lot.

Quick Reply: ***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***