Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2011 | 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Appauldd
Hell...I need to find one.
I got mine on ebay from a BMW dealer in LA. They are pretty easy to find, I put in a best offer on a few of them and that was the one that took the lowest lowball lol.
Old Apr 20, 2011 | 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

CTSV would be sick. 2 or 4 door???
Old Apr 21, 2011 | 12:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I would go for a 4 door of course.
Old Apr 21, 2011 | 04:58 AM
Evolving Member

So what does this mean for OPP Paul?

I wish I had $19k or I would buy it. Very clean and very well maintained car! Is there anything youre willing to take off and sell seperate? Id do the labor of pulling that twin disc and buying it from you if you had something less aggressive you wanted to install.

...aaaaand the JDM rear!!!

Last edited by blackevolution8; Apr 21, 2011 at 05:08 AM.
Old Apr 21, 2011 | 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Brad,

To be honest, I don't know what is going to happen when I get home. I know I love working on cars, truck, jeeps, hell anything mechanical, but as I get older I have come to realize that a profession in a dieing trend may not be the best idea. Sure I will continue to help others and tune anyone that wants it, but I think it is time to go back to the white collar career once again. I will be retireing from the Army early next year so I can close this chapter of my life and move on to a professional civillian career. My main concern is that I have a 5 year old son that deserves all of my attention and support. By me "playing with cars" I am taking away from him.

I have not considered parting out the car as of yet as I have done far too much work to want to un-do it all to put it back to stock. My offer is out there and anyone is welcome to talk to me about the car. You all know my level of detail on this car. It was the 3rd white evo VIII sold in Cincinnati. I am the original owner and have put nearly every mile on it myself. I am (with a little help from a couple friends) the only person who has ever worked on the car. As it sits now, it would be quite competitive in AutoX and in Drag racing bracket classes. I would assume that at it's power level it very well may make 10 second passes on a good day. The car does not leak anywhere. It has had every service done at exact intervals and only the best fluids have been used. Whomever gets it will certainly be satisfied as they won't need to put much money into it to have it perform. I do believe I will de-tune it out of the e85 though. There just isn't enough stations around us.
Old Apr 21, 2011 | 06:19 AM

CTV-V really is great bang for the buck. I had considered it, but I figure 23-24 was my time for an Evo.

I used to have the B5 S4 with the 2.7T... nice car, but is an absolute NIGHTMARE for repairs. I blew a turbo in that... and, well, the engine had to come out just to replace a turbo. Anyway, I actually drove a 2004 Blk/blk S4 in Centerville last week. Nice car, clean, low miles and nice, but the guys price is crazy. My friend had an 05 and I remember as being FAST... but after the Evo, it just felt a little faster than you avg. A4.

I think the only car I would actually want right now (That is used and under say $25k) is a BMW 335i. With that, you still get turbo fun, its a gorgeous car, and BMW builds a good car. However, if you are set with 4 doors and AWD, your options are really just:
  • Any Audi
  • BMW X-Drives
  • Subies
  • Merc 4-matics
  • EVO
After that, I dont think I would consider others. I'd rather not see you leave the Evo community... but I completely understand what you mean.
Old Apr 21, 2011 | 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Appauldd
Brad,

To be honest, I don't know what is going to happen when I get home. I know I love working on cars, truck, jeeps, hell anything mechanical, but as I get older I have come to realize that a profession in a dieing trend may not be the best idea. Sure I will continue to help others and tune anyone that wants it, but I think it is time to go back to the white collar career once again. I will be retireing from the Army early next year so I can close this chapter of my life and move on to a professional civillian career. My main concern is that I have a 5 year old son that deserves all of my attention and support. By me "playing with cars" I am taking away from him.
Guaranteed paychecks are nice, and you might as well use your education to your advantage. And hanging out with your kids is far more entertaining that playing with cars. When he's a little older you can get back into it and build a car with him. I have girls so I'll be over here playing princess and tea party for the next 20 years lol.
Old Apr 21, 2011 | 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

I think the CTS-V 4 door would be pretty awesome. You gonna keep the recaro car seat?? lol That thing is sweet!!! I wish I had 19k. It wouldn't be for sale anymore lol. To bad i'm a broke *** college student. In a couple years though... I hope.
Old Apr 21, 2011 | 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

Paul, you just need to get an X. Much more "sophisticated" and still a good power plant.
Old Apr 21, 2011 | 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey whats up guys, I just had an 05 MR delivered to me tonight!

I live in anderson, and have a couple questions about this beast. shes kinda rough, picked it up for only 11k. CD player was already stolen during the shipment... oh well

anyways, lookin forward to seeing you all and maybe getting a few pointers or tips. this is my first boosted car, im kinda sorta new to the area, moved from cali in 09, and all I do is ride at wakenation all summer.

hit me up if youre close! thanks for the referral, fractur3
Old Apr 21, 2011 | 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

No worries man! Welcome to the group!! You'll have to start coming to the meets when we have them.

I saw a GG MR (8/9 body style) driving on Union Center BLVD today, anyone on here?
Old Apr 21, 2011 | 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by prowakeskater
hey whats up guys, I just had an 05 MR delivered to me tonight!

I live in anderson, and have a couple questions about this beast. shes kinda rough, picked it up for only 11k. CD player was already stolen during the shipment... oh well

anyways, lookin forward to seeing you all and maybe getting a few pointers or tips. this is my first boosted car, im kinda sorta new to the area, moved from cali in 09, and all I do is ride at wakenation all summer.

hit me up if youre close! thanks for the referral, fractur3
What kind of questions do you have? We don't have very many local Evo owners, but the ones we have are very knowledgeable.
Old Apr 21, 2011 | 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fractur3
What kind of questions do you have?
well, I really want someone to drive this thing to see if they have any thoughts on it. I took it for a spin and about came, lol, but I dont know about some odd behaviors..

If im cruising in 6th and accelerate, it spools up and everything, but if I stop accelerating, I get a weird wastegate/bov shudder and my engine "hiccups"

also, my idle goes wayy down if I give it a little gas in a stand still.

any ideas?
Old Apr 21, 2011 | 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

Well one thing, dont go WOT under 3k rpms in any gear but first, its not good for putting a load like that on the motor.

What kind of BOV are you running? Take it up to TiC and have Brad look at the map, he can also tune it if you'd like. That should get rid of the "hiccups" and potentially the poor idle. The idle could also be caused by a vacuum leak somewhere.

If you don't know what your doing, just take it up to TiC (in Fairfield) they'll get it fixed for you. There the only people I trust with my cars around this area, don't listen to anyone else lol.
Old Apr 21, 2011 | 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

And there's a slight grind going into 4th

Quick Reply: ***Official SW Ohio Chat Thread***